xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3d Objects  (Read 231 times)

rabside

• Archived User
3d Objects
« on: March 11, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

timbo_1000

• Archived User
3d Objects
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

Yes , you can model new items in something like 3D Studio , export them as ASE format , use XM-Convertor to convert them from ASE to XM format , insert the XMs into the XIPs and then edit the script to display them properly.
Oh yeah unless you are good with VRML scripting forget it coz thats the tricky bit

soundentertainm

• Archived User
3d Objects
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »

huh.gif

soundentertainm

• Archived User
3d Objects
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

Okay I'm looking VRML and I'm thinking that the xbox dash was built useing it. Some of the commands I found are present in the xbox code. Dose some one know if I can use all nodes in XBox code (like the fog node) or do I just have to try and see what happens. I mean I don't care to much if I f**k it up.

gnutellafan

• Archived User
3d Objects
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

It would be very cool to have 3d models of the other systems to display in the orb under the emulators tab. Just like the 3d rendering of the xbox.

Anyway, talk to JbOnE, new 3d objects would be VERY cool and Im sure your skills could be helpfull...

Krater

• Archived User
3d Objects
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »

Hi soundentertainm
Learning some VRML will help you a lot in understanding how it works. I't based in VRML, but you can't use all the nodes (I don't think you can use the fog node), and mixed with the scripting.
Read this thread:
http://forums.xbox-s...opic=151036&hl=
Regards,

Krater

soundentertainm

• Archived User
3d Objects
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 05:22:00 AM »

Okay so I think I understand now. So it is based on VRML, So it must be a directx c++ programming since it is MS.