xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Using 360 Demo Disc To Boot Game Backups  (Read 152 times)

JoshuaLogan

Using 360 Demo Disc To Boot Game Backups
« on: December 11, 2005, 06:38:02 PM »

Hey, I read over this site pretty often, but I never post. Anyways, I saw this on another site, and it seems possible, but it might just be bullshit... seems there could be problems with how it links to the game files, but who knows... I'm just going to copy and paste the posts this guy made. I don't have the means to try it out myself, but maybe some of you will.

<i>stevednp3
10. December 2005 @ 17:56  
Hi Guys

I've managed to get a game working this way.

Bought the Offical XBOX mag today with the 360 demo disk, put the demo disk into my xbox1. I FTP to my xbox and copied the contents of the disk to my PC. I then downloaded the Condemned iso dump as a torrent. Extracted this file, deleted the contents of the king kong folder and put the codemned files in there instead. I then burnt the whole contents to a UDF dvd format using Nero 7. Popped the disk into my 360 it booted up, I then clicked on the king kong games and up came the full version of Condemned.

I'm goner download some more and try with others.

11. December 2005 @ 16:35  
A bit more info for you

The demo disk is multi format it can be booted on both 360 and xbox 1. In fact its like if they have used an old xbox demo disk as a template, it has demos of Serious Sam 2 and Total Overdose for the xbox 1, which I would have thought have been put on a magazine ages ago, so I doubt they meant for it to be multi format and theres no meantion of it in the mag at all.

This is how it can be ftp'ed, and the 360 has no problems booting once burnt to disk (Dual Layer)

The files have both .xbe defaults for 360 and xbox 1, I sure someone can make a tool to change the menu's ini files and then we can make our own custom menus.

Give it a go if you can find the mag, it has PGR3 on the front.</i>

mr_kill_666

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 06:45:43 PM »

seems fake, because from what he is implying that a virgin x360 can take a copied x360 disk!

but anyways, what site did you get this info.

JoshuaLogan

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 06:53:30 PM »

afterdawn.com forums. yeah, like I said, it could be just bullshit, but it seemed interesting.

tonloc79

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 07:06:55 PM »

Probably just another attempt at attention.

Arakon

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 07:36:41 PM »

fake, of course. burning the disk already invalidates the signature. bad signature, no boot.

Anubis-MG

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 07:56:03 PM »

Someone needs to check up on this cuase he is saying there is a signature from the xbox/xbox360 demo disc.
He claims he is just deleteing the kong demo out of the demo folder and adding the full game but keeps the .xbe/xex key files. from the king demo which holds the signature key.
I think it could boot something if this is indeed the key we are looking for.

xbox7387

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 08:02:10 PM »

i hope some scene members that have the resources can try this. yeah he could be some idiot but if he is right and we dont try it we'd be the idiots i guess lol im gunna try as soon as i can get a new dvd burner and the demo disk but i go out of town in a couple days

Jay-Rod

lordvader129

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 08:22:33 PM »

even if the demo menu xex doesnt have a media check the game hes trying to boot with it will, if this works, any backup will work, no matter how you load it (in other words backups would just work, no mod at all)

its bullshit, anyone that thinks it could work doesnt undertsand how the signature/media check works

defnator

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 05:33:05 AM »

hi

but i doesnt have a 360 demo disc!

when comes here then i will test it!

Edited by defnator, 12 December 2005 - 02:34 PM.

Neptune

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 06:08:02 AM »

from what it sounds like...anyone remember the riddick movie? it had a demo of the game on it that people tried replacing, never got it working of course because of the signature BUT remember psp 1.0 ...sony didnt put RequireSignatureFlagToBootFromMemstick to 1 wink.gif allowed everything to boot from memstick, signed or not

Anubis-MG

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 07:57:26 AM »

Well said neptune instead of making people feel like shit like lordvader129 you actually have a brain and

reply with more idea's instead of putting others idea's down.

I hate little pricks like that,that all they do is bitch and moan how theres no hacks and mods and diss

peoples idea's when we are the ones doing all the damn work testing these things while they sit on there

ass's and watch.

If you dont have anything possitive to say dont say anything at all unless you have tried testing some of this

stuff.

I am really getting sick of peoples "I dont think that will work" then rather actually trying it out and reporting

back.

Nuff Said........

purbeast

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 08:01:08 AM »

Well said neptune instead of making people feel like shit like lordvader129 you actually have a brain and

reply with more idea's instead of putting others idea's down.

I hate little pricks like that,that all they do is bitch and moan how theres no hacks and mods and diss

peoples idea's when we are the ones doing all the damn work testing these things while they sit on there

ass's and watch.

If you dont have anything possitive to say dont say anything at all unless you have tried testing some of this

stuff.

I am really getting sick of peoples "I dont think that will work" then rather actually trying it out and reporting

back.

Nuff Said........

Yah I agree.  Everyone is just shooting down the idea.  

I may go pick up the OXM after work and see whats up with this tonight.  The only reason I am having doubts is because if this was real, I think we would see the image of the OXM Demo disc out there already, just as we already see a few xbox360 games out there.

crystalgeek

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 08:34:12 AM »

as has been said, the idea sounds good but could be b/s we dont know unless we try it, wheres the harm. a dual layer dvd, is tht all

deadparrot

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 08:39:55 AM »

Yah I agree.  Everyone is just shooting down the idea.  

Because common sense says it won't work.  Attempting to run from media not flagged for = no boot.  Altering media flag = invalid checksum/signature.

deltop

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 08:40:10 AM »

Ok afaik standard 360 discs have a slightly different format to xbox1 discs right? Hence why you can't see the 360 files on a normal xbox1. But according to this post the demo disc files (including the 360 demos) were viewable and copyable from an xbox1. If this is true (can anyone confirm?) doesn't that mean that assuming we do get a mod chip at some point 360 games should work fine from a disc formatted using the old file system from the xbox1 discs? ie. just create an iso using any xbox1 iso creation software? Just like xbox1 games run from UDF discs.

Or will it depend on the game, ie does it sound likely that there is some sort of protection that will prevent games (other than demos) being run from a non spec filesystem such as the old xbox1 file system?

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 15 queries.