xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Support Slayers  (Read 743 times)

BillyT2003

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« on: May 25, 2004, 04:52:00 AM »

I'm completely with you.  I also frequent the Vault News groups for Dark Age of Camelot and you always have a few people who will either post a topic or reply to a topic, trying to stir up some trouble.  I learned a long time ago, after college, when I first started out on my career path, that if you have a problem with anything, it is always better to think about possible solutions to the problem first and then state your problem along with the solutions you have thought of, than it is to state the problem and provide no possible solutions, yourself.  I also learned long ago that despite how you may feel about a problem whether it be one you are experiencing directly, or one someone else is experiencing, you should always present your case being as respectful and upbeat as possible.  People tend to reflect back upon you how you have treated them.  If you are respectful and optimistic, people are usually more than happy to jump over hoops to help you.  It almost never fails.  Unfortunately intelligence and wisdom do not go hand in hand.  Wisdom only comes with experience.

Very rarely, I will encounter someone in a forum who is being negative and trying to stir up trouble and even when politely provided a good and reasonable answer to their problem, their attitude never gets any better.  For those cases, eventually they wind up on my ignore/block list.  I try not to do that, but at times it is inevitable.

Bill T.

hack5t3r

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 05:05:00 AM »

Im glad im not the only voice out there, Im looking forward to seeing other peoples opinions. I luckily have never had to use my blacklist on any forums, but I must agree that there are some people out there who just want an argument (I seem to remember a forum that was actually set up for people to argue swear and fight, wish I could remember where it was)

My point really is very simple (and relates to a lot of issues nowadays) if youve not got anything constructive to say, say nothing !

miguelfp1

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 06:40:00 AM »

I considered myself a n00b a couple of months ago when I started on the Xbox modding scene. I have a no-solder chip, and I used Slayer's Auto-Installer and later upgraded with FireFucker's X-disk my Xbox, BUT thanks to Slayer's Installer and X-disk i learned how to download new apps, how to edit my Evox ini, how to flash my BIOS and customize it, how to change dashboards, etc.

I just say: great work Slayer and FireFucker with your installers!!

firefucker

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 08:19:00 AM »

Best way would be to set a dedicated website for slayers installer.
if there are some people to do the moderator work, I would contact Slayer and set up a Site like x-disk.com/de.

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

I am with you too man.  I will eventually move over to straight Evox one I learn everything. But I used slayers and was happy with it.  Its not the greatest thing in the world, but its a great starting point.  

If you want to build the website I may be able to host it.  LMK. beerchug.gif

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »

I can setup a phpbb forum if you want to collaborate one with me?  Or who ever wants to jump in.  I can host the forum.   I dunno if XS will ever put one up.  I don't see what the big deal is.

firefucker

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

I will help. Lets look for a domain.

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 07:36:00 AM »

Just come up with a name and I will register it.

chris67rs

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

you guys should get in touch with 1wolfe1 he is the creator . you can get it very easy if you know where to look, it needs to stay on the dl for appropriate reasons.

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »

Evox has a different .ini file than slayers

Axon

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »

3935 works right off the bat, just gotta change that godawful IP default.

firefucker

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »

I registered www.slayers-installer.com.
Who will host?
Someone sets up a phpbb?

firefucker

• Archived User
Support Slayers
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »

yo! Got a reply from SlaYer already?