xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Let The Hacking Begin  (Read 355 times)

jaimebenlasnow

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 06:53:05 PM »

Hey, vax you seem to know what you are talking about could you please give us your opinions about this hoodie hacker and would be much appreciated!!

vax11780

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 08:07:09 PM »

Hey, vax you seem to know what you are talking about could you please give us your opinions about this hoodie hacker and would be much appreciated!!

Yeah, I can spin a good line of BS when I want to.

I can think of a dozen ways for hoodie to have faked the show and another dozen for real hacks that might give the same result but there isn't enough information to draw a conclusion one way or the other.

Right now I'd display cautious optimism, and continue on with what I'm working on.

VAX

PS I'm having a major craving for tapioca pudding. Am I the only one?

thexboxPIII

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 05:33:29 PM »

I don't know if it will help but what about the update that M$ is rolling out that you would be able to download from the computer and put on a cd or dvd on the website Xbox update it says its a default.xex file, im srry if i sound like an idiot just my 2 cents.

jaimebenlasnow

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »

Would like some information about how to reproduce this hack or get a bit of something cause we got some real hint with that video so we know that the PCB used is a DLP-TXRX-G USB-to-serial adapter where could it be connected? How could shader crash the kernel or give information?

Some of my hopethesis is that he is connected trough FPGA and that he got booting information or got decrypted information via debug mode also some people are talking about tftp. some dcoument on free60 look promising ...they are talking about hypervisor, change between beta hardware and final hardware, syscall...Everything.The page is there also they are talking about serial port (This is what we are in the little pcb that hangs there is also a serial adapter)

Give us your view about that but not only <i think he crashed the kernel and then he boot of king kong and the we can play downloaded game Yeah>

Thank you!

HoRnEyDvL

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 04:38:27 PM »

Nice Info Jaime. Hopefully all this can help us.

skorchir

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 05:21:14 AM »

Not sure if anyone seen this but there is a interesting post over at XBH about downgrading the Kernel

http://www.xboxhacke...hp?topic=6529.0

infamous_Q

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 06:49:32 PM »

hey i'm sure this idea's been beaten to death...but XNA still seems like an idea worth looking into if u ask me, i mean there's gotta be a weakness somewhere. as of now it's not freely available to every 360 user, but i think eventually it will be. as for now tho it may be possible to find a way into the system through xna. *note, i dont know too much about what exactly all the commands in the XNA language can do, but i do know that at this points its quite the sandbox MS has given us.
why?
first off xna allows us to use the ported version of directX, and all the wonderful graphical functions, so if we can use shaders (since we know this may already be a weakness) couldn't we maybe use XNA programming in order to create our own shaders or graphical functions which could exploit the system, lock it up and leave it vulnerable, or maybe even allow us to encorporate a buffer overflow ourselves (although thats a lot less likely since they probably already thought of that).
second, even though xna is a sandbox, could there be a way out? i mean i know they've only given us a special set of commands, but its a programming language right? so maybe there's a way to break it down into more simple commands which we can use to our own goals, and then compile into proper XNA code to be redistributed w/e they allow us.

these are just ideas..so feel free to talk about them, or not talk about them lol.

on the topic of the new kernel development, the system reads the header files right? so could we use what it reads there to create an overflow? that's assuming that we can not only delete values but create new ones too.

again..just ideas, im sure people are already talking about the later ne ways.

Helliano

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2007, 01:57:07 PM »

hey i'm sure this idea's been beaten to death...but XNA still seems like an idea worth looking into if u ask me, i mean there's gotta be a weakness somewhere. as of now it's not freely available to every 360 user, but i think eventually it will be. as for now tho it may be possible to find a way into the system through xna. *note, i dont know too much about what exactly all the commands in the XNA language can do, but i do know that at this points its quite the sandbox MS has given us.
why?
first off xna allows us to use the ported version of directX, and all the wonderful graphical functions, so if we can use shaders (since we know this may already be a weakness) couldn't we maybe use XNA programming in order to create our own shaders or graphical functions which could exploit the system, lock it up and leave it vulnerable, or maybe even allow us to encorporate a buffer overflow ourselves (although thats a lot less likely since they probably already thought of that).
second, even though xna is a sandbox, could there be a way out? i mean i know they've only given us a special set of commands, but its a programming language right? so maybe there's a way to break it down into more simple commands which we can use to our own goals, and then compile into proper XNA code to be redistributed w/e they allow us.

these are just ideas..so feel free to talk about them, or not talk about them lol.

on the topic of the new kernel development, the system reads the header files right? so could we use what it reads there to create an overflow? that's assuming that we can not only delete values but create new ones too.

again..just ideas, im sure people are already talking about the later ne ways.

The hard thing with creating overflows is that the advisor is monitoring all that and if someone/something is creating buffer overflow the box will go. Daaaaaaa. Off.

�p�d�r

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2007, 06:53:29 PM »

well, i tried with splinter cell 2,replaced offline.xbe and online.xbe with a renamed xboxdash.xbe,made an iso with qwix,extracted ss.bin with ss patcher minidvd info pro,assembled all (blank.iso+ss.bin+gsme.iso) burned with clonecd,all fine.

inserted disc in the 360,all goes ok,it boots up to the screen you can choose individual or multiplayer,after choosing any of the options starts loading and then an error message from a blade in the 360..

the interesting part about all of this is:theres no need of a raw iso to be able to boot xbox1 games in the 360,you just need the ss.

This is interesting. Can anyone confirm this?

HoRnEyDvL

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 03:29:22 PM »

The xbe wont boot if its not supooerted by the emulator or is black listed the only that we might be able to do is once the hypervisor is cracked & the system is fully hacked we can see what go in each config file for the backwards compatibility files & try make our own to support homebrew.
Why do u think some games arnt supported yet?

Edited by HoRnEyDvL, 18 January 2007 - 12:30 AM.

mr_spoon

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2007, 05:31:42 AM »

Why are the games blacklisted in the first place if you can't cause a buffer overflow? ..just seems odd to me!, but then maybe it's only me that thinks it's a bit odd huh.gif

spoon rolleyes.gif

mr_spoon

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2007, 09:31:11 AM »

It's a precaution mesure just in case it work but don't even think about it it's not even on the architecture...Powerpc

maybe there's more to it than meets the eye eh!

spoon rolleyes.gif

vax11780

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2007, 05:35:26 PM »

Why are the games blacklisted in the first place if you can't cause a buffer overflow?

What games are blacklisted, as opposed to not being supported?

VAX

Edited by vax11780, 20 January 2007 - 02:36 AM.

Millenia1x

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2007, 10:15:09 AM »

i'm pretty sure mechassault is blacklisted

it was pretty much the main exploited game to date

jaimebenlasnow

Let The Hacking Begin
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 03:26:32 PM »

Think splinter doesn't work and the 007 thing don't work too but they are not blacklisted they are just not supported

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 15 queries.