xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 1080i Looks Terrible On Dell 2001fp Lcd + X2vga  (Read 259 times)

'Kid-Nicarus'

NULL
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2004, 10:01:26 PM »

'
                Hey guys, I have the same setup, dell 2001 fp and x2vga+ but i'm getting really jagged edge in my games. I hooked it up to my old crt monitor to set the video mode to 480 (i couldnt get 480i to display on the fp) and I switched it back to my fp once I was done and it looks really fugly. I looked at the screens you guys posted and they looked great. Any ideas? Thanx - Nick

'

'catgut'

NULL
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2004, 06:35:41 AM »

'
                You're the second person to complain of excess jaggies on this setup.

Like I said before, you *will* notice some more jagginess due to the extreme sharpness of progressive mode.  A lot of game designers rely on composite/svideo pixels bleeding into each other to do some of their anti-aliasing for them.

I'd never call it fugly though, everyone who has seen my setup thinks it looks great.  Anyway you can get some digi-cam shots of your "fugly" screens so we can see what's going on?

'

'ORGANIC_PEPSI'

NULL
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2004, 07:00:20 AM »

'
                 biggrin.gif well the thing is i can post some screenshots of how halo looks on my x2vga..but it looks totaly different from what i see on the screen.all the mega jaggies are gone,lol laugh.gif  i wish the picture qaulity is that good

'

'catgut'

NULL
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2004, 07:26:06 AM »

'
                So this camera you use to take screenshots, it doesn't capture the same thing you see with your eyes?

Does this camera take pictures from another dimension or something?  blink.gif  

'

'chris1712'

NULL
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2004, 07:29:58 AM »

'
                hes talking about screenshotting direct source. Its like if you printscreen with your monitor on uber high brightness, the printscreen will always be the correct brightness, the monitor gets the signal then fiddles. Same thing is happening to him, its just the fact like catgut said, AA on xbox plop, because the low res of tv does it for you, But  putting it into uber crisp mode you can see more of the jaggies.

'

'catgut'

NULL
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2004, 07:36:12 AM »

'
                So what's preventing him from taking an image of the actual monitor display?

'

'ORGANIC_PEPSI'

NULL
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2004, 09:05:49 AM »

'
                well the glare of the display makes jaggies almost invisble.if u take a screenshot from an xdk its a different story  

'

'catgut'

NULL
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2004, 09:08:39 AM »

'
                '

'chris1712'

NULL
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2004, 10:33:50 AM »

'
                Can anyone tell me the audio output on the x2vga+? Is it like a 3.5mm jack which i can split into 2xrca and plug into my stereo, or is there only digital out?

'

'Physick'

NULL
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2004, 11:19:54 AM »

'
                I do not like LCDS because the contrast ratios are low.  Usually 600:1 or lower.  CRTs are in the tens of thousands.  My DLP projector is 2000:1.  LCD monitors do not show true blacks because the backlight still shines thru.  It also washes out certain colors.

'

'chris1712'

NULL
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2004, 11:29:39 AM »

'
                yeah but they look so damn cool! I to didnt want a TFT, but because of ghosting due to higher response times. This has a response time of 16ms which im told is 100% fine, i had a look at contrast ratios and they dont annoy me much, ill just fiddle with settings.

'

'Kid-Nicarus'

NULL
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2004, 01:12:20 PM »

'
                Tonight when it gets dark i'll turn off the lights in my room and take some screenshots for you guys to check out how it looks on my screen. The two games I played in 720p looked amazing! But when a game only uses 480p (which is most games) it looks awful. Im sure it has to do with the native resolution for the 2001 fp is 1600X1200 and when it has to stretch the image on that giant screen it looks terrible. Its definetly playable but the whole point of buying this adapter was to have uber sharp playback. Im thinking of making some desk space and hooking up my old crt monitor up to it. It looks a helluva alot better, but the two games that i own that run in 720 look awesome. Do you guys know of anyway to stretch the screen so it doesnt use the entire monitor? Thnx - Nick  

'

'chris1712'

NULL
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2004, 03:48:21 PM »

'
                im pretty sure the 2001fp has different zoom levels, fiddle with the osd a bit.

'

'chris1712'

NULL
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2004, 03:04:52 AM »

'
                well i got my 2001fp today, and im thoroughly impressed. The picture is so crisp in windows and in games etc. It even interpolates quite well in games, xbox thorugh s-video is certainly playable but the lack of audio is very annoying. My cable has s-video and 2xrca right next to each other so the audio does not reach my stereo. Hopefully the x2vga will sort that out, what are the audio outputs!!! It kinda looks like a 3.5mm headphone jack. Any help??

'

'funboy6942'

NULL
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2004, 02:03:18 PM »

'
                I got mine yesterday and right away did the hex hack to get my dash and my dvd player to run in 480P instead of "I"
My question to you all is what do you have your dip switches set at. Right now all are at default off. Is there a better setting? And where can I get hex edits for some of my games so they will play in progressive? I mean if there is a way I guess I will have to break down and get a larger HDD and figure out how to get my games to it.

Edited by funboy6942, 07 September 2004 - 10:06 PM.

'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 16 queries.