xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Gamercard Themes  (Read 435 times)

deakphreak

Gamercard Themes
« on: March 08, 2006, 07:48:07 AM »

This will be my official thread and i will let the other one die out so its named properly.  This is where you can submit your gamercard themes to so i can add them to my service.  Anyone can submit them in either .jpg .gif or .png format and i will get them added ASAP.

How to make them:
They cannot be larger then 450 x 140
They cannot be animated.
You must provide a background image as well as an "example" image of how it should look with the stats on it.

You may post in here requesting for a certain theme to be made and anyone is welcome to make it.  

GamerCards

Edited by deakphreak, 16 March 2007 - 05:00 PM.

metaldevil

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 08:27:09 AM »

450 x 140 is max on this board.

lostboyz

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 11:01:28 AM »

how much of a theme do we have to get, what im really unsure of is how to mark the placement for rep, recently played games and gamer logo

deakphreak

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 11:32:49 AM »

You just make it however you want.  Wait until metaldevil posts another one, he does it perfect. smile.gif  I was going to link you to the old thread but it looks like he deleted the images or it automatically deleted them.  A nice halo theme would be cool.

Edited by deakphreak, 08 March 2006 - 08:33 PM.

metaldevil

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 12:54:43 PM »

Yeah, I took them down 'cause I didn't figure anybody would be going back there.

Well, here are the ones I've made:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

lostboyz, you can do pretty much anything you want as long as it's not animated and not larger than xs sigs.

deakphreak

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 01:17:45 PM »

Yea those are all "example pics" and for a background template that i can use would be like this.

IPB Image
IPB Image

You can also have a base background image and then a transparent png "overlay" image like this.
IPB Image

There are a lot of different things you can do and if i can get more people involved then i will probly take away the allowed users list and let everyone use it without me adding them.

lostboyz

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »

sool man ill get started on some, i thought there was actually some trick to placing them, or size restrictions on image boxes and whatnot

metaldevil

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 02:42:21 PM »

I made a blank gamercard (PSD) after I made my first card. It's 450 x 140. It has Phreak's gamer icon, recently played games (from whenever I first nabbed it), generic stars I made, his old gamerscore and zone for example purposes. It also contains the borders (linked to their complementary items) for the icon and the recently played games. You could make it smaller and leave out what you don't want. I can email this to you if you want, lb or Phreak. It'll save you some time/hassle. PM me with your email and it's yours. Actually, if anyone's willing to make some gamercards, I can email it to you, too.

According to pitbullz, it's also possible to send PSDs over IRC. That's another option for us.

deakphreak

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 09:45:02 PM »

If you wanna send me the PSD file i can upload it to my server and link to it for people to download and use as a template.  But remember you can make the avatar and game icons as big or small as you want. Maybe i should add a link to this topic in the xbox360 thread.

lostboyz

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 10:33:29 PM »

Id definately be interested in the .psd i can host it as well, just cleared my university space and ive got 60 mb free

metaldevil

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 04:31:15 AM »

Ok, I sent it to Phreak. Thanks for offering to host it. That's a good idea to put up a link in the 360 general chat. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in it.

The size is 450 x 140, but you can crop it to your liking.

I changed Phreak's zone to recreation because of the length of the word. Pro is too short, and other zones might overlap other items in the card if not taken into consideration.

I added a large gamerscore "G" in case anyone wants to use larger text. The small one that I've been using is still included.

I put the things that are basic (zone, rep, etc.) in one layer set/group, and I put the example stuff (Deak Phreak, 3435, etc.) in a separate layer set/group. That way, all you have to do is click the visibility "eye" to enable/disable the example stuff. Even though the icon and the icon border are in two separate groups, I linked them so if you move one, the other one moves with it. The same thing goes for the recently-played games. I use CS2, by the way, and the linking is different from previous PS versions. Just a heads-up in case problems arise from that.

The font I used is Arial, but you can change that to whatever font or size you want.

lost, when Deak gets it up (that sounds so dirty IPB Image), you can download it from his site.

All I ask is that you guys give me credit for it. smile.gif beerchug.gif

deakphreak

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 06:22:05 AM »

OK ive decided im just gonna let anyone use them.  Im gonna up the cache time to 30 min and if it starts to eat up bandwidth then i will have to lower it.  My host is great though and i dont think it will be an issue.  I will however be marking up a few of the gamertags with my URL for my site just to give me credit for my hard work on the script and help advertise the gamercards.  A few of them i wont, just depends on how it looks.

The PSD file will be available as soon as i get home and will add it to my www.icp4ever.com/Xbox page for downloading.  And the gamercard generator will be change to just display my name as examples of the themes so people arent generating an image for every theme.

Remember the cache time is going to be 30 min and so if you choose random, it wont show another gamercard until after 20 min!!  Thanks again for everyones help and if you come accross a thread where people are asking about gamercards, feel free to send them to this thread or to my site so they can use my themes.

--------

As a special, thank you to the people already on the list to be able to use the gamercards, im going to add some coding so if your on the list, it will have a shorter cache time and your image will get updated more often.  This will only be available to people who i know and consider friends.  Or if you help out a bunch with themes, you will be added to that list. wink.gif

Edited by deakphreak, 11 March 2006 - 03:25 PM.

metaldevil

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 12:29:19 PM »

Base image:

IPB Image

Example gamercard:

IPB Image

The color I used for the text is 00ffff.

This one needs to be kept as a PNG. wink.gif

deakphreak

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 03:54:27 PM »

GRAW has been added wink.gif  There may be some downtime for the gamercards in a while so i can change it around.  How its set right now, it loads up a theme file that contains every theme and if i keep adding a ton of themes, its going to be loading up a huge file everytime it calls for a theme.

Im going to change it so it only calls a file with that theme it needs to keep it as small as possible and not cause any issues.  During that time there may be some downtime with the cards but in the end it will be much better wink.gif

Get a PSD template made by metaldevil HERE

Edited by deakphreak, 14 March 2006 - 01:07 AM.

deakphreak

Gamercard Themes
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 05:32:37 PM »

Ive changed the spidey theme to a transparent overlay for the avatar wink.gif

IPB Image

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 18 queries.