xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: How To Install Xdsl On Your Xbox  (Read 894 times)

JMPovoa

How To Install Xdsl On Your Xbox
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 01:37:19 PM »

Hi! Can anyone get this to work with 720p? The only resolution I can boot with is 480p. all the others don't work. (With 720p I get a all-white screen, after I choose the resolution I want)

Also, does anyone know how to keep my configurations between sessions? Everytime I reboot everything goes back to default...

KyrinRPG

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 05:21:05 PM »

xdsl is the buggiest distro ever

Joshua Wood

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2005, 09:35:29 PM »

Is there ANY way to have all xdsl files in one folder, say f:\xdsl

This is how I have xebian, but xdsl is pretty nice and quick... but I don't like it all over the place. How does xebian load itself? It has an xbe, but there is no xromwell menu or anything, it just launches linux straight off... could this be used for xdsl? But then it seems xdsl has some paths coded in... any way of changing them?

Thanks

Beelzabub

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 07:41:52 AM »

QUOTE(JMPovoa @ Jun 20 2005, 10:48 PM)
Hi! Can anyone get this to work with 720p? The only resolution I can boot with is 480p. all the others don't work. (With 720p I get a all-white screen, after I choose the resolution I want)

Also, does anyone know how to keep my configurations between sessions? Everytime I reboot everything goes back to default...

View Post

I have the same problem when booting in 720p it alll goes white

amfdfireinside

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 10:36:26 AM »

is that the ENTIRE tutorial?? or have some links gones missing?

alexlexus

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 08:33:07 AM »

i am new to all this and i got everything working up until i get

Error loading kernel/linux24

what do i do to fix this?

satans_banjo

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 03:07:20 PM »

i followed the tutorial and worked out how to edit the ini file. it now comes up with a screen allowing me to select either 'etherboot' or 'CD-ROM (hdb)' what do i do now? do i have to use the ISO to burn a CD and insert the CD?

friedgold

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 03:22:42 PM »

You should have a Fatx icon, this is the one you want. If the fatx icon doesn't appear then it because E:\linuxboot.cfg doesn't exist. linuxboot.cfg must be in the root of E: (the path is hardcoded into Cromwell / XCromwell). The filename is probably case sensitive so make sure the filename is in lower case.

satans_banjo

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2005, 08:21:55 AM »

okay - i managed to get FatX onto the Cromwell menu, but now when it starts linux and looks for USB devices, it says it can't find the KNOPPIX filesystem so it runs the shell. does the filesystem need to be in E:\KNOPPIX? i've got it in E:\xDSL\KNOPPIX

EDIT: done. that was what i needed to do

Edited by satans_banjo, 05 December 2005 - 05:24 PM.

cdubu

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 06:01:49 AM »

i am new to all this and i got everything working up until i get

Error loading kernel/linux24
what do i do to fix this?

Use a different type of cdr, mine did that with FWS ones.

Hope this helps.

C.

SilverStone641

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 10:23:21 AM »

hey guys, first off, thanks for all the info! i've been struggling over all this. My second question is, when i put everything on the harddrive will i be able to save files i download off the net, onto the harddrive? how do i set that up?

second question. Is there a way to enable xdsl to run .swf files or movie files? I.E. Avi, MPG, wmv, mov etc.

thanks

mike

Kidrdbz

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 03:50:33 PM »

i followed the tutorial and worked out how to edit the ini file. it now comes up with a screen allowing me to select either 'etherboot' or 'CD-ROM (hdb)' what do i do now? do i have to use the ISO to burn a CD and insert the CD?

Hey people,
Im kinda new to this site, i only read most off the time on forums.
But now i really need some help, becouse i really dont know whats wrong.
I bought a second hand banned xbox 360 for a few bucks.
when i bought it i knew it was already flashed with a firmware but i dind know wich one.

Ive conected the drive to dump its fw, and there was a ixtreme 1,4 or something  on it.
When i put in a xgd3 game it said, unable to find update for game, so i thought i reflash and it ill work.
so i downloaded the latest fw package anf reflashed it with lt v2.0.
i dont have its Original fw, so i used the one out off that fw pakage to flashe it to stock, and reflashe it to lt v2.0

Now it come up with the message, unreadable disc after starting the game.
i really dont know what i did wrong.

the xgd3 games are good burns with ihase burner, and they play very wel on my other console
with a lite-on drive.

some info about the box im talking about.

its a Hitachi 59 build 2006.
its dashboard 2.0.8955.0
now flashed with lt v2.0 for Hitachi 59 and gives unreadable disc.
media: verbs mk 003
My english is not very well, but ill try my best

Edit: sorry iff i posted in the wrong section, dind know for sure iff its the right one. ty

Nobody knows?

'Abecedarian'

NULL
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 04:42:58 PM »

'
               Hey. I've done everything, started XDSL, hit the "FatX" option, but then it tells me that it can't find the KNOPPIX filesystem and boots into a "(very limited)" shell. With no virtual keyboard. I'm a fair bit new to linux, is there something really obvious I've missed out here? And yes, I do have what friedgold called the knoppix filesystem under e:\knoppix\knoppix\knoppix (the last one being the file).

Edited by Abecedarian, 27 May 2006 - 12:57 AM.

'

'Abecedarian'

NULL
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 07:39:53 PM »

'
               Got that one resolved, and booted into DSL fine. I did some stuff, which failed, and then I realised that I would have to have a loopback install. So, I booted in for about the fifth time or so, but now it took ages to boot up and the mouse pointer lagged every few seconds. I cleared the Xbox's cache, re-ftp'd all the XDSL files but it wouldn't go away. So, I tried a loopback install anyway and it crashed before even loading the first prompt successfully. Help?

'

'crispy4004'

NULL
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 07:43:55 PM »

'
               I'm having some problems here, I installed X-dsl.5 to my Xbox and launched it under Evolution X under the HDD Apps portion ...

problem is, its permiantely stuck in the "your selection is loading" screen.

Everything should be installed in the correct directories ... anyone have a clue why I can't run it?

'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 16 queries.