xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Mandriva Linux 2005 Limited Edition Xbox Free Iso  (Read 353 times)

JustinT9669

Mandriva Linux 2005 Limited Edition Xbox Free Iso
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 06:47:06 PM »

Well the only linux that I ever used was Xebian (SmartXX) and that ran perfectly off the CD.

the_devil73

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 06:59:06 PM »

Xebian is slowwwww. There arent really any live cd's (good ones that is). I was trying to port knoppix, but i just dont feel like doing it ne more cuz i have absolutely no help. So im doing something else. Everyine wants this and that, but they dont want to do it themselves.

But you didnt need to know that lol. Sorry. If you want to discuss linux, get me on MSN IM

enFORCER_zero1@hotmail.com

Edit;

Loooking in the ftp folders and shit, i found a Boot iso!!, i cant try it now cuz im compiling in linux now, but ill try it 2morrow

Edited by the_devil73, 06 May 2005 - 03:12 AM.

XDelusion

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 07:10:48 PM »

Does it have propper 3D support for the GFX?

AmyGrrl

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 07:11:17 PM »

how does this run? is it slow, and does it run full screen... unlike xDSL... oh and does it look nice.. as in easy to read and not blurry.. thanks for any info

Edited by AmyGrrl, 06 May 2005 - 03:12 AM.

the_devil73

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 07:18:26 PM »

Unfortunately, text is still blurry. No one will get to use this linux unless they have a usb to ps2 adapter.

It is nice though, ill admit. Im gonna try it later though cuz im buisy installing Gentoo and it has 150 packs (or maybe less now) to go. Ill also post a reveiw on it.

AmyGrrl

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2005, 07:22:53 PM »

so a USB keyboard/mouse won't work.... I have the X3 Control Panel on my XBOX.. I was thinking of installing this on my old 8GB HD that came with the XBOX to see how it looks....

the_devil73

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2005, 07:49:50 PM »

QUOTE(AmyGrrl @ May 6 2005, 02:28 AM)
so a USB keyboard/mouse won't work.... I have the X3 Control Panel on my XBOX.. I was thinking of installing this on my old 8GB HD that came with the XBOX to see how it looks....

View Post

Yes it will, im saying that if you dont have one, you cant use Mandriva

Trevante

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2005, 08:13:39 PM »

QUOTE(AmyGrrl @ May 5 2005, 07:28 PM)

View Post

I know keyboards work for sure (both of mine worked), but I don't know about USB mice, they didn't work for me in the installer.

Gankoholik

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2005, 01:20:15 AM »

It does support Xpad. Just have 2 wait a few minutes. about 5. serch mandriva they have an article about it. i downloaded the dvd got an error about the kernal or something im gonna try the cd version and c whats up.

XDelusion

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 01:46:15 AM »

3d Acceleration?

Any new drivers at all?!!?

syntaxx_error

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 02:44:43 AM »

Once the iso is downloaded, how to install mandriva ?

> Extract the full iso in adirectory on the F or E partition ?
> Burn the ISO on a CD to run the install ?

Will mandriva dellete all my files on F or E ?

the_devil73

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 02:48:51 AM »

QUOTE(syntaxx_error @ May 6 2005, 09:50 AM)
Once the iso is downloaded, how to install mandriva ?

> Extract the full iso in adirectory on the F or E partition ?

> Burn the ISO on a CD to run the install ?

Will mandriva dellete all my files on F or E ?

View Post

Look guys, stop ating like n00bz and asking newbie questions.  YES it will delet all your files and erase o whole drive, NO  there are no new drivers and i doubt there be will be.

THere work is based on XBox-Linux

koSmiQ

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 03:23:27 AM »

Too bad it erases all stuff, won't be using this one then... Looked so cool and I've not tested linux on my xbox yet... Ahh well guess I'll try that live cd just for the sake of it.

*stops acting like a noob, but whispers too the_devil73 "please, we are all noobs in the beginning of the learning process"*

friedgold

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2005, 03:39:23 AM »

QUOTE(the_devil73 @ May 6 2005, 09:54 AM)
Look guys, stop ating like n00bz and asking newbie questions.  YES it will delet all your files and erase o whole drive, NO  there are no new drivers and i doubt there be will be.

THere work is based on XBox-Linux

Surely if you setup the partition table carefully and manually beforehand you could do a native install onto just the F drive, leaving everything else entact? (If you use fdisk -u the starting sector for the F drive is 15633072). You might need to set this up before running the mandriva installer but I see no reason why you couldn't get it to work.

Also the_devil73, how many operating systems have you got installed now? You seem to have installed pretty much every Xbox-linux distro in the last week! I'm hoping you'll give XDSL v0.2 a go when its out and let us know what you think.

Edited by friedgold, 06 May 2005 - 11:39 AM.

the_devil73

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2005, 03:42:59 AM »

Always man! Looking foward to this new xDSL

Its not that i cant get it to work its just it wont boot. I have o manually go in there and  make my own linuxboot.cfg and i just cant do that now. my xbox is on packacge 41 of 141 and its been on all night. Mandrake was the first linux i ever tried, and it was the worst thing i have ever burned to a blank. I tried redhat, but it wouldnt let me log in as root.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 15 queries.