xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Switch  (Read 894 times)

smoke_screen_uk

• Archived User
Switch
« on: September 03, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(unnownwanderer057 @ Aug 23 2007, 10:14 AM) View Post

am i able to hook a switch up to be able to switch between a lcd screen and my tv screen. if so will it work on a softmod

By LCD screen I assume you mean a computer monitor.

I'm not entirely sure about the solution to your question because I've not dealt with softmods yet. I know Frosty the Snowman has made a softmod version of his VGA BIOS so you could connect your box to an LCD monitor.
As far as I understand a softmod is just a TSR (Terminate-Stay-Resident) type of program... so in theory you could have your box boot up with a softmod in a normal AV mode, then launch into a VGA mode one (even have a quicklaunch button assigned in some dashboards).
If this is so then you will just need to switch AV cables over when you want to swap between monitor and TV (or make a custom cable/port with the correct mode and video signal switching built in)

There is the option of buying a transcoder to convert from Component Video to VGA to connect to an LCD monitor, but then you would still need a TV that supports Component Video and a switch box to select between TV and Transcoder....

Hope this answers your question or at least points you in the right direction.
Smoke Screen