xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Announce: Flickerfilter Xbe Patching Utility  (Read 485 times)

VooD

Announce: Flickerfilter Xbe Patching Utility
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2006, 10:25:17 AM »

Would this tool affect on a firmware modded x360 + xbox1 games with patched xbe?

would be interesting to figure that out.

Nope, since x360 needs signed xbe�s and once you patch the file it lost its signature. Anyway I don�t know if the x360 uses a flicker filter for 15khz interlaced modes, but if it does, probably the emulator bypass the flicker filter set in the xbox1 game and sets its own level.

samsbak

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »

Hargle...cold you patch Ultimate Pinball Xbox to use buttons A and B for the flippers instead of L-trigger and R-trigger?  OBSCURE ! but my arcade cabinet doesnt have triggers wired to any buttons...

Thanx so much for flicker fucker!!!

best app in 2 years! pop.gif

VooD

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2006, 03:10:35 AM »

lol, poor hargle. It seems people begins to think you are a public service lol

samsbak

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2006, 10:33:39 PM »

YA!

My button mapping mule!

lol  forget it thanx so much for FF changed everything here! cool.gif

G-King

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2006, 05:13:56 AM »

is there a program for xbox to disable smooth in games ??

dus

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2006, 12:58:25 AM »

is there a program for xbox to disable smooth in games ??

Do you mean the soften filter (in contrast to the flicker filter, which this thread is about)? I can't see any difference on my TV when switching the soften filter on or off.

I could try to fix a patch for nkpatcher10 (softmod kernel patcher) that disables the soften filter within the kernel. Currently there is a patch for nkpatcher10 to force the flicker filter to a specific value: flicker filter patch for nkpatcher10.

But if there is no difference then there is no point doing the work creating the patch...

Heet

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2006, 02:34:55 AM »

Damn this is great for us guys with psone screens on our xboxes!

hargle

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2006, 05:17:39 AM »

I could try to fix a patch for nkpatcher10 (softmod kernel patcher) that disables the soften filter within the kernel. Currently there is a patch for nkpatcher10 to force the flicker filter to a specific value: flicker filter patch for nkpatcher10.

Whoa!  I had no idea this stuff made it's way into nkpatcher!  Nice work!   (and you did it a month ago-I've been under a rock since then I guess)

That's exactly where I was hoping this type of thing would end up-a kernel patch is a much cleaner solution to the problem.  I'm just too green to be able to do kernel patching at the moment.

Kudos to you.  

Vejita

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2006, 03:04:22 PM »

Would disabling the flicker filter in Gentoox Loader also make linux display without the filter?

I want to run XMugen without the flicker filter.

hargle

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2006, 06:39:29 AM »

Would disabling the flicker filter in Gentoox Loader also make linux display without the filter?

I want to run XMugen without the flicker filter.

Never tried that before, but it's worth a shot!
The app doesn't HAVE to have an .xbe file either, so whatever binary file you send into it, if it's got flickerFilter calls in it, it can be patched.  So you could try shoving the xmugen binary into it too.

Of course, always make backups-provided you've got a method of replacing the file in case it fails, there's no reason not to try.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 14 queries.