xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Author Topic: How To Restore Hdd To Origional State?  (Read 128 times)

baylor

How To Restore Hdd To Origional State?
« on: March 16, 2003, 08:53:05 AM »

I want to get on and d/l Kola Cell, dammit =]

With the origional HD, I installed EvoX (for some reason, don't ask).  I cannot remember if I unlocked it or not?  Are you able to access the drive via EvoX/FTP if it's locked?  I tried ATAPWD.exe, but I got a readout of +'s and -'s that the tutorial said my mobo didn't like the drive and couldn't lock/unlock it.  This is verified w/ HDDlock.

Assuming I have a blank origional drive, what do I need to do to get it back to the origional state so as I can reinstall my LIVE account?

The main question is:  is there any other way to know if my drive is locked or unlocked?

shanafan

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 03:15:56 PM »

Are you banned from Live? If you are, reformatting your HD won't solve your problems

Run Configmagic to find out if your HD is locked or if you have a switch on your modchip, just turn it off and see if your Xbox boots. If it does, then your HD is locked.

Check the usual places for a virgin HD

reinier0616

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:07:36 AM »

ei guys, need help...

its like this, when i turn on my xbox, nothing show up. the tv is blank and there is no sound. i never opened the xbox or anything. it just stopped working something like that. but it can be turned on. maybe the HDD is corrupted or something coz i have not used my xbox for months...

how can i restore it to its original state or default? plz... need help.

if there is any cd needed i must download to restore it, pls link it to me... thankz...  sad.gif

and specially, it wont boot... the tv is blank and no sound...

Edited by reinier0616, 16 August 2007 - 07:09 PM.

TheMuffinMan

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 01:25:45 PM »

Completely wrong place, you have what's called a coma console.

Do a search on the forums for it, there's a few fixes out.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 16 queries.