xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Team Enigma Working On A Dash?  (Read 60 times)

Idna0829

Team Enigma Working On A Dash?
« on: December 10, 2005, 07:56:51 PM »

I'm new to this forum and not very good with the technical aspects, but I saw something on the net that piqued my interest.

I was having trouble accessing a channels list on my IRC server, so I went to www.searchirc.com and did a search for 360.  Among the results was the channel Team-enigma on Efnet and the topic set was "so when are we starting on the 360 dashboard??? tongue.gif". Does this make anyone else wonder if they're on to something already?  If anyone has contact with the real Team-enigma guys they may want to ask them.  I know my first mod chip for the xbox was an enigma chip so I'm not sure if these are the same guys or not or if it was something that I just misinterpreted.  Made me kind of excited/hopeful to have some cool apps running on my 360 soon!

I hope I haven't posted this in the wrong thread, and If I did, I apologize.  I looked around for about 30 mins or so to see if anyone else had posted this or not and didn't come up with anything.

MrPhunkee

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 04:46:37 AM »

Creating a dash, without have the possibility to run unsigned code. Yep, in 1 week it's ready

Idna0829

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 06:11:18 AM »

I dunno, I kinda figured it was possible that they knew something we didn't.  We still don't have concrete information on how Team-PI did the dumps, do we?

modthebox.tk

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 07:15:52 AM »

I think you have to think about the fact that they are experts in this field; you also have to know that they can figure out a lot about the actual hardware.

I don't know anythign regarding the 360 hardware, but these guys definitely know a bit and I would expect them to find some loopholes cause this is what they do and they get paid for it.

lordvader129

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 10:09:56 AM »

if anyone is working on a dashbaord its simply getting a head start so we have one immediately upon the release of a modchip

teams do have xenon XDKs and SDKs, they do have the binary of the 360 retail dash, im sure teams have some source code too, no reason they cant make a dashboard, but there is currently no mod to run a custom dash

crosseye

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 11:18:36 AM »

I thought MS was being a little tighter with their XDKs and SDKs this time around. Wouldn't that be kind of a slap in the face if teams already had them? I hope they do, but my question is how the heck do they get ahold of them so quick? I remember smartxx had the betas, but they had to return them to MS as far as I know.

Idna0829

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 02:08:45 PM »

Cool, these answers sound pretty logical.  It's good to think that someone is working on it so that we've got a dash available for when a mod comes around!  I agree with alot of people that it probably won't be until late next year, but there's that little part inside of me that's clinging to the little shred of hope that someone is gonna crack it and we'll have kickass machine to toy around with!

Edited by Idna0829, 11 December 2005 - 11:11 PM.

1nick9

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 07:18:09 PM »

I thought MS was being a little tighter with their XDKs and SDKs this time around. Wouldn't that be kind of a slap in the face if teams already had them? I hope they do, but my question is how the heck do they get ahold of them so quick? I remember smartxx had the betas, but they had to return them to MS as far as I know.

lol and wat bout the 14 that got stolen from that warehouse few months back? (that includes the 1s smartxx got, but m$ didnt get em all back from wat i remember) face it. m$ and security r just too different things

Edited by 1nick9, 12 December 2005 - 04:19 AM.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 15 queries.