xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Defective Xbox 360 ?  (Read 1919 times)

zikronix

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2005, 10:53:55 PM »

i havnt got mine yet but my friend is getting Dirty disc errors and it wants to play most games as a dvd it finally works after a while and its getting worse. His console is laying down if it matters. hes calling M$ tomorrow

Zeyin_Loves_Susan

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2005, 10:54:01 PM »

my system wont accept more than 1 wireless controller... any other controllers just show links blinking ie looking for system....

: \

GoldenGraham

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2005, 10:54:54 PM »

Hey people judgin by all these responses im not the only one in this boat. My xbox360 has a part loose inside, when i tilt it up i can hear someone really small rolling around on the inside. I mean its not affecting my game play but some times it rattles like hell depending on its vacinity to the fans, ill call xbox help tomorrow cuz im not paying 500 bucks for some thing that might have a broken part inside

GoldenGraham

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2005, 10:56:29 PM »

hey guy above me. read the manual. theres a section called connecting controllers or something like that. should help you out

dynamo7

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2005, 10:58:14 PM »

Bought mine today, hooked it up went to play, and it didn't even power on. It just flashes red in three quadrants. And the power "brick" satus light blinks quickly to green the red then back to amber when I try to power it on. I cant even get through to m$ tech support, they kick me off after a min or so beacuse of too high caller volume. Can someone say "Recall"? O and ppl eho think theres something floating around inside my gues is it a tilt sensor. turn on ure box and tilt it between vertical and horizontal. the quadrats react to always have the correct orientation.

Edited by dynamo7, 23 November 2005 - 08:00 AM.

brainscan1975

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2005, 10:59:28 PM »

I cant believe it hasnt even been 24 hours since lauch and this is happening already. Fuckin amazing.

reidtheweed05

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2005, 11:11:43 PM »

QUOTE(GoldenGraham @ Nov 23 2005, 08:01 AM)
Hey people judgin by all these responses im not the only one in this boat. My xbox360 has a part loose inside, when i tilt it up i can hear someone really small rolling around on the inside. I mean its not affecting my game play but some times it rattles like hell depending on its vacinity to the fans, ill call xbox help tomorrow cuz im not paying 500 bucks for some thing that might have a broken part inside

View Post

we'll why dont you just ask him to come out.

blob_54

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2005, 11:11:46 PM »

I'm glad I decided to wait till the 360 is modable, or all the kick off bugs are sorted out.

Juat think people, the original xbox has how many versions of mobo's? 7+ however many the 1.6's had

If your smart, save your money, wait till its all glitch free, or atleast powers on more often, lol

sorry guy's, hope they work out for ya. If all else fails, pull em appart, and mod em, lol

blob

Bizquick

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2005, 11:14:36 PM »

These Problems with the freeze and the lines on the screen. remind me of a couple of Xbox's I had. It's a really strange problem
The MCPX chips on my old Xbox's they seam to not have enough contact on the main board so sometime after a little of game play the MB gets hot and the connection get loose or somthing. Anyway I found that when I mounted thoes MB in a newer case and install some sort of peice of plastic to press thoes chips down everything worked out. but it was too much work to make these cases and make they looks nice. so I junked the parts. But This problem could be a production problem.

See if this is anything like my case on the Xbox 1. then Its just production not calberting the machines to press the chips correctly. does this sound about right? but I could be wrong this all could be a BIOS issue or somthing

jose3030

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2005, 11:15:55 PM »

Yep. Defective here.  Got the 3 out of 4 red flashing rings issue.

I was so pissed, I made a comedy video about it :
http://www.3030media.net/xbox2.wmv

Me playing Xbox360 "Simon" lol..

geebus

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2005, 11:16:38 PM »

My xbox360 acts like a cd skipping sometimes. Video is a bit choppy in Kameo. It's barely noticable. Also happened in demo i downloaded of nba live. Anyone else having this problem?

icantstandtoburntolong

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2005, 11:17:54 PM »

IF YOUR 360 RATTLES READ THIS

There is a small metal ball that rolls back and forth inside the 360 so the system knows whether is is vertical or horizontal. It does this so it can properly orient the controlle quadrants. It is perfectly normal

Sephious

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2005, 11:33:21 PM »

QUOTE(JeffPinkston @ Nov 22 2005, 01:23 PM)
I got to play PDZ for under five minutes before my 360 froze.  When/if I turn it back on with or without game inserted I get red lights in sectors 1,3, and 4.  I called MS and was told this indicated a hardware failure.  After the brilliant tech support told me I should just restart it and call back if it happened again, I was afraid we would get nowhere fast.  I then explained that my 360 would not turn back on and was now only a $400 piece of plastic that blinked red lights at me.  After some more miscommunication, he said he would schedule a repair man to come out and take a look when I called back with my serial number!  Wow, MS does house calls.  Before commiting to that though, I called the store where I purchased it and was told that fortunately, someone cancelled their preorder and they had an extra one they had not put out yet.  So now for round two, hopefully just one in a million.  I did have fun for the five minutes it worked!

View Post

())))))))(((((((((()

I had the exact same behaviour as this one and I also swapped with my retailer.

jose3030

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2005, 11:51:20 PM »

QUOTE(Sephious @ Nov 23 2005, 03:40 AM)
())))))))(((((((((()

I had the exact same behaviour as this one and I also swapped with my retailer.

View Post

Retailer = They had ones to exchange for broke ones?

Mekapo

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2005, 11:51:46 PM »

All my games freeze about 15-20 mins into them.  Sending it back to MS when the return box comes.  So much for my Thanksgiving weekend of gaming.  mad.gif

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Page created in 0.952 seconds with 16 queries.