xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Flashbios 3.0.3 "unauthorized"  (Read 842 times)

shepd

Flashbios 3.0.3 "unauthorized"
« on: December 27, 2004, 02:28:53 PM »

So I finally got a v1.6b in my hands for more than 5 minutes.  I finally found the patches shallax made to cromwell and I merged them in.  I believe this is what Team Xecuter did for their 3.0.3 release to get it working on v1.6b, and without their source, I can't be sure.  But in any event, I'm naming this unauhorized release 3.0.3.

This flashBIOS works with MANY, MANY, MANY chips (I think there's about 100 definitions in the source now).  I also threw in the EEPROMs pointed out to me by Bayshido (thanks!), meaning this BIOS has good EEPROMs for all versions 1.0 - v1.6.  Now you should be able to emergency fix all XBOXes.  I have no idea how good these EEPROMs are because I haven't had a reason to do an EEPROM repair for a long time, so most definately YMMV.

I wouldn't be surprised if this diff'ed quite similar to the source for the DuoX FlashBIOS edition chip.   tongue.gif

If you aren't comfortable destroying the data in your EEPROM, don't select the EEPROM flash option!  It's there as a last resort for people who have corrupted their EEPROMs and can't fix them any other way.

Please enjoy this release, I know it's made me quite happy.   biggrin.gif

As usual, source:

http://www.soiledbin...horized.tar.bz2

Binary:

http://www.soiledbin...rized/image.bin

bucko

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 04:07:07 PM »

GREAT WORK, sure it will come in usefull. beerchug.gif

Bayshido

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 03:58:15 AM »

I'm goin to flash it add night so i will be back with a replay.
And thnx shepd . beerchug.gif

Edited by Bayshido, 28 December 2004 - 12:59 PM.

Bayshido

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 04:21:30 PM »

hihaaaaaaaaaaa it's working M8  cool.gif  beerchug.gif  good job shepd
So now you have it all beerchug.gif
I'm just so happy  tongue.gif

Edited by Bayshido, 29 December 2004 - 01:22 AM.

luketoh

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

Hi Shepd,

Works great!  Thanks for the hard work!

luketoh

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 01:38:24 AM »

Hi Shepd,

Just wondering, on my 4:3 TV, the boot screen seems stretched over to the right.  Is there some tweak or settings to make it fit?

Also, you may want to mod the network flash screen when viewed on the PC, so that it's more inline with it running on cheapmods. smile.gif

dcmad

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 05:10:09 AM »

nice work m8, cant get the links to work though sad.gif

DcMaD

shepd

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2004, 08:35:15 AM »

Thanks for all the support and testing guys!  beerchug.gif

Just wondering, on my 4:3 TV, the boot screen seems stretched over to the right. Is there some tweak or settings to make it fit?

I've had the same thing happen.  The result seems dependent on the video encoder.  I still don't understand why.  Sometimes it is stretched vertically too, or the text seems smaller.  It always ended up working, so for now I'm letting sleeping dogs lie.  Perhaps there's another patch in the main cromwell source I'll come across that I can squeeze in, though.  smile.gif

Also, you may want to mod the network flash screen when viewed on the PC, so that it's more inline with it running on cheapmods.

Yeah, last time I used it it looked odd.  I forgot all about that for this release.  I'll fix it up next time.  Thanks!

nice work m8, cant get the links to work though

My ISP is dirt cheap, but that comes at a price of not always being able to get from point A to point B (or back!).  I have a second link that's slower but more reliable.  I'll throw the files up there later tomorrow.

Thanks again!

luketoh

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 10:19:54 AM »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to report a case where the 3.03 didn't work for me.  I just did a mod today on a 1.6 (Samsung rams) and it couldn't boot up.  The eject light blinks green, nothing on the screen.  Couldn't boot to ms bios either.

So I swapped out the DuoX2 chip with another that I've flashed with M8_16+ and it worked.  That chip that had the 3.03 that didn't work, I put it onto a ver 1.3 machine and it worked.

My conclusion is that in this case, the 3.03 didn't boot up on this particular ver 1.6a machine.  I'll monitor the situation for other 1.6a machines.

Just FYI.  (nope, didn't try 2.70)

wildjoker788

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 08:59:05 PM »

This is the best, had a 1.6a  with a completly f*ed eeprom. now playing halo2 on it once again.

My Many Thanks to You...

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

shepd

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2004, 02:24:19 AM »

BOO!  I have just had the same problem as luketoh!  sad.gif

Seems I can't have it both ways, with v1.6 original & v1.6b support in the same BIOS.  I will make a v1.6 supported release of this BIOS later, along with having a second server for the files.

My older BIOSes did boot though.  Use them for now if you get a black screen.

Thanks for all the support again, anyways.

Edited by shepd, 31 December 2004 - 11:25 AM.

luketoh

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2004, 06:44:46 AM »

Hi Shepd,

I'm using the DuoX2 chips now, so I guess I'll put 1 bank with 2.70 and the other with 3.03 smile.gif

tranhgiang

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2004, 05:49:04 PM »

I used it to restore my eeprom, work wonderful. I always put bank 1 with 3.0.1 official in case of trouble and it proved that I'm not wrong. (V1.6, Xecuter 2.6).

Thanks shepd
beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

stevenb01

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 04:11:10 PM »

shepd, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!  Thank you for rescuing my 'box!!  (V1.6, Xecuter 2.6).

-Steve

an01523

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 04:47:00 AM »

thanks! it works! i just flashed a destroyed EEPROM on a v1.1 Xbox with this Flashbios v3.0.3. Now it is working again!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 16 queries.