xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Post Your Cars Up!  (Read 3064 times)

'SICKdimension'

NULL
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »

'
               Here's my ride.  tongue.gif  The electric motor travels at 20mph for up to 25 miles. After that, you can pedal, for ∞ mpg.

Click each pic for a description of the parts.

IPB Image

IPB Image

'

'lostboyz'

NULL
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2008, 04:39:37 PM »

'
               nice....is that a kit, or did you buy it that way?

'

'SICKdimension'

NULL
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2008, 09:37:25 PM »

'

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Apr 1 2008, 05:15 PM) View Post

nice....is that a kit, or did you buy it that way?

It's a kit. The motor comes in the hub, so you just add your own tire, then add the battery bag and wire it all up.

QUOTE(SICKdimension @ Apr 1 2008, 10:12 PM) View Post

It's a kit. The motor comes in the hub, so you just add your own tire, then add the battery bag and wire it all up. All you need is a rigid steel bike.

'

'hamwbone'

NULL
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2008, 03:30:15 AM »

'
               Does it have to be steel? my bike has an aluminum frame. got a link to the kit?

im not sure if it would work because i have 2 wheel mechanical disc brakes on it.

Shimano Alivio 24 Speed, 7005 Aluminum TrailTuned frame, RST Capa T4 fork 89mm, ProMax Mechanical Disc Brakes, Alex Adventurer Black Anodized Aluminum Double Wall rims with Machined Sidewalls, Stainless Spokes 36fr/36r, M-Wings Disc hubs, TruVativ IsoFlow Forged aluminum Crankset, WTB Speed V Saddle, WTB Velociraptor 2.1 tires, M-Wings Aluminum Rizer Bar, Forged Aluminum Threadless Stem and Micro-adjust Seatpost.

'

Dano2k0

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2008, 04:07:54 AM »

quick pic mainly fo dano2k0 since shes washed and he wanted to see it lowered laugh.gif

still look crap as ever laugh.gif

Nice one mate, she looks in quite good nick for the age, still a nice red as best as you can see in the pic. I'm guessing youve waxed her over some recent time?

She looks much nicer lowered too mate, did you just keep the original shocks and swap the springs?

Will be nice to see the new sunny hopefully later this year.

Cheers beerchug.gif

SNAAAKE

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2008, 04:27:10 AM »

sad.gif IPB Image

Edited by SNAAAKE, 02 April 2008 - 12:27 PM.

SICKdimension

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2008, 06:27:28 AM »

Does it have to be steel? my bike has an aluminum frame. got a link to the kit?

im not sure if it would work because i have 2 wheel mechanical disc brakes on it.
Shimano Alivio 24 Speed, 7005 Aluminum TrailTuned frame, RST Capa T4 fork 89mm, ProMax Mechanical Disc Brakes, Alex Adventurer Black Anodized Aluminum Double Wall rims with Machined Sidewalls, Stainless Spokes 36fr/36r, M-Wings Disc hubs, TruVativ IsoFlow Forged aluminum Crankset, WTB Speed V Saddle, WTB Velociraptor 2.1 tires, M-Wings Aluminum Rizer Bar, Forged Aluminum Threadless Stem and Micro-adjust Seatpost.

Here's the kit I used.

I researched it a lot before purchasing and this is a great kit for the price. Keep in mind that the lead-acid batteries (cheapest kind) will make your bike weigh a ton, so it becomes practically unusable without using the motor. A steel fork is required and it is highly recommended to not use a fork with shocks, because the torque applied to the tips of the fork puts on more strain than it was designed for. Steel, rigid bikes are luckily the cheapest though, so I bought this bike for $40 used and kept my nicer bike for rides without the motor.

If this type of thing is interesting, there's an excellent forum at http://endless-sphere.com/forums/

grim_d

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2008, 07:28:15 AM »

Nice one mate, she looks in quite good nick for the age, still a nice red as best as you can see in the pic. I'm guessing youve waxed her over some recent time?

She looks much nicer lowered too mate, did you just keep the original shocks and swap the springs?

Will be nice to see the new sunny hopefully later this year.

Cheers beerchug.gif

havnt waxed her in about a year lol mate, she has kept her colo0ur well though, aside from the bonnet her paint is good, still gleaming red an almost the same as when it rolled out the factory. The laquer on the bonnet has went dry so it looks a bit naff but im not bothered anymore.

shes on gti shocks and spax springs, i managed to get 4 shocks with the spring in vgc for �50 all in laugh.gif ideally i would have kept the original front shocks cos the sr20 in the gti is a touch heavier, but one of my originals was busted so best to swap, still tightened the handling up a treat.

scttyb69

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2009, 07:16:16 AM »

I drive an 86 Plymouth Turismo.

Mopar

yaazz

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2009, 11:41:02 AM »

2007 CBR 125..... Dunno if they are available in the states yet. not a speed demon but quick around town. It will do more then the speed limit on the highway so its fast enough!  Also 70-120 mpg depending on how you drive it
IPB Image

and a 2005 Mazda 3 sedan as my "gas guzzler".... lol

Edited by yaazz, 21 September 2009 - 07:47 PM.

SniperKilla

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2009, 05:07:57 AM »

Man have things changed.... Finally I am drawn back here with the release of Freeboot.

Still have the GTO, figured I should post some updated pics.

First is the new sound... Changed out the Spintech mufflers for a Magnaflow catback.... and swapped the cam.  Also have a 150 shot of Nitrous, built auto trans, 3200 stall converter and a full suspension now.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

A little dirty after an auto-x in the rain
IPB Image

Edited by SniperKilla, 01 December 2009 - 02:10 PM.

twistedsymphony

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2009, 06:08:05 AM »

last week I swapped a Silvia front end onto my 240sx convertible

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

it's a total budget build... I've spent less than a grand so far, including the initial cost of the car laugh.gif

Edited by twistedsymphony, 01 December 2009 - 03:09 PM.

grim_d

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2009, 06:15:35 AM »

last week I swapped a Silvia front end onto my 240sx convertible

it's a total budget build... I've spent less than a grand so far, including the initial cost of the car laugh.gif

That will look great painted up.

s13 front end?

Bonnet looks carbon, is it just filthy?

Edited by grim_d, 01 December 2009 - 03:16 PM.

twistedsymphony

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2009, 12:52:14 PM »

yes, it's s13 Silvia front end available only in Japan. and yes the "Bonnet" (laugh.gif) is carbon fiber.

though the whole thing is a bit dusty having sat in my garage for a number of weeks, and sat in someone's barn for a number of months before that.

both the hood and and the grill could deal to be polished up too...

I plan on having the body fixed up and repainted in Nissan Skyline "Midnight Purple II", maybe even the hood too, I don't know if the carbon fiber look is really for me.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 01 December 2009 - 09:53 PM.

o The Drizzle o

Post Your Cars Up!
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »

Man have things changed.... Finally I am drawn back here with the release of Freeboot.

Still have the GTO, figured I should post some updated pics.

First is the new sound... Changed out the Spintech mufflers for a Magnaflow catback.... and swapped the cam.  Also have a 150 shot of Nitrous, built auto trans, 3200 stall converter and a full suspension now.

youre lucky you still have that car in 1 piece shooting pics in North Shore tongue.gif
i used to walk across the 6th st bridge everyday... sucked walking across during winter... cold as balls.... then i moved and lived at the corner of blvd of the allies and smithfield st...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Page created in 0.594 seconds with 14 queries.