xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: 360 Sploit  (Read 50 times)

Sitedude

360 Sploit
« on: December 12, 2005, 10:49:06 AM »

Has anyone tried to::

put a specially crafted .jpg/mp3/tif/wmv onto a jump drive and buffer overflow the 360, if it overflows, would it not be possible to run unsigned code?

Sitedude

360 Sploit
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 10:57:02 AM »

Hey guys,

I still have not gotten my hands onto a 360 yet, but much hope of exploiting it will come when I get one.
If anyone would like to donate a 360 for the research project my team would love to take part in finding a software exploit to run unsigned code. I am highly credible especially in finding flaws in MS. Need some background info on what i've found, type "Sitedude" into google. As you can tell I was the one who first discovered the Net Messanger Buffer Overrun in XP/2k/ etc. If you wish to contribute to us, please e-mail me at sitedude2k4@yahoo.com.

DarkSky Forever

360 Sploit
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 12:40:01 PM »

The only problem is, MS designed the xbox360 not to execute code on the stack... pretty much negating buffer overflow attacks. If you were able to inject your own code in there and have the 360 execute it, there are other checks to see if the xbx is valid.

But don't let that stop you.

jameswalter

360 Sploit
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 12:43:10 PM »

This has been proposed many times (after it was used on the PSP).  There are many reasons but mainly that the CPU architecture was designed so that buffer overflow attacks are impossible.

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 15 queries.