xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Plz Help With New Hdd  (Read 517 times)

trob

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« on: June 24, 2003, 07:57:00 PM »

The jumper should be on cable select.  If that does not work change it to master and give it a try.  Also you will have issues if you leave your xbox unplugged too long.  The system clock looses the time and you have to reset it.  Replace the original drive and reswap them as quick as possible.  I would start by using a evox_newhd cdrw to format them.  

Post your results.

bebeshotz

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 08:31:00 PM »

Swap them when what do u meen?  i cant get it to boot anything with the new one plugged in ...does anyone have a 120gb 5400 samsung that can help me by telling me what they did?
ty in  advance

trob

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 08:35:00 PM »

Yeah, that is a good drive.  Can you put your original drive back in and boot it?  Set the time and reinstall new drive quickly, less than 5 mins.

bebeshotz

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 08:42:00 PM »

i get error 7 nothing helped if i understand u right

trob

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 08:49:00 PM »

you have the original hd in right?  Is it modded?

bebeshotz

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 08:57:00 PM »

yep it is lol.......

trob

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 09:03:00 PM »

try installing it and disabling your chip and make sure your clock is set.

bebeshotz

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2003, 01:18:00 PM »

why would i need to have the clock set? hmm well anyways i am now formating it on my computer and then im gonna c how it goes.  When i put it in my computer it did not have anyfile format or even a letter drive so i think that that was some sort of factory format like almost it was locked .... i used fdisk and now am using scan disk soooo il report back ...

expunge

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »

Well..seeing as I've been on the forum for maybe 2 days now..

You need the time correct because you just do..

As far as formatting the drive on your computer, that's not going to do much. Evo-X needs to set it up the way it needs to be setup.

Pop your original HD in, Disable your chip, Set the time, replace your original HD with your new HD, enable the mod chip, boot up with an EvoX bootable disc and run the NewHD wizard. Problem solved.

-expunge

bebeshotz

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2003, 04:15:00 PM »

I have made it in windows now and it shows full contents so now im gonna try the clock thing here goes something ill report back

bebeshotz

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2003, 04:37:00 PM »

nothing i set the time and tried the new hdd and then i still get error 7.  I am pretty sure my jumpers are correct .....im frusterated.  Do u think i should try another hard drive of anykind just to c if it works? i will try that now any help untill then is kool thnx and brb
Brandon

randomdef

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

your IDE cable is prolly connected the wrong way, the side with the light red stripe? that should be closest to the powerplug.

laxb0y1o

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2003, 04:45:00 PM »

Keep trying the CD. It took me like 30 min before it finally booted into Evox...R u sure the Cd you r using works? Well you could try to copy all the files from the old HD onto the New 1 since you formatted it in Windows...Just put in the old drive and put in the Evox CD and make sure it booted with the Evox cd...Then on your comp copy all the files to the new HD...After that is done pop in the Hd make sure it boots...If the F:reads something like 111.248756238475 then it worked if it doesn't then turn ur box off and pop in Evox CD and see if the CD boots...if it does just run the Raw commands, if it doesn't KEEP TRYING LIKE I SAID IT TOOK ME 30 MIN....MAKE SURE CS is the jumper setting

laxb0y1o

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2003, 04:46:00 PM »

NO he can't have it upside down or backwards the IDE Cable has a key and only goes 1 way

bebeshotz

• Archived User
Plz Help With New Hdd
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2003, 05:06:00 PM »

btw that error is a hdd timeout error.  Not sure what that meens  ..
Pages: [1] 2 3