xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unmodded Xbox Error Code 16  (Read 552 times)

kenkudaki

• Archived User
Unmodded Xbox Error Code 16
« on: May 23, 2003, 11:25:00 AM »

smile.gif

2) Would you rather waste $12 or $179?  I guess it's not a hard decision from my point of view....

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 11:40:00 AM »

You could have just stuck a paperclip (or pin) into the DVD Drive release hole to get it out. It's that hole right under the right side of the DVD Tray.

That would get the game out with no questions asked, but you would still probably have the Error code (depending on the cause). However, with the warranty, this could have easily been fixed.

OUberLord

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 12:10:00 PM »

"16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)"

I agree, its a dashboard error, all of which are easily fixed if you have a modchip and a dashboard boot disc.

Saganaki

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 12:12:00 PM »

Yeh i saw the hole for the paper clip and tried it but didn't have much luck.  So i figured the warranty was expired so it wouldn't hurt opening it.  Never heard of a place refusing to repair a gaming system for a fee if it has been opened.

So i am thinking a SOLDERLESS modchip any recomendations?  And I will need a place to get instructions to restore my orginal dashboard.  Might mess with the more advanced features/dashboard replacements of the mod chip once i get a DVD burner and can take advantage of it

cyrusuncc

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

interesting that the dashboard got corrupted... is this common on unmodded xboxes?  or a better question would be, how did it get corrupted..

i would not rule out that maybe your hd has failed or has bad sectors....

kenkudaki

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 02:23:00 PM »

Not true.  I just got an 80GB maxtor HD for $30, and Sunday I'm getting a 120GB HD for $40.  Details are on www.fatwallet.com.  

$40+$12=Modded Xbox with huge hard drive=MUCH better than new storebought....

Saganaki

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 04:46:00 PM »

Where is a cheap place to get a modchip? And is the Matrix cheap a good modchip?  If i have to install another Hard Drive will that affect my ability to log on to live?