xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Support Slayers  (Read 737 times)

SlaYer

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (hack5t3r @ May 25 2004, 05:39 PM)
I have mailed SlaYer and told him about this post, really to see if he has any input regarding his work, we will have to wait and see. The support for SlaYers is pretty good through his irc channel, but I do agree that a more 'accessible' area, such as a dedicated forum here, or website, would help newbies who might not know the 'usual' places.

Firstly, thank you all for your kind words, support and affirmative action.

I think a lot of what you kind folks did was premature and I will explain why, but I thank you anyway for your concern.

1) There will be a new installer version out VERY shortly ( I will not say more on that )

2) There is already a new Website and Forum which will be made public as soon as the installer is ready. The installer release will coincide with the site unveiling.

3) Though I am the one who enhances and develops the installer scripts, I am no longer a one man shop.  There is a whole team of us and any new willing and skilled members are always welcome to join. To get more info, ask in our current IRC channel.

4) I am not extremely thrilled about people registering domain names on our behalf, though I do take it as a compliment and not an offense.  Next time however I would appreciate it if someone consults me first laugh.gif

5) I know there has been a log lag between releases and I apologize, however my schedule is as such that I have virtually no time for anything aside from my two simultaneous jobs.  I am doing my best to keep active but it is a challenge and I hope everyone (with a job) can understand.

6) We already have a dedicated graphics design person, however we encourage anyone interested to work with him in the future.  You will know his identity and be able to contact him once the site is unveiled.  If he is willing to work with you, you're in.  He's got the word on that and it's that simple.

7) We are always looking for new members to help out the newcomers and support the installer, especially in the IRC and in the forums.  If you feel you can spare the time to help and are skilled ( we will test you ), then please address any of the OPS in the IRC channel.  They are the ones with a "@" symbol in front of their handle.

8) I have said this countless times and have it in all documentation of the installer, I did not create the applications the installer uses or copies to your HD, I simply enhanced and improved on the EvoX scripts, as well as edited the configuration files of a lot of the included applications to work smoother and easier with each other and the dashboards.  I really hate to see people bashing the installer simply because they have nothing better to do or are just jealous they did not think of doing this.

THANKS AGAIN AND PLEASE BE PATIENT A LITTLE MORE! love.gif

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

firefucker

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »

smile.gif
I will redirected www.slayers-installer.com to your new site!

SlaYer

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (firefucker @ May 28 2004, 01:34 AM)
Hey cool SlaYer smile.gif
I will redirected www.slayers-installer.com to your new site!

Thank you!

That is very kind of you and much appreciated.  In return , after the dust settles with our new site, we can have a section dedicated to other installers, based on SlaYer's or completely original, and link back to those sites. That way the whole scene will benefit.

As yours was the first I know of you'll be at the top of the list laugh.gif

BTW, since I have been so busy I barely keep tabs on mine, how's yours doing?

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 05:35:00 AM »

Yea,  I think your taking that a bit on the extreme side there.  Who really cares who uses what?  No one installs Windows and then goes through and examines the batch files,  config files or whatever.  Unless your a technical person and have a genuine interest for the workings of the software/hardware.  Like me, (you) some of us do,  but not all.  For others its just a phase that they will outgrow.

raza_unida

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 06:57:00 AM »

Sorry decided to post before i read the second page!! apologies goes out its all good sorry for the post which is obsolete if only i'd read the second page and saw that all that had been worked out and all anyways a big HELLO GOES OUT TO THE SCENE!!! rock on guys!!!

Raza_Unida
Pages: 1 [2]