xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Microsoft Trying to Boost Indy XBLA Development  (Read 174 times)

h�br�dXΣr0

Microsoft Trying to Boost Indy XBLA Development
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 12:45:33 PM »

Yeah, this kind of has nothing to do with XBLA. What's dumb is they want you to register a copy of VS.net Express.. what if some of us own the real thing?

yaazz

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 01:30:33 PM »

I can see it all now....

Guy: Honey, we're gonna play burnout paradise online so we can get their pics on the xbox.
Girl: Why?
Guy Um, because then we'll have their mugshots.
Girl: So?
Guy: Well, then we'll be some of the coolest people on Xbox Live.
Girl: Where's my card and my romantic dinner?
Guy Huh? We're playing this for our date.
Girl: You're only doing this so you can try to get a glimpse of HER breasts aren't you? All you ever do is play Xbox, I don't even like xbox. You don't love me! *Storms out*
Guy:Thank you  EA.

Or

Guy: Honey, we're gonna play burnout paradise online so we can get their pics on the xbox.
Girl: What do i have to do?
Guy Race around and crash into people and get their mugshots.
Girl: Ok, What are the buttons?......

I can see a lot of arguments arising from this.

With my gf the first one is what would happen.  So i'm not even gona try.  I'm going for the romantic dinner, with the "happy ending".

And who are Heidi, Spencer and Craig?

Edited by HughDaHand, 12 February 2008 - 08:30 AM.

santium

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 02:12:53 PM »

lol A-Shock has planned on making a live arcade game for some time now.
Maybe this will get them off their asses and stop playing with the vapor. tongue.gif

yaazz, I've had a pretty simple idea for a game. Too bad all I can do is a little scripting and the art. dry.gif

I'd like to see some of the stuff people make and submit. Should be decent stuff.

I can do the programming. Let me know what you had in mind and we'll talk. I'm not the type that can make up games.. I can code them however. lol.

miggidy

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 02:42:57 PM »

Perfect timing!
Just when I was seriously looking into game developement!

SuperStickFighterIV, here I come! tongue.gif

EugeneEW3RD

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 03:58:31 PM »

Well, this could defintely open up the XBOX 360 indie development for XBLA. For example, people could port open source games to Windows & submit them to MS to try to get them on XBOX 360.

I really believe that MS should also allow indie development on the 360 because the indie game developers are where it is at because they don't have the money that big game companies have so indies have to make a game which is fun to play.

pdottz

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 06:38:40 PM »

Super Mario Wars XBLA would be awesome.

to bad there's to many "issues" to deal with on that one.

an smb wars clone with original characters maybe?

MaTiAz

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 05:07:22 AM »

Well, this could defintely open up the XBOX 360 indie development for XBLA. For example, people could port open source games to Windows & submit them to MS to try to get them on XBOX 360.

I really believe that MS should also allow indie development on the 360 because the indie game developers are where it is at because they don't have the money that big game companies have so indies have to make a game which is fun to play.

Yeah, just like Sony does with PS3 & Linux.

Maybe if MS would make a own private key for indie devs, and make the XEXs different from retail game XEXs so a "backup" can't be patched and resigned with the indie key.

Perkele

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 06:16:58 AM »

... you'll automatically have the option to enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win one of the following:
(1) A vintage "Pac-Man" arcade game machine in an upright cabinet. (Estimated Retail Value: $4,000)

It's a brand new Ms Pac-Man/Galaga Arcade Machine (List Price:  $3,099.99)

Gr8BashingU

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 03:59:15 PM »

I have a couple of game ideas. If anyone wants to build a team with me, I think we could do some great things.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 17 queries.