xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Split Video To Multiple Screens  (Read 625 times)

Trevante

Split Video To Multiple Screens
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2005, 10:39:06 AM »

No, you can't split a mutliplayer game to display a different player's screen on 4 different screens... that would require the Xbox to output 4 different video signals, which I'm pretty sure it can't do.

Mr Ed

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2005, 02:22:48 PM »

Merged identical thread by Blabley.

Blabley

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2005, 10:02:52 AM »

cheers Mr Ed, did think somebody would have asked it on here some where before smile.gif

Shame this might be able to be done sad.gif let us know if anybody else has some more ideas

Edited by Blabley, 23 January 2005 - 07:03 PM.

th6kai

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2005, 04:22:16 PM »

Basically, I didnt know where i would find something like this but I think it would be possible.  Does anyone know if and how it could be done?  To set up 2 T.V. sets or 4 or whatever to play multi-player games like THUG or Unreal Championship, so that where the splits screen is, it displays on the other T.V., so that people cant look at ur screen.  I think this would be tight.

Foe-hammer

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2005, 04:27:36 PM »

It's possible, but every TV will have the same split screen as the other and the max players will still be 4; your just duplicating the image on the one xbox to 2 TV's.

In order to have your own screen you'll need your own xbox and tube, and the only way to play more then 4 people is to have more then one xbox and tube.  Or.......get xbox live or tunneling software (XBC, XLink).

Mr Ed

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2005, 04:54:54 PM »

Merged an identical thread by th6kai.

You need "video wall" hardware.  It's all explained/discussed earlier in this thread.  Expect to pay about $3,000 USD for the splitter not including the monitors.

Edited by Mr Ed, 24 February 2005 - 01:55 AM.

Jason J

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2005, 12:05:13 AM »

guys is there a way i can get a 2 player game to display on two tv's with player one on the one screen and player two on the other from one x box??? or do ineed another x box to make it work?
cheers
Jason

X_Destruction

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2005, 01:39:36 AM »

Yeah, you need another box to make it work, it's called 'system link'.

Jason J

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2005, 03:40:33 AM »

yeah i know you can do it by system link i was wondering if anyone had found a way to do it on one x box into two screens with a player on each.
cheers

ferrari_rulz_02

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2005, 05:06:38 AM »

QUOTE(Jason J @ Mar 12 2005, 09:46 PM)
yeah i know you can do it by system link i was wondering if anyone had found a way to do it on one x box into two screens with a player on each.

cheers

View Post

well, no, it cant be done. it would have to be somethign written into the game, and teh xbox doesnt have two seperate video outputs

stick to system link my friend

Jason J

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2005, 06:09:34 AM »

thanks for the reply now i just need to figure how to get another x box in the car!

Mr Ed

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2005, 10:57:18 PM »

Merged identical topic by Jason J.   dry.gif

Jason J

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2005, 11:48:29 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Ed @ Mar 13 2005, 06:03 AM)
Merged identical topic by Jason J.   dry.gif

View Post

sorry i did search obviously not for the right thing.

Jason

imagenius

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2005, 01:23:08 AM »

QUOTE(Dolfhin @ Nov 11 2004, 11:26 AM)
I've recently seen a project from a guy to build a cheap videowall it basicly works like this :

A computer

2 Dualhead Matrox carts (2x4 DVI Connections)

8 x LCD screen (computer)

and you have your own videowall! How ever this is not what we want but it's a begin. Let's start by taking a video capture cart and input the xbox video signal to that. Then we need a cart (or carts) with Video out's. Find a way to edit the incomming image in real time and a way to output the edited image to two Tv's and you are set!

Costs of this :

Close to 500 bucks withouth any software to edit the Xbox video in realtime.

Ebay Xbox : 90 (?) Bucks

Link Cable : Free

View Post

Earlier in the thread Dolfhin mentioned a computer acting as a videowall. Here is my idea based on that which would cost much less than the stuff Mr. Ed was talking about.

First build a pc with a motherboard that has PCI Express. AFAIK PCI Express is at least as fast as AGP thus allowing you to have two AGP speed video cards as apposed to one AGP card and one regular PCI card. So you put in 2 dualhead PCI Express video cards with decent memory totalling 4 outputs, one for each seat. Then you also put in a video input card with S-Video support to connect the xbox with decent video quality. Set the screens up in a quare configuration in windows and play the realtime output from the xbox "fullscreen" across all screens.

This only allows for 4 player games which most likely won't be happening all the time because the driver needs to drive smile.gif but it's like 3:30 in the morning and I'll think about this more tomorrow. I think that with some changes to the screen resolutions and the screen matrix configuration it should be possible to play three and two player games with one player in the front playing and either one or two people playing in back each on their own screen.

bruteostrich

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2005, 06:23:46 AM »

Here is a possible solution, still looking for pricing.  There has to be a simple box that will do this with composite video.  Then it would be possible.  Dido Jr
Also, here is a pc card that will do it. Pc Card

Edited by bruteostrich, 13 March 2005 - 03:29 PM.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 14 queries.