xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The �ultimate Dashboard Exploit� Aka Ude  (Read 1878 times)

Jbob

The �ultimate Dashboard Exploit� Aka Ude
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2004, 10:10:27 PM »

GOD DAMMIT i just read the instructions for the fifth time b4 i saw that default xbe goes in E (what the hell is my prob, no more exploits when im dead tired)

ok I see where i went wrong (that other dude with the hanging screen probably did the same thing

MY BAD (i did it to myself) gotta learn to read

just a thought u might wanna emphazise the E deafult load derectory as ppl like me who are too damn comfortable with previuso exploits dont make dumb ass mistake (not ur fault just cant hurt)

anyway im sure the exploit is kick ass, but now I wont know till i rip my xbox open and fix this damn thing

(can anyone reccomend a good guide for hotswapping to get one file moved not even created, just curious)

PedrosPad

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2004, 10:11:58 PM »

Jbob

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2004, 10:22:59 PM »

Violent Bong IM pretty sure u put ur default.xbe in the C folder not the E folder

(thats the mistake I made and am in the same situation as u)  and mad as hell at myslef about it

ldots

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2004, 10:46:36 PM »

meerdorf

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2004, 10:51:15 PM »

I use the best of both worlds mod, I take it the evox file I use to boot from there is the signed habibi evox file..... if so this is a damn fine and damn easy mod!

So am I ok to use this or do I have to sign it myself?

DeadYellowMonkey

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2004, 10:55:35 PM »

Genius.

Only just tried it but got it booting to MXM no problem.

Will now try leaving it unplugged for a while to check for clock loop.

d: 4920
k: 5101

violent_bong

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2004, 11:22:06 PM »

Nope, i have a habbi signed pbl named default.xbe in E. But i will try deleting the unneccessary font files from my C partition.

Jbob

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2004, 11:31:36 PM »

Found something interesting

in my earlier post u can see that i put the signed default PBL exe in the C folder instead of E

I was furious at myself cause it wouldnt even load a retail game it would just sit at the boot logo (I though id have to hot-swap for sure)

but i had a hunch to leave it unpluged and let the clock die for some reason just to see (I never thought it could make a difference since the dash is never really loaded, so the clock.xip is never loaded

But nonetheless i plugged it back in an hour later and whala, retail games boot again (im saved from nasty swap)

I just though this was rather interesting and is crutial for anyone like me that doesent know how to read intstructions (lol)

wonder what could cause the loss of a set clock to allow booting when it wouldnt before (hmmm)

Edited by Jbob, 23 May 2004 - 07:36 AM.

X_n00b

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2004, 11:36:33 PM »

Jbob

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2004, 11:43:45 PM »

Fugget ignore all my posts for the days i guess (cause im tired as hell and probably crazy and who knows maybe i didnt boot it back on with a game in the drive already before cause i was freaking out, but im 99 percent sure i tried a retail game 3 times before i unplugged it at first)

Its jsut kinda weird cause every other time ive let my clock die it would do the loop (a few times at least anyway) and couldnt boot retail till it came out of the loop, but now with the loss of the clock it still seems to be able to boot since the dash isnt trying to load or set the time.  but it is true that i cant imagine how letting the clock die would allow retail booting when it wouldnt when it was set. (thats why im doubting myself when i say it wouldnt boot the games at first) But i truley am almost certain i tried and it wouldnt boot (thats what caused me to freak out)

Anyway Keep up the good work with this thing (and ppl please dont be diswaded from this exploit cause of my mistakes) the thing does work good and proper.

and is easily recovered even if u do what i did.

Edited by Jbob, 23 May 2004 - 08:23 AM.

digisatman

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2004, 12:46:02 AM »

all we need now is a good package.

...devzer0....

heheehhehehe

thanks

SilverSurfR

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2004, 12:50:27 AM »

Australian Rat

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2004, 01:38:12 AM »

OK you all twisted my arm enough so I'm going to try it smile.gif

Anyway, it's a pretty exploitable xbox, K:4034 D:4920.  Just need to find my old update.xbe file.  I get a feeling it was replaced with a new one when Rainbow Six decided it would update my dash for me (and screw my exploits up dry.gif )

Note to self, always delete update.xbe and dashupdate.xbe from game discs from now on before playing.  unsure.gif  

wivenhoe123

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2004, 02:21:37 AM »

i have the original ms dash shipped with xbox v1.0 and if i try update it using a live-enabled game it says 'Update failed' and so can't get my dash up to 4920! any suggestions? i already got a modded xbox, just wanna get rid of my temperamental chip!

{later}

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2004, 02:24:28 AM »

damn, can't get this to work.

I started with my standard dash, then I put in splinter cell (normal version) and I goto download levels. It updated my dashboard to 4920.

Then I copy the update.xbe file from c:\xodash to c:\ and delete the xboxdash.xbe file that is there. Then I rename the update.xbe file to xboxdash.xbe.

Then I turn my xbox off and on to see what happens. And yes, it loads the update.xbe file. It says: 'update done...' or something like that.

Then I copy bert_ate_ernie.xtf to C:\ and my xbox hangs at the xbox logo with the white MS letters. Then I put the bert_ate_ernie.xtf also in c:\fonts and still it hangs sad.gif

Anyone can help? I have a 100% good signed default.xbe file in e:\ but it seems like I have the wrong update.xbe file :S

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 15 queries.