xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The New Phantom Video  (Read 588 times)

muerte

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

wink.gif

Softco

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2003, 07:56:00 PM »

oswald

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

Keito-Kun

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

Phantom is mystical. I wonder what kind of thingy it'll be.

Blind_Samurai

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2003, 01:09:00 PM »

ph34r.gif   ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

skabio

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2003, 02:40:00 PM »

Sounds like Mr Roberts is taking over companies then over hyping them to get investors to fork out a bunch of money so he can hide some away.  Then waiting 6 months until it goes under and starting again.  Looks like a great deal unless your an investor or consumer.

EvilWays

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2003, 06:46:00 PM »

Ok...let's think about this for a second. What the fuck will a measly $25 million do for mass producing/marketing a video game console? M$ sunk $500 million into the Xbox manufacturing/marketing/etc. machine, and I'm sure that Nintendo and Sony did at least high 8 figures in the same situation for their respective systems (and are most likely gearing up to do so again for the next-gen consoles)...

Simple economics says this is bullshit and that Tim Roberts is blowing smoke up everyone's ass.

EvilWays

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2003, 12:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (potissimus @ Sep 22 2003, 06:06 AM)
considering the Phantom is really just a PC.

So is the Xbox...

And as for the video game console market, it's all or nothing...M$ realized that (which is why they stuck half a billion dollars into the Xbox). The software titles are the niche markets (FPS, sports, etc.)

And what about quality assurance? How about demoing a freaking actual prototype instead of the smoke and mirrors bullshit with the 3D representation pictures? I personally think the console will live up to the name....phantom.

GREGWILLRULEYOU

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2003, 04:01:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif ) then you can download pc games threw it to play on the tv.it would make since seeing as you cant just go to bestbuy and pick one up you have to order it online to be made like a normal pc would be put together.that all it is to me

Ronnie

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2003, 01:24:00 PM »

Does anyone remember the Linux console?I saw one of the games and the system itself and it looked like it was going to come out but of course it never did.If linux cant get into the console arena then no lame ass company like this one will.

i.stole.this.name

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2003, 06:09:00 AM »

That was different...the Indrema console didn't make into the market because they didn't have enough investor money, although they had a working prototype before the company folded.

no hun, indrema was a scam, but they did better than this one

LordTrace

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2003, 09:25:00 PM »

if it does come out and it has good game ill be very pissed since

"all games will be downloaded via broadband connect"

My fuckin gay ass isp wont let me download anymore. i cant see the games being very small and im only alowed 6 gigs down a month or i lose my conection. they busted me first at like 60g gave me a warning then at 120g they cut me off and waited for me to call them so they could bitch and tell me one more time and i off for good

that shit is weak

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2003, 09:48:00 PM »

isps who cap people are stupid if you pay 50$ a month you should get as much bandwith as you want hopefully they will crack this "Phantom" so we can install windows on it and use it as a REAL pc that would be kick ass since its 3 ghz 100gb HD and 256mb ram ram sucks though plus tv out wireless kb and mouse and gamepad

slappy00

• Archived User
The New Phantom Video
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2003, 05:28:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

This wont happen the guy who runs the joint is a crook too look at the article on hardocp

/edit just read their spec sheet

they do mention a few companies, wonder what Nvidia has to say and notice they still dont say who is the manuf of the motherboard. I find it funny that MS couldnt come to an agreement with Nvidia aobut GPUs but this company can? Also I have not heard anything from Nvidia in reference to this chipset... Finally why woudl they use the windows kernal? Linux sems like a more economical solution for me. I still think this is BS
Pages: 1 [2]