xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Linux Bootloader for xbox360 - XeLL *updated*  (Read 1284 times)

iLLNESS

Linux Bootloader for xbox360 - XeLL *updated*
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2007, 03:08:31 PM »

Xbox Media Center.
Enough said.
If i recall, Linux on the original xbox opened the door for all the homebrew xbox stuff.

I am just hoping that this is just a beginning, and eventually, anyone will be able to hack their xbox, despite the version AND still be able to use Live.
I really have no desire to go out and buy another 360.

i dont think it was linux itself that opened the door for the homebrew

this will open the door to homebrew however.. but just like xbox its not linux that does it, its what allows u to get linux going that lets u get homebrew going

this could be nice though, maybe we can get xbox games running from the hdd again with some sort of loader wink.gif

Tortuga2112

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2007, 09:12:14 PM »

i dont think it was linux itself that opened the door for the homebrew

this will open the door to homebrew however.. but just like xbox its not linux that does it, its what allows u to get linux going that lets u get homebrew going

this could be nice though, maybe we can get xbox games running from the hdd again with some sort of loader wink.gif

playing games from the HD is what I want the most. got spoiled with the old xbox.
load times are painfully slow on the 360, in comparison anyway.

It'll be awesome if we can do it in the not too distant future. perfect timing for the 120 GB drive coming out.
it'll give more incentive for people to work on it.

chigga102

« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2007, 04:06:19 AM »

playing games from the HD is what I want the most. got spoiled with the old xbox.
load times are painfully slow on the 360, in comparison anyway.

It'll be awesome if we can do it in the not too distant future. perfect timing for the 120 GB drive coming out.
it'll give more incentive for people to work on it.

for me its a cheap desktop computer. come on for 400 and good almost highend gpu and good cpu its way ahead of my 499 computer i dont care about xbmc that much cause i couldnt figure out how to stream files to it

Tomobobo

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2007, 03:03:46 PM »

Streaming files to XBMC is easy as pie.  Look up ccXstream.  Super simple, even for a noob.

chigga102

« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2007, 03:17:48 PM »

Streaming files to XBMC is easy as pie.  Look up ccXstream.  Super simple, even for a noob.

oh thanks

*hits self in head and pushes the staples that was easy button

zachos1

« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »

i am trying to put my xbox 360 0078fk driver in mode b. i tried with  both slax 2, and slax 21.
it start to reading the slax but it never comes to the "disk spinning...." instead of that i get the follow:

dma_timer_expiry

dma status==0xff

hda:cache flushes supported

i will appreciate any help...

note: I have nforce chipset and vista windows

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.614 seconds with 15 queries.