xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Tutorial : X-clamp Replacement - Lawdawg0931's Method  (Read 2035 times)

sara135

Tutorial : X-clamp Replacement - Lawdawg0931's Method
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2011, 03:26:01 AM »

I've read both guides(im not trying to start a vs here mods wink.gif  and I just need to ask a question for this method. I know in RBJtech's method, he has modified the heatsinks to fit the screws, and do you do any of that with this method or you just take the clamps out and replace them with screws+washers?

I've seen the reference picture in the guide, but it kinda confused me sleep.gif . Thanks.

memoman

« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2011, 03:10:42 PM »

Hi everyone,

Can anyone kindly list the parts i need (UK) to do this. As I'm a bit confused

Cheers

sinclairuser

« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »

tons of sellers on ebay for a couple of quid post free!
BUT its not recommended anymore it will only bodge it for a couple of months at the very best!
at the worst it will ruin the board personally i'd very carefully remove the xclamps clean the dies and reapply new paste just be very carefull there are loads of tuts out there to help
if xclamps are lose just GENTLY bend them back into shape if changingthe paste and cleaning gets it to boot
then you could buy a kit though i would not recomend it!
also use nylon washers not steel if i sound cautious its because as it sits now a PRO MAY BE ABLE TO FIX IT
however after its been bolted a real pro wont even touch it!
the thing is the net is full of fixes that are not really fixes just bodges from a time when we DID NOT KNOW ANY BETTER!
if it needs a reball its cheaper to buy a second hand console sad but true
cash generator have some good deals at the moment in the uk as they cannot sell an xbox360 unless its seals are intact 40-60 for a phat 80-95 for slim thats gbp.
the cost of a reball is around 50 quid so there not really worth repairing wink.gif

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 15 queries.