xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Xbox As Tivo? Recording From Tv To Xbox  (Read 622 times)

Bizquick

Xbox As Tivo? Recording From Tv To Xbox
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2005, 09:59:40 PM »

yeah that would take a USB 2.0 controller chip to get 2.0. and I think the 733mhz Celron on a ATA-100 Controller and 100mhz bus can't run USB 2.0 Not unless it was a ADD on card and last I check there where no PCI slots in a Xbox. So I think that would be very unlikely to see. Also you have to be totaly right the usb 1.1 or 1.0 port would be too slow to get the data. Also video capture quality would be crapy too. It would be less expensive to invest in a DVR unit that has a HD in it. and just use that. you could then burn the tv stuff that you liked to disc. I've seen a DVDR unit with a HD for about 250.00 maybe a little less it was at costco.  it only had a 80 gig drive in it. but I think you could find away to expand that or some crap alot easyer than trying these other Ideas.  But if you really want to figure out how to make your xbox a TVIO box. I would think you would need a diffrent type of modchip that would use its on video encoder to it could revrse the signal on demand. and last I check not a single group would consider looking into this Idea.

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2005, 08:49:49 AM »

626@g-unit.com

well guys i just wanted to know:
                                            the cable from the xbx to the tv , on the rear side of the xbx , is written "video/audio output/input" i want to know is this means that the xbox is able to rip tv (a modded xbx) well if you know something about this or you know how to do this or if you know that this is impossible please tell me because i want to know wink.gif
my msn is 626@g-unit.com
if you want to contact me that way
thanks smile.gif

leeloo5

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2005, 09:56:41 AM »

I'm almost certain you cant.  The xbox wasn't designed with a video input, just like most PC video cards aren't.  You can't just tell the system to do it.  Since they'd never want you to do this, i'm sure you cant, just like you cant burn DVDs to the xbox, since it doesn't have a dvdr or cdr even though so many people for some reason think you should be able to do that.

oh and btw:  you also cant emulate the ps2 or cube on an xbox.

JaredC01

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2005, 10:30:06 AM »

QUOTE(626 @ Aug 28 2005, 11:00 AM)
626@g-unit.com

well guys i just wanted to know:

the cable from the xbx to the tv , on the rear side of the xbx , is written "video/audio output/input" i want to know is this means that the xbox is able to rip tv (a modded xbx) well if you know something about this or you know how to do this or if you know that this is impossible please tell me because i want to know wink.gif

my msn is 626@g-unit.com

if you want to contact me that way

thanks smile.gif

View Post

Not possible.  The xbox has a video encoder to convert the xbox signals into usable video.  It does not have any type of input chip.  The only possible way to get anything like that to work, would be to get a USB capture card, and put linux on your xbox.  If you could get the drivers in linux, then you could, in theory, get it to work.

QUOTE(leeloo5 @ Aug 28 2005, 12:07 PM)
I'm almost certain you cant.  The xbox wasn't designed with a video input, just like most PC video cards aren't.  You can't just tell the system to do it.  Since they'd never want you to do this, i'm sure you cant, just like you cant burn DVDs to the xbox, since it doesn't have a dvdr or cdr even though so many people for some reason think you should be able to do that.

oh and btw:  you also cant emulate the ps2 or cube on an xbox.

View Post

You CAN burn (rip) DVDs to the xbox, you just can't burn DVDs from the xbox to a DVD...  Unless, again, you get a DVD burner, and use Linux, in which case, it may be possible.

Mr Ed

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2005, 07:23:26 PM »

Ugh, this has been covered sooooo many times.

Merging with thread that already covers this topic...

manndrine

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2005, 08:40:56 AM »

Title states the question. But I've been looking for a video in mod, so I could either hook up say a vcr or similar. Is there such a thing? Any help or information would be great. thanks.

manndrine

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2005, 12:43:47 PM »

well can anyone atleast let me know if its a possiblity or if I'm wasting my time looking for it? Humor me??

dunkx

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2005, 08:41:35 PM »

Hi

I have been Thinking about this for a while but never ASKED.

One night after a few drinks i noticed that on the back of the xbox i saw it had AV input/ Output where you plug in the AV pack.

Have a look and see what you think.

Dunkx

The Zep Man

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2005, 10:48:58 PM »

Some people didn't search enough. To answer the topic-question:

No.

manndrine

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2005, 05:18:07 AM »

i did a search for "video in" "vid in" and some others, in both hardware and in this section but without any info. thankyou... but if you do a search for "xbox video chat" in google you come up with this http://www.lik-sang....roducts_id=5437
and i wasnt sure if anyone had hacked this or for that matter even used one....

The Zep Man

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2005, 06:07:32 AM »

QUOTE(manndrine @ Oct 6 2005, 02:29 PM)
i did a search for "video in" "vid in" and some others, in both hardware and in this section but without any info. thankyou... but if you do a search for "xbox video chat" in google you come up with this http://www.lik-sang....roducts_id=5437

and i wasnt sure if anyone had hacked this or for that matter even used one....

View Post

Used the Google search (integrated in the Search-function of the forum) with the query 'Video Input'. Second post is your answer.

Thank you. NEXT!

impaledonastick

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2006, 03:13:04 AM »

Well as the title says I would like to know if I can turn my xbox into a tivo. I read something about it saying that I would need a "D-BOX 2" but the site was in German I think. I looked up the D-BOX 2 and they are a few bucks. Is there a cheaper way to go about doing this or is the D-BOX the only option?

Thanks,
impaledonastick

Mr Ed

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2006, 09:05:07 AM »

Merged another one.   dry.gif

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 15 queries.