xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thompson Dvd Broken Connector  (Read 196 times)

CeREaL

• Archived User
Thompson Dvd Broken Connector
« on: June 16, 2003, 04:28:00 PM »

ok heres a tough one :| haha i hope its easy to fix if its possible lol ok the ide connector or whatever its called where the grey cord goes into the dvd has a broken pin, i know theres a gap already there but theres also a pin taht was broken off somehow and thats why my dvd player hasnt been working so if theres any possible way! I MEAN ANY way i can fix it tell me! and dont tell me to buy another one cuz i cant at the moment :'( seeing how im unemployed and 16 :S lol

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 11:27:00 PM »

wink.gif

ps, if this is a thompson drive, I've got a dead one I'd let you have to snag the connector off of, presuming you need it, just pay shipping...

bb07

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 11:29:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

frenzal_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »

sounds bad, maybe try soldering? dont know if it'll be any helpful tho.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 11:48:00 PM »

If you can disassemble it without breaking it, you can pull the ide connector off of another device and solder it in place... A lot of work, might be easier to upgrade to a Sammy!

CeREaL

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 08:01:00 PM »

yeah that confirms it haha im going to buya  sammy does anyone know any webshops that sells sammys at a reasonable price and ships to canada? please lemme know and thanks for all the help

Darkflame

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »

smile.gif i've had my floppy drive working for 5 years doing this and it's still going, but each time you remove the ide cable, you'll have to pull out the staple and reseat it so when you put it back on, the ide connector on the drive will make contact and push it in....

when you change drives, use another ide cable. as the staples thickness might have put some stretch strain on the ide's female connector.