xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Defective Xbox 360 ?  (Read 1965 times)

gamerguy999

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 02:13:18 PM »

Sounds like there is mass failures going on with these sad.gif

I'm glad I'm not getting a launch Xbox360....

psxpirate1

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 02:19:22 PM »

Maybe it's not all that bad.. Maybe someone will have some luck exploiting it.

trioptimumonline

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 03:15:55 PM »

Ok, so I kind of got it to work. Like someone said, unplug it for 5-10min, it should help. I did it to mine, like I did last night (didn't remember before, it was 2am), and it worked for about a half hour, then froze loading a level and wouldn't restart no matter what I did. I smacked it really hard on both sides like I might an original NES, and hit power again. Worked like a charm. I've been playing PD:Z ever since. Maybe smacking it was just a coincidence, but since I'm just waiting til they get more in at EBGames, smacking it can't hurt tongue.gif.

Maybe, or maybe it's just conspiracy, MS did this on purpose to bring back nostalgia from the day we bought an NES and had to smack it and lick the cartridges... wink.gif.

Anyway hit it, unplug it, whatever you gotta do; mine is working intermittently for now, good enough until more stock comes in. The tech support guy was really nice and apologetic though, and he wasn't in Indonesia; were it not for the stock situation I'd have a new one right away, so I can't really complain _too_ much.

trioptimumonline

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 03:18:15 PM »

QUOTE(gamerguy999 @ Nov 22 2005, 06:20 PM)
Sounds like there is mass failures going on with these sad.gif

I'm glad I'm not getting a launch Xbox360....

View Post

I dunno - we'll see in a few days I guess. The tech support guy said not many defective ones like this were reported so far. As for noy gettign a launch one, I'll just exchange mine under EBGames' warranty in a year, and get the patched up hardware tongue.gif.

jROC99

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 03:37:23 PM »

Don't be suprised if there is some kind of software patch.. bios update or whatever.

Of course this most likely this means that you will probably have to use the xbox live service.

I duno.. the other two consoles i have seem to be working fine.. So my defect rate is 1 out of 3. smile.gif
I've been playing NFS Most Wanted for a while now.

jROC

KingGofG

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 04:05:12 PM »

Great,  now I have 2 more of these POS boxes on their way to me in the mail.
(just checked and my 2 backup pre-orders cleared)

I guess I will sell one on ebay un-opened.  Return the defective one. Play the third one till it breaks or my other one gets returned. Then sell on ebay.

lots of hassels.  From what I was reading I really thought my pre-orders weren't going to ship. (which is why I went to the store this morning)

For all you that waited in line, I guess I got what I deserved.  I went to a sams club in a bad neighborhood and offered the guys at the front of the line $100 for one of their tickets.  Cash is king.  

Will try plugging back in after a few minutes.  

someone suggested it was an overheating problem, but mine was certainly not overheating.  The fans work and it had good venelation.

I will also try a few good whacks.  It stopped working after I turned it off and on again.

Did anyone else notice that when you connect to live you already get a firmware update?  Interesting.

In all honesty I was getting kind of bored with my 2 games.  Amped 3 isn't as good IMO as amped 2.  Call of duty is pretty visually, but the gameplay isn't as good as brtohers in arms on my regular old X-box.

AdmiralSinep25

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2005, 06:24:16 PM »

QUOTE(KingGofG @ Nov 23 2005, 01:12 AM)
Great,  now I have 2 more of these POS boxes on their way to me in the mail.

(just checked and my 2 backup pre-orders cleared)

I guess I will sell one on ebay un-opened.  Return the defective one. Play the third one till it breaks or my other one gets returned. Then sell on ebay.

lots of hassels.  From what I was reading I really thought my pre-orders weren't going to ship. (which is why I went to the store this morning)

For all you that waited in line, I guess I got what I deserved.  I went to a sams club in a bad neighborhood and offered the guys at the front of the line $100 for one of their tickets.  Cash is king.   

Will try plugging back in after a few minutes. 

someone suggested it was an overheating problem, but mine was certainly not overheating.  The fans work and it had good venelation.

I will also try a few good whacks.  It stopped working after I turned it off and on again.

Did anyone else notice that when you connect to live you already get a firmware update?  Interesting.

In all honesty I was getting kind of bored with my 2 games.  Amped 3 isn't as good IMO as amped 2.  Call of duty is pretty visually, but the gameplay isn't as good as brtohers in arms on my regular old X-box.

View Post

I just figured out why there was a shortage of these systems...  

wink.gif

trioptimumonline

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »

It could be overheating - I moved mine out because I was concerned with the heat. It hasn't frozen since - all the problems I was having with it, it was stuffed under a shelf at that time. Probably a coincidence (it doesn't get much hotter than the other consoles do) but if you're having problems, moving it out is worth a try.

There is a specific error for overheating though, it's two red lights out of the four on the front of the console. But it could crash before reaching the automatic shutoff temperature.

Heh, I got too excited about it before launch and was let down by the games as well. They look nice but I find myself oging back to play better ones, albeit not as nice looking ones, on my old xbox (which has run since day 1 with no problems tongue.gif). Might just get rid of it on eBay for the christmas hype and wait until they fix this poor hardware shit to get another one... *sigh*.

Edited by trioptimumonline, 23 November 2005 - 05:45 AM.

Speil

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 09:20:50 PM »

QUOTE(the_eternal_dark @ Nov 22 2005, 09:49 PM)
And these are some of the reasons I wait, among other things (inflated prices and over hype). Sounds like MS is having a lot of these errors and bugs (typical Micosoft problems). I'll stick with the original Xbox with xbmc for a while. I think I will wait until they release a 1.1 and when the price actually is $399, not the $600 or $700 most payed out for first launch problems.

View Post

Here here. I second that. If i remember the earlyer xbox 1s where extremely buggy. Used from crappy parts and what not. Now look at the newer ones. Sammys and Ten gig HDDs. Now it sounds like calibration errors,HDD errors,File corruption errors,and god knows what else. Im still gonna get one. No doubt. But am still gonna wait for this mess to get sorted out.

I am never ever ever gonna get rid of my original xboxes. And hopefully the mods for them wont stop commin either. Im keepin my origins.

Look at meh sig. pop.gif

Edited by Speil, 23 November 2005 - 06:26 AM.

pegisys

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2005, 10:10:26 PM »

I have a horror story myself, but it it's not about crashing I went to pick up my 360 yesterday I get home and the case was cracked, I called the store they had one left opened the new one in the store that one was cracked aswell.

Seems they had some trouble in shipping, and I heard a few other people had cracked cases also

I don't know what they were thinking they with just that one strip of foam

Killa420

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 10:26:27 PM »

I have been playing mine for a couple of hours and just felt it was extremelly hot. It was also in a shelf type thing, I have moved it now away from my other devices(dvr/surround reciever) and tried it out and it doesnt get as hot now.

icantstandtoburntolong

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 10:31:03 PM »

I would hardly call this massive failures.

G-Mac

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 10:33:18 PM »

I am getting these errors 64 & 65 Call customer service...anyone else getting these errors???

I just got a 360 after 12 hours of waiting at walmart.I got home hooked it up chatted for 10 min shut it down.Booted back up and got error 64 and 65 everytime i restarted. this is f'ed up.......360 my azz......WTF i got a 400 doller door stop.BOY AM I PISSED!!!!!!!!!!! Microshaft will be getting a call from me.

���ߥ

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2005, 10:50:42 PM »

Man those lines on the screen shots, Remain me of the NES.
Try to take the front faceplate and start to blow. That may help  muhaha.gif

h4xx3d

Defective Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 10:53:11 PM »

i live in a small town in canada, naturally the xbox 360 supply was exceedingly low [a total of 32 for the 15000 people living here] our local ebgames received one of the 360 kiosks, or whatever they're refered to as, and today when i went back to check out the excitement, it had a nice big "BROKEN!" sign on it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 14 queries.