xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony clarifies Americans aren't 'cheap,' but U.S. labor is  (Read 449 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Sony clarifies Americans aren't 'cheap,' but U.S. labor is
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »

Was waiting for them to put out their "fix it" statement. Now we're not cheap according to them, just $%&^ing poor.  sad.gif  I expected it to be better than that.

halofun121

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »

Poor? What a bunch of assholes. We have the largest economy in the world! Add that to the fact that sales tax in some parts of Europe are at insane levels from what I hear from some of my friends.

Aerok

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(halofun121 @ Mar 27 2007, 08:09 PM) View Post

Poor? What a bunch of assholes. We have the largest economy in the world! Add that to the fact that sales tax in some parts of Europe are at insane levels from what I hear from some of my friends.

Taxes being higher does not mean the country is poorer. Higher taxes means more services provided by the gvernment such as free healthcare and cheaper post-secondary education. Yes, USA has the biggest economy but let's not also forget how the seperation of rich and poor is really big. China has one of the biggest economy, are the Chinese rich? A rich country doesn't always mean rich people. I'm sorry but you're the asshole here.

halofun121

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Aerok @ Mar 27 2007, 02:13 PM) View Post

Taxes being higher does not mean the country is poorer. Higher taxes means more services provided by the gvernment such as free healthcare and cheaper post-secondary education. Yes, USA has the biggest economy but let's not also forget how the seperation of rich and poor is really big. China has one of the biggest economy, are the Chinese rich? A rich country doesn't always mean rich people. I'm sorry but you're the asshole here.

You are right in a few of the things you say and my wording may have been a bit confusing. I apologize for that.

Higher taxes does not always mean more services provided by the government. In fact, it seems that in some cases higher taxes are used by the government to do more of what they want, and not what the people want. Again, being taken advantage of.

For example, here in New Jersey, the sales tax was recently raised from 6% to 7%. More services you say? I have seen nothing come out of this raise that benefits us.

I apologize if you are from a European country and you may have taken offense to that. But I take offense to what Sony has said about us over the past few days. Making fun of a market is no way to garner consumers. Especially the USA, which is a gigantic one.

asoftlad

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

Let's clear this up for the yanks.

Blah, blah, blah, blah...

Who said freedom of speech was dead?

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »

^^WHATEVER^^

The point is when you are trying to sell something you don't call a huge portion of your customer base names.

DUH mad.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(asoftlad @ Mar 27 2007, 05:28 PM) View Post
Let's clear this up for the yanks.

You're the richest nation on the planet, in the top three for carbon emissions in the world who constantly flout kyoto and what solution is Dubya in favour of?
Increasing daylight saving by an hour as a costless way of reducing emissions.
If that isnt cheap I'm at a loss at to what is.
My only consolation is that Ray didnt have to eat his words and someone else apologised on behalf of Sony.
Until the gung ho,inept and poorly trained military personnel are held accountable for the murder of friendly British soldiers and journalists, then finally wake up to their complacent arrogance and attrocities commitied in their name i for one am all in favour of offending the pompous and delicate sensibilities of the american public. The US would do well to remember who their allies are, this applies to the silence shown to the kidnapped British sailors by Iranians.
As much as I sympathise with those on the extreme end of the rich/poor divide. it's your national ideology that's flawed and until that's addressed those people will remain in a quagmire.

Who said freedom of speech was dead?
WTF?
Go post your crap here:
http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=73

Nobody in this section wants to read your babble.

bluie

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ Mar 28 2007, 12:06 AM) View Post

^^WHATEVER^^

The point is when you are trying to sell something you don't call a huge portion of your customer base names.

DUH mad.gif

I think we all can agree on the validity on that statement, regardless how true or false you feel those names are.
And furthermore that bringing in the Iraq-war, the Kyoto-protocol, etc etc in this discussion will lead nowhere.

This is from my european point of view.

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 04:03:00 AM »

Well, I know I'm too cheap to buy a PS3... And I'm American, so I guess he's at least 1/~300,000,000 right ohmy.gif

Ninja Sniper X

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(gainpresence @ Mar 28 2007, 03:10 AM) View Post

Well, I know I'm too cheap to buy a PS3... And I'm American, so I guess he's at least 1/~300,000,000 right ohmy.gif

Make that 2/~300,000,000, too damn expensive for me.

asoftlad

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(bluie @ Mar 28 2007, 06:59 AM) View Post

furthermore bringing in the Iraq-war, the Kyoto-protocol, etc etc in this discussion will lead nowhere.

Well said, although forgive me if I'm wry. A pointless diatribe that falls on deaf ears pretty much cancels out an article that is by no stretch of the imagination "newsworthy".
The most laudible thing is someone from 1up approached Sony to "prove him wrong".

"lets not turn this into a political thread"
read up everyone else allready did.

Life's good, this is living.

Nytemunkey

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »

^I agree. Minimum wage isnt to blame. We COULD bring in a more valid idea like US citizen "buying power" (which for us is the lowest in 30 years) But we won't talk about this.

Fact is sony has no place to say such things. They arent social scientists, they are another greedy corporation. Instead of taking back the comment they make themselves bigger a holes, good job sony.

Maybe US citizens are just smarter? I have a 360 Premium that is cheaper and as good as if not better than the PS3. Why would I pay $600? Well I did pay 600, for a 360 AND Wii.

And yes I know all about the PS3 as I had one for a while, I can show you the pic w/ it next to my Wii and 360 under the HDTV.

Smarter techwise and or price conscious, YES. Cheap or poor, NO.