xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xbox 1 Emulation  (Read 339 times)

lordvader129

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2005, 04:08:59 AM »

QUOTE(geniusjc @ Nov 24 2005, 03:15 AM)
More than likely the entire emulator is already on the hard drive and only game profiles are added with the update.

View Post

this si correct, the 2.5mb file is only an updatye, not the emulator itself

being that its a single xex thre is pretty much no point of exploit, any alteration, editing, or injecting of our own code will violate the signature and it wont run

to access the other emulator files we need to gain access to the HD

Shadowlaw

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2005, 05:18:05 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 24 2005, 01:15 PM)
this si correct, the 2.5mb file is only an updatye, not the emulator itself

being that its a single xex thre is pretty much no point of exploit, any alteration, editing, or injecting of our own code will violate the signature and it wont run

to access the other emulator files we need to gain access to the HD

View Post

Do we have any clue how the signatures are computed? Is it an MD5 hash? Or maybe an MD5 hash thrown through some MS private key inside the box to verify authenticity? I guess there's indeed no way in through that route.

lordvader129

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2005, 09:39:43 AM »

QUOTE(Shadowlaw @ Nov 24 2005, 06:25 AM)
Do we have any clue how the signatures are computed? Is it an MD5 hash? Or maybe an MD5 hash thrown through some MS private key inside the box to verify authenticity? I guess there's indeed no way in through that route.

View Post

probably same type of key as xbox, 2048bit RSA factor, stopped us dead in our tracks last time, why fix what aint broke

The_Truth

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2005, 11:12:04 AM »

I tend to agree with d0wnlab... they will most likely have made the fine line easy to pass... unfortunately... if the emulator is hacked... they will force an update through live... to patch the screwed up emulator... also... even if it crashes the virtual stack, it might also corrupt the actual stack if the code is written incorrectly.

Dameon

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2005, 04:16:50 PM »

As far as emulation, I wouldn't take their word for it as per what it actually is.

Consider that the architecture is so different between the 360 and original. The instruction set, for one, between an x86 and PPC. x86 emulators for powerpc are not unheard of, but the overhead would be spine-shattering.

I see several options:

1. The per-game "emulator" is actually a modified and recompiled XBE. IMHO, backwards compatibility libs would be much faster, less error prone, and easier to implement than true emulation. This would also better explain (although not without a doubt determine) why there are emulators on a per-game basis.

2. Full emulation is used but it is sandboxed. Perhaps the emulation packs are merely tweaks/adjustments to a pre-existing emulation layer to facilitate individual game quirks.

3. They just want us to pay more wink.gif

Just a shot in the dark.

SmashManiac

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2005, 11:03:18 AM »

Instead of talking about if we should try it or not, now that Splinter Cell is on the compatibility list, somebody should just give a run of what's happening if a classic SC GameSave Exploit is used, like Krayzie's XBE Exploit Installer. Error message? Freezing? Or more surprisingly, working?�

I would try it myself but currently I don't have a Xbox360. Shame me.

After that this discussion will have a serious conclusion.

MrPhunkee

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2005, 11:18:45 AM »

And how exactly r we gonna put that save on the HD? Or mem card? Guess if we can do that, the 360 is hacked. And even if it would work, it would be kinda useless i think.. The hd isn't designed with the original partitions of xbox1

sentinel0

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2005, 11:29:33 AM »

This is probably a dumb idea that wont work i havn't tried might when i get back home but has anyone tried signing a game backup thats on the backwords compatiblity list with the habi key and see if it works?

lordvader129

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »

This is probably a dumb idea that wont work i havn't tried might when i get back home but has anyone tried signing a game backup thats on the backwords compatiblity list with the habi key and see if it works?

the habibi key only works in conjunction withthe save exploit, but saves arent cross-compatible, so a hacked save wont work on 360

Zanzang

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2005, 05:17:57 PM »

Do you guys think that the 360 gamesaves could be signed too?

lordvader129

Xbox 1 Emulation
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2005, 05:25:54 PM »

Do you guys think that the 360 gamesaves could be signed too?

you mean would the 360 allow the same exact exploit that was used on xbox1? not a chance in hell

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 15 queries.