xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The ��ber Xbe Exploit� Aka Uxe  (Read 1271 times)

'dokworm'

NULL
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2004, 01:50:35 AM »

'
                So pedros, any idea of a release date? I wanna know if I can update my nephew's xbox next week on my one day in New Zealand.

Cheers

-Worm

'

'ariaone'

NULL
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2004, 02:26:21 AM »

'
                awesome job  smile.gif  Finaly its here  tongue.gif  

'

'mkjones'

NULL
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2004, 03:04:40 AM »

'
                Well done guys  beerchug.gif  another good week for softmodding smile.gif

Its amazing how alive the scene has become in the past few months, I though when Morden left we would be screwed  biggrin.gif

I would love to hear the details of the hack, if you get time send me a PM with some details wink.gif

Also if ya need help/testing just send us a PM or email smile.gif  

'

'Australian Rat'

NULL
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2004, 03:36:39 AM »

'
                Might have missed something but I thought Live 3 was already out.  They kept boasting about having it on RS3: Black Arrow.  I'm not live though so I don't know.

'

'JimmyGoon'

NULL
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2004, 04:51:50 AM »

'
                Please. I am dying for this to come out.

LISTEN! THOUGH!

Wait ... please WAIT until after Halo 2.

For all of ours sake!

Its only another month or so. ITS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!

Just wait.... on month ... and have a mod that works for a lifetime or release it now and have one that dies out in a month..........  dry.gif  

'

'Tsjibbe'

NULL
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2004, 05:03:48 AM »

'
               '

'mkjones'

NULL
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2004, 05:32:38 AM »

'
                People, please, stop being so parraniod  cool.gif

Im sure the exploit will be released "when its done" and M$ wont give a huge crap about it tongue.gif

'

'OliG'

NULL
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2004, 05:41:41 AM »

'
                I agree, and without releasing it and keeping it in the top drawer will only  slow down testing.
I know its cool, especialy for the PAL user (like me) but stressing over when H2 is released is pointless. Deal with it if it happens.

OliG

Good work though from everybody involved.

'

'fghjj'

NULL
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2004, 05:44:24 AM »

'
                I also very highly doubt that MS sees the softmod scene as a big threat. I remember a frontpage poll with x0000 votes and only 4% of the modders used it. Sure, the dash and kernel programmer group fix their mistakes when they get the chance, but a company-wide priority?

'

'yodanut'

NULL
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2004, 06:20:48 AM »

'
                I think the idea that this exploit should be delayed until after Halo 2 is well founded, particularly in light of the Star Wars disc incident. It's one thing for MS to update the dash via your online service whenever you try to log on to Xbox Live, but if they were to place an executable on the disc that automatically launches whenever you try to run the game and upgrades your dashboard to a non-exploitable version it would be quite a problem. The former scenario allows us to play Halo 2 in some fashion and retain our exploits, the latter doesn't. If they wanted to they could kill all the exploits available now with their most anticipated release on Nov 9. Shouldn't we keep something underneath our sleeves until then?

Of course, this assumes that this exploit is different enough from those available thus far that this actually makes a difference. I don't know that.

And BTW, though MS may recognize that exploiters are the smallest group in the Xbox mod-scene community, they probably recognize that they're the easiest to get rid of and patch up. I wouldn't put anything past them.

'

'Chicken Scratch Boy'

NULL
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2004, 07:20:35 AM »

'
               '

'goggins'

NULL
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2004, 07:25:37 AM »

'
                I can't wait to have this exploit in my hands. I currently have an open xbox in my room that's waiting for it. It's a 1.5 with the 5713 kernel that I want to soft-mod/tsop flash. I need this exploit! Is there a gamesave exploit that works with 5713+ kernels?

Please don't wait long to release it!

'

'Slrpgeit'

NULL
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2004, 07:54:23 AM »

'
                is this the "surprise" for the files i sent a few months ago?

'

'triggernum5'

NULL
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2004, 08:17:43 AM »

'
                I'm pretty sure its already too late for MS and the H2 release date..  I mean how much time does it take to re-engineer a game, debug it, press and ship it..  Even if it was possible to do that quickly, it would be waay to expensive to be feasible..

'

'total_ass'

NULL
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2004, 08:27:07 AM »

'
                fuck it. release it now and show MS that you can overcome anything that they throw at you.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

if they do 'fix' it then i bet it would be a week or two and another exploit 'fix' would blow it out of the water.
if they were gonna use a game to eliminate exploits then i would have thought it would have been done by now.

'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 16 queries.