xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: Chui-installer -beta-thread-  (Read 262 times)

moviecut

Chui-installer -beta-thread-
« on: June 07, 2005, 11:57:01 AM »

hi there!

i don`t know, if many people have test the new installer by triggernum5. i liked the "another gamesave installer" based on wafflezone very much and whould like to help triggernum5 to go a little further with his installer. so i try to get all points together, that i saw in the CHUI 03.06. that could be even better:

1. the red unleash-skin isn`t usefull for an installer, as it has really huge fonts. long menu-names are always displaying with an "..." at the end.

2. the new unleashx (build 565) has a few great improvements and should be in the installer, too! i think, that a new config.xml should be build up automatically with this version first, as it has a little different structure.

3. the dvdx path in the default config.xml is wrong, as it is located f:\apps\dvdx2....

4. i whould like to see dvdx2 to be installed in e:\apps and not in e:\dashboard\dvdx_2 or something like that. should be changed in the new build up config.xml

5. what about the tri-boot feature?
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=397987

6. why need the shadowc a full power circle and krayzies did not? i like the way krayzie did the eeprom/shadowc-menu. it`s a lot more simple and has a better skin.

7. the ppf-part wasn`t in the another gamesave installer. why is it in here? i think the xboxdash needn`t to patch...? am i wrong and it had to be in there now?

8. is the dual-boot working on the new build? i installed it on my chipped xbox and for that i could only test the dualboot (tray open disables the chip for me). when installing the CHUI 03.06 and boot with tray open after that i get an error21...

okay, most of the points are pure cosmetic and can be easily be patched out. after that we whould have another great installer and a nice alternative to krayzies installer with a few more options in it.
thank you triggernum for you great work till now!! hope you will answer to my points..

greetings, moviecut

DaddyJ

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 02:57:51 PM »

QUOTE(moviecut)
6. why need the shadowc a full power circle and krayzies did not?

In english, Why does the ShadowC need a full power cycle, and krayzie's installer doesnt???

I'd like to know the answer to that as well, How can you make the shadowC active without a reboot.

kingroach

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 02:59:53 PM »

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Jun 8 2005, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE(moviecut)
6. why need the shadowc a full power circle and krayzies did not?

In english, Why does the ShadowC need a full power cycle, and krayzie's installer doesnt???

I'd like to know the answer to that as well, How can you make the shadowC active without a reboot.

View Post

having  a zipped image of shadowc, and unzip it with Unleashx.. zipped image of any size of dummy file is about 1-2KB.. Thats how some installer does that.

Edited by kingroach, 07 June 2005 - 11:00 PM.

DaddyJ

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 03:02:41 PM »

QUOTE(kingroach @ Jun 7 2005, 07:10 PM)
having  a zipped image of shadowc, and unzip it with Unleashx.. zipped image of any size of dummy file is about 1-2KB.. Thats how some installer does that.

The dummy file, moves into position (e.g. e:\shadowc\shadowc.bin) and no reboot is required to start filling it up?

Edited by DaddyJ, 07 June 2005 - 11:03 PM.

triggernum5

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 03:17:39 PM »

I've been busy, so I just slapped the fix into chui..  
I've got plans, but dunno when I can get around to it
-Eliminate shadowc.xbe and uncompress a smaller image that will reside on (real)C: (This frees up 500MB on E:, and fills up (real)C:)
-Switch to ndure
-Put a ~30MB dummy file on (real)C: that can be replaced by pre-live fonts
-Simple custom unleashx skin
-LED indication that the softmod is active
-Multilaunch.xbe will be launched from nkpatcher..  It will attempt to load
E:\Dashboard\default.xbe
E:\UDATA\..\unleashx.xbe (installer)
(real)C:\unleashx.xbe (with access to (real)C:)
D:\default.xbe
(This means that unleashx will launch even if partition2-7 are formatted)
-Option to install a single dash without Xselect..

This is basically how I've been modding my most recent boxes..  Works like a charm, but putting it into a generic installer is hell on the disorganzed.. Hopefully I'll get a chance soon..  Compiling all that shit takes a long time..

triggernum5

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 03:21:40 PM »

You need to uncompress the dummyfile, then relaunch nkpatcher/dash..  (Well, I think I'll only launch nkpatcher once, and sign what I need to for before its launched during the install process..)
This method will eliminate the need for power cycling.

krayzie

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 09:25:53 PM »

QUOTE(moviecut @ Jun 7 2005, 09:08 PM)
6. why need the shadowc a full power circle and krayzies did not? i like the way krayzie did the eeprom/shadowc-menu. it`s a lot more simple and has a better skin.

When using the shadowCmaker in a gamesave exploit you will need the power cycle unless you use PBL. That's why my previous 007 exploits also did a power cycle (cuz 007 don't like pbl that much).

pHeelixx

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 09:29:05 PM »

Uxe ltools is the way to go if you ask me might be older but it is very relible and fast

krayzie

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 09:32:01 PM »

QUOTE(pHeelixx @ Jun 8 2005, 06:40 AM)
Uxe ltools is the way to go if you ask me might be older but it is very relible and fast

View Post

thank you for your opinion. I can see from your arguments that you have lots of experience

cmiz

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 12:24:19 AM »

haha...Ltools was the best for a long time, but yeah, it's old news. i wonder where Ldots is now.....

implementing NDURE? that's going to be a neat feature. are you also considering the whole retail/modded tray state thing?

i recall blackwar's installer using the zipped shadowc. the only thing i'd say is that you should consider copying that to C partition last as it takes a little while. it's a good idea to put all of the boot chain files on there first in case something happens in mid install. (you may have already thought of this or done so without thinking...but it's a good thing to keep in mind.)

i really like the multilaunch feature....hopefully it will make the recovery process faster for silly noobs.

well good work, hope to see it out soon.

moviecut

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 05:38:32 AM »

any news about this, triggernum? i knew there is a pc-installer for ndure, but i like doing everything on the xbox better! i think it`s quite impossible to bring all this files in a 8mb-memcard...is this one still in the works?

moviecut

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 08:09:44 AM »

QUOTE(moviecut @ Jul 7 2005, 02:49 PM)
any news about this, triggernum? i knew there is a pc-installer for ndure, but i like doing everything on the xbox better! i think it`s quite impossible to bring all this files in a 8mb-memcard...is this one still in the works?

View Post

according to this it should now be possible!!

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 15 queries.