xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Savegame Exploit  (Read 206 times)

Mad_Gouki

Savegame Exploit
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »

is the emulator completely software? i thought they had to make some hardware for it too, but i could be wrong.

in any case, the emulator does sound like a good place to try to get in.

somebody posted that the xbox360 has ftp access but you need a username and password... does anyone by chance know anyone with a dev kit? that might know what that password is?

DaBiscuit

Savegame Exploit
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 05:07:10 PM »

I do wish people would stop harping on about old gamesave exploits. I will film myself eating my keyboard, and post the damn video clip if this proves to be a possible way to hack an X360. It's not gonna happen. I don't know much about hacking, but I know just enough to know this is pointless.

jonny_eh

Savegame Exploit
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 05:47:55 PM »

I disagree, I think a savegame exploit could allow the use of the 360, in a limited way (which is better than none). It could allow us to run XBMC, in the emulator. It wouldn't be able to access the 360 hardrive nor hardware directly.

The fact that each xbox1 Live game needs to download the same update convinces me that each game has its' own virtual xbox1 disc image.

elephantaman37

Savegame Exploit
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2005, 06:42:23 PM »

J Allard, Xbox Chief Executive, in a recent interview posted at Gamespot, acknowledged the Xbox 360�s vulnerability to hacking.

�We do know that they�re already being very ambitious with it and it�s flattering in a way. [�] There will be the hobbyists that want to rip it apart. There�ll still be the pirates that want to rip it off. We can�t avoid that. The philosophy that we applied on 360 is, �It�s going to happen.�"

they know it; we know it as well, simply keep your ear to the ground.  
Some hard research might reveal more reverse eng. meth's for
360 than one might think ;')

lordvader129

Savegame Exploit
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2005, 06:49:03 PM »

I disagree, I think a savegame exploit could allow the use of the 360, in a limited way (which is better than none). It could allow us to run XBMC, in the emulator. It wouldn't be able to access the 360 hardrive nor hardware directly.

The fact that each xbox1 Live game needs to download the same update convinces me that each game has its' own virtual xbox1 disc image.

as you say, each game would have its own specific emualtor settings and drive images, meaning any xbe other than that game (xbmc) would probably crash the emluator

the 360 has massive protection against buffer overflow attacks (savegame exploits)

the saves cannot be tranferred from xbox1, meaning if we are even to consider this we need to dump the 360 version of the xbox save and try to hack that

this is also hoping the exloitable games are patched on the fly to non-exploitable versions (IE, platinum hits)

it also assumes the memory bytes patched by the buffer overflow are in the same offset in memory

no, i think savegame exploits are pretty much a dry hole on the 360

Darren101

Savegame Exploit
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2005, 02:55:26 AM »

I think that the first exploit will be software based not hardware based.

Anyways, the x360 will probably be hacked in a few months time, just like the DS was, after it was thought to have no security loopholes smile.gif. Even the encryption in the ds cart was hacked tongue.gif.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 16 queries.