xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Announce: Flickerfilter Xbe Patching Utility  (Read 496 times)

Navillos

Announce: Flickerfilter Xbe Patching Utility
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

can i even use hdtv modes on my tv? its not hd but it has the plugs.

Hoescout

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2006, 09:28:39 AM »

Nice, probably that�s also valid for Ninja Gaiden updates, and other games.

Yep you only need to find the directories where the updated default.xbes are stored (  E/TDATA/...  )

I also tried to make an example with HALO 2:

IPB Image  IPB Image

Click on the pic again to get fullsize! Best you open the pics in 2 different windows or tabs at fullsize and scroll on about same ingame position, then switch between windows/tabs to notice the huge difference.

Navillos

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2006, 09:38:38 AM »

what FF value did you use or is it off completely. cause thats a huge difference

Edited by Navillos, 25 August 2006 - 05:40 PM.

Hoescout

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 09:46:15 AM »

Ofcourse off, btw if your tv supports progressive scan then you should try 480p mode which is full pictures (non-interlaced) and there should be no filtering enabled i think, not sure though.

Or lets say it in other way, if you don't see #480p, 720p and 1080i modes# in your xbox dash, then this patch gonna improve picture quality for you.

Navillos

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 09:50:54 AM »

fu$#ing sweet thanks for the lamens terms man. im a dumbass but man can i solder
the truth is i really dont know of it will support 480p, 720p, etc.

Edited by Navillos, 25 August 2006 - 05:53 PM.

samsbak

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 10:26:45 AM »

Its just unbelieveable how big the improovement is for users who have RGB output ON

Outrun II USA and Outrun 2006 JAP and NBA JAM 2004 USA sttopped working after patching...I was the one who changed them in wiki

My camera has broken LCD screen...unusable.   I would like to show off the improvements  pop.gif Since I have the Neowave Marquee in right now thats the game I have been drooling over the flicker improvements!

VooD

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2006, 11:53:57 AM »

Mmmmm, Should xbox-scene be warned about 007 version?

Meh.  It was a pretty minor/rare bug that I fixed, and I think that anyone who is interested in this has certainly popped in to see what all the hububub is about by now.

I suspect a few more changes over the next few days too; I've got some crashing xbe's being sent to me for me to look over and see what happened, z26x I just happened to have handy...

'Navillos'

NULL
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »

'
               this would be awsome on dvd2xbox as an option and you would still have your default_orig.xbe if you didnt like the aftermath of patching the FF in the xbe.

'

'hargle'

NULL
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 02:28:01 PM »

'
               New release: build 007

There was an obscure bug that showed up in z26x doing a patch type 4 that is now fixed.
I've only tested the new one on z26x, but it may fix some of the other crashers.

The compatibility list wiki is getting hammered, but at least you can still get the binary.

http://xbox.nugnugnu.../FlickerFucker/

'

'VooD'

NULL
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2006, 03:21:58 PM »

'

My name is Fucker...FlickerFucker...lol

Edited by VooD, 25 August 2006 - 11:22 PM.

'

'nes6502'

NULL
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2006, 05:41:40 PM »

'
               I just changed Beyond Good and Evil NTSC to working. The flicker disables fine for me. It's not very apparent on the title screen, but once in game, it's very easy to see it's off. There is noticable flicker for the "A" and "B" button graphics when driving the hoverboat for example. It can also be easilly seen on the "A" button graphic on the load game screen.

'

'hargle'

NULL
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 06:42:51 PM »

'

QUOTE(VooD @ Aug 25 2006, 11:28 PM) View Post

Meh.  It was a pretty minor/rare bug that I fixed, and I think that anyone who is interested in this has certainly popped in to see what all the hububub is about by now.

I suspect a few more changes over the next few days too; I've got some crashing xbe's being sent to me for me to look over and see what happened, z26x I just happened to have handy...

'

incognegro

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 07:56:34 PM »

Hey hargle....I made a request to xbmc about the thing I suggested earlier well there seems to be some interest (well theyre asking questions anyway). I was wondering if u could go over there to help sort things out? heres a link:XBMC Forum

VooD

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2006, 02:50:20 AM »

I just changed Beyond Good and Evil NTSC to working. The flicker disables fine for me. It's not very apparent on the title screen, but once in game, it's very easy to see it's off. There is noticable flicker for the "A" and "B" button graphics when driving the hoverboat for example. It can also be easilly seen on the "A" button graphic on the load game screen.

Probably the version we tested was compressed or something by the releasers.

hargle

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2006, 04:34:47 AM »

Hey hargle....I made a request to xbmc about the thing I suggested earlier well there seems to be some interest (well theyre asking questions anyway). I was wondering if u could go over there to help sort things out? heres a link:XBMC Forum

I've been contacted by someone working on xbmc, and I'll just say that things are looking very good that this feature will be implemented directly.

I had no idea that this lil app would cause such a stir.  I'm flattered beyond words.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 15 queries.