xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Mandriva Linux 2005 Limited Edition Xbox Free Iso  (Read 352 times)

DEEFRAG

Mandriva Linux 2005 Limited Edition Xbox Free Iso
« on: May 04, 2005, 03:39:45 PM »

Mandriva-Linux-2005-Limited-Edition-Download-DVD ISO for free Download fully Xbox Compatible on fast German FTP Server

ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/mandra...ad-DVD.i586.iso Full DVD ISO 2GB Xbox Compatible

ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/mandra...X-Mini.xbox.iso Small Version for Xbox 431MB

A Screenshot of the 2GB Full ISO you can see the default.xbe

user posted image

zephyr420

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 08:02:05 PM »

coo

do you know whats differnt between those 2 versions?

you can find a mirror close to your location here : http://www.mandrival...com/en/ftp.php3

netdroid9

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 08:55:36 PM »

Sweet! Mandrake for Xbox in one easy installer!

Thanks for the link beerchug.gif.

the_devil73

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 03:30:31 PM »

ITS FREAKIN SWEET, INSTALL WAS SHORT AND EVERYTHING

Try it

It was a graphical interface, booted fast, very fast, and copies system files in a minute. Its just like a regular pc install!!

I used the mini version on a CD-R, no dvd burner sad.gif

koSmiQ

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 04:33:11 PM »

Sorry I am being stupid, but this one must be installed?
Is it not possible to do something like knoppix-Live-CD but for the xbox?

Anyways, if I do install this will it render my avalaunch install and stuff useless? Or can I install it and somehow ad it to the apps list in ava?  unsure.gif

Any answer appreciated...  smile.gif

Vejita

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 04:40:23 PM »

Does it work in 480p/720p/1080i?

Also does it format the E or F drive as native or does it use a 'rootfs' virtual drive like Gentoox?

Edited by Vejita, 06 May 2005 - 12:45 AM.

the_devil73

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 05:04:50 PM »

No, it only does native (Takes up F or Whole drive) and takes linux know how. I have over 200 Disk drives at my disposal so i gave it a try. It installs in 30 minutes, 35 at the most (cuz i fucked up)

But Cromwell dosent see it. I dont think it copied the linuxboot.cfg correctly. Ill Switch to that drive later and see if i can fix it. But 4 right now the Raw gentoo install im building from source is my concern

DONT INSTALL THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, YOU WILL DSTROY ALL YOUR XBOX DATA!!!!

I dont know if the people at mandrakeare fools or if they just made some crap ass isntaller for publicity, but the installer dosent even work right and it only install natively. This is funny, very funny.

Edited by the_devil73, 06 May 2005 - 01:06 AM.

daser1220

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 05:08:07 PM »

QUOTE(Vejita @ May 5 2005, 06:46 PM)

Also does it format the E or F drive as native or does it use a 'rootfs' virtual drive like Gentoox?

View Post

i see no huge rootfs file in that zip folder. so i guess we have to format our e or f drive and loose everything? sad.gif  and also does this thing have to be cd installed or can it be installed by ftp?

the_devil73

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 05:10:51 PM »

QUOTE(daser1220 @ May 6 2005, 12:14 AM)
i see no huge rootfs file in that zip folder. so i guess we have to format our e or f drive and loose everything? sad.gif  and also does this thing have to be cd installed or can it be installed by ftp?

View Post

just cuz theres not one in ther dont mena anything. It could always make a fresh one and install the files right to it real easy. you dont have to format e of f, you have to FORMAT IT ALL. They give you no option of anything xbox. Its not a text install at all, its like ur installing on a pc, its a graphical interface.

daser1220

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 05:11:52 PM »

QUOTE(the_devil73 @ May 5 2005, 07:10 PM)
No, it only does native (Takes up F or Whole drive) and takes linux know how. I have over 200 Disk drives at my disposal so i gave it a try. It installs in 30 minutes, 35 at the most (cuz i fucked up)

But Cromwell dosent see it. I dont think it copied the linuxboot.cfg correctly. Ill Switch to that drive later and see if i can fix it. But 4 right now the Raw gentoo install im building from source is my concern

DONT INSTALL THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, YOU WILL DSTROY ALL YOUR XBOX DATA!!!!

I dont know if the people at mandrakeare fools or if they just made some crap ass isntaller for publicity, but the installer dosent even work right and it only install natively. This is funny, very funny.

View Post

ah crap. there's no way im backing up like 80gb's of data. especially if it doesn't even install right.

Trevante

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 05:21:26 PM »

QUOTE(Vejita @ May 5 2005, 04:46 PM)

View Post

I loaded it in 480p on my 1.6 Xbox. It seems to me they juse use a slightly modified version of xromwell to load it.

And also, when people say that it installs natively, is that natively as in the whole harddrive, or natively as in the F drive? I'm going to throw my stock HDD in just to make sure I don't reformat my 250 to a Linux file system.

On a side note, when I burned and loaded the DVD version, it gave me an error about not being able to find a certain file and that the installer could not proceed. Now I'm thinking it's possible my download could have been corrupted becuase I used flashfxp to download it, and at one point, the it stopped downloading, so I disconnected, reconnected, and resumed the file transfer. Forgetting that I resumed the download in the night, I burned the ISO without checking the file integrity. Could it be possible that there's something wrong with the installer, or is it because my download could have been corrupted?

Oh and one more thing. Hardware support sucks so far! In all the Xbox Linux distro's I've used, the xpad has been supported. I load up Mandriva (DVD version), and no xpad support. I didn't really mind, as I figured I would just use my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse (much easier to work with anyways), which has also worked in all other Xbox Linux distro's I've tried. I plug it in, and the keyboard works, but not the mouse. Wtf? Anyone else had trouble getting mice/xpad to work? I should also note that when their Linux loader comes up, both of my xpads vibrate momentarily, don't know why.....

Edited by Trevante, 06 May 2005 - 01:22 AM.

the_devil73

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 05:26:30 PM »

But then again guys, i used the mini install ya know? Maybe you all will have diff experiences, i would advise you havea chip installed and  are trying to install on a spare or new hard drive.

It went trhough the install ok. IT HAS NO XPAD SUPPORT UNTIL THE VERY END WHEN ALL THE FILES ARE COPIED USE THE MINI VRSION AND INSTALL ALL THE OTHER THINGS LATER.

And to the guy above, i hope you got a keyboard adapter, it wont even let you type without it, xpad or no

Edited by the_devil73, 06 May 2005 - 01:29 AM.

Trevante

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 05:32:17 PM »

By the guy above, do you mean me? Yes, both of my USB keyboards work fine, it's the mouse not working that I'm disappointed with. I can understand xpad not working, but mouse not working doesn't really sound right. Although the mouse support isn't necessary (i've been able to navigate with the keyboard), it's kinda one of those things that should just be there, especially considering all the other Xbox Linux distros have it.

I'll try the mini install later on, but I'm out of CD's right now, so I have to go fish out a CD-RW to erase and burn the mini version onto.

Edited by Trevante, 06 May 2005 - 01:33 AM.

JustinT9669

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 06:31:13 PM »

Do you have to install it or can I just run this linux from the CD?

the_devil73

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 06:40:46 PM »

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh apprently not. Im going to stop there b4 i get banned 4 flaming

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.724 seconds with 15 queries.