xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Split Video To Multiple Screens  (Read 623 times)

bruteostrich

Split Video To Multiple Screens
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2005, 06:42:26 AM »

Ok, here is a good hardware box.  Wish these companies would give at least a ballpark on price.  UX Stretcher

kingsfan

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2005, 06:01:53 PM »

Hi everyone, this is my first post so I apologize in advance if this is something I should have already discovered on my own.....I did want to say thank you to all of you who are willing to share your time and experience with others.

O.K. my question relates to hardware setup in relation to multi-player games. Is there some type of hardware set-up/software configuration that will allow two players to each have their own screen (no splits) when playing a multiplayer game with one console? I think it would be great to have 2, or even 4 tv's hooked up, each with their own screen playing through one game console. It sure would help around my home to keep the "you peeked" accusations out of the arguments!

Be forewarned I am only slightly above idiot status. More of a solid dufus than an idiot.

Thanks to anyone in advance for your replies.

gerzand

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2005, 08:01:21 PM »

hey its been awhile since my last post, so i figured i'd try and help you out.

In reference to being able to use 1 console to divide/split up each section of a 2, 3, or 4 player game: It's not possible, both from a software standpoint on the xbox and current available video hardware on the market.

HOWEVER.... there is a piece of video equipment you can purchase over the net called a 4 way video Multiplexer. This box will take up to 4 video imputs from seperate sources and combine them to be displayed in 1 screen. This is VERY useful to use all of the "real estate" on per say, a 100'' wall projected image. A very nice feature of many of these multiplexers is that they can display the inputs in any order, strectch, or position layout you'd like.

Hope this helps.  beerchug.gif

Mr Ed

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2005, 06:46:03 AM »

Merged same question by kingsfan  dry.gif

anvil82

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2005, 12:21:55 PM »

Doesn't anyone realize that when you play split screen each players part of the screen is NOT 4:3 any more.

Even if you split the image to two displays it will NOT fill both displays.

So you'd be wasting screen space anyways.

The only benefit would be that the other player could not see your screen as well.

Not to mention your field of view sucks playing split screen vs full screen, so enlarging a small field of view doesn't help much.

kingsfan

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2005, 12:33:16 PM »

sorry that I missed the previous threads, it does seem though that many people think this is desirable and was wondering if this could possibly have been addressed in the 360?

twistedsymphony

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2005, 08:23:11 AM »

QUOTE(kingsfan @ Jul 10 2005, 03:44 PM)
sorry that I missed the previous threads, it does seem though that many people think this is desirable and was wondering if this could possibly have been addressed in the 360?

View Post

I believe the reason most people want this is simply because they're looking for a CHEAPER replacement for System link.

The fact remains that it requires hefty, expensive equipment. Even if the 360 were to include dual video outs... it would drive the price up a fair amount. Not to mention the graphical quality of the game would degrade because you're splitting the systems resources across multiple displays (anyone who's played a PC game on a multi monitor system will probably tell you that their frame rate goes to complete crap).

System link will almost ALWAYS provide the best picture at the lowest price... Probably the smallest amount of space too... those video wall demultiplexers take up about as much as another console or two.

von_braun

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2005, 05:22:21 PM »

Now this idea may seem quite trivial, and it may have even been brought up b4.
and if so im sorry i wanted your time.
its just an idea:
At stores like best buy they have a wall of tvs working together to display one signal, well what if there a device that did that but on a smaller consumer scale with just 2-4 out puts.
Mainly for 4 player split screen games like halo, so that each person could be on there own tv.
does such a device exist?, what is the exact name of this process?

Helios

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2005, 12:17:54 AM »

Well its HIGHLY unlikely. It just simply will NOT work.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 15 queries.