xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Nvtv  (Read 311 times)

neocarbunkle

Nvtv
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2003, 01:56:00 PM »

Ok Im using debian and KDE and nvtv1 is on root directory and it does have exec permission on it and I type in ./nvtv1 -t -r 640,480, -s Small -S NTSC and I get what looks like

./nvtv1: line 1: syntax error near unexpected taken ":"

well thats what it looks like I've checked it over and over its correct spelling and crap.

Alvisar1

Nvtv
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2003, 05:00:14 AM »

Quick question since I am new to all this Linux stuff.   What does installing NVTV doing for the resolution.

I currently have the Debian release along with the new KDE,
will this help my resolution a little.

I boot it using LinuxVesa bootloader with resolution at 640X480.

Is there a point to this new driver, or should I even bother with it since I have 0.3.1???

Thanks for the input.

ShALLaX

Nvtv
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2003, 02:49:35 PM »

I dont get why youre all using nvtv instead of xbv.... you can achieve the same thing with xbv just by typing "xbv -m 0", you dont need Xfree or GTK+ to run this....

AlphaWolf

Nvtv
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2003, 09:03:14 PM »

shallax: I ran the magic script, and it didn't ask me if I wanted to install the patch to correct the overscanning. I didn't want to install this because it breaks support for progressive scan mode. How can I remove this particular patch without disturbing the patch system?

ShALLaX

Nvtv
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2003, 08:34:05 AM »

That information is all on the website and always has been - reeeeeaaaadddd tongue.gif

fluffhead

Nvtv
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2003, 01:08:57 PM »

Hi all, I've got my xbox connected to a Toshiba widescreen projection HDTV capable of 1080i input. I am using the MS HDTV connector with the component inputs. I am using gentoox linux which has been fully updated. I can't seem to make any resolutions work other than 640x480.

Here is my question(s)....

Has anybody out there been able to get HDTV and/or widescreen resolutions (specifically 1080i) to work with linux using either nvtv or xbv? And what was the exact command (with parameters) that you used to do it?

SSChevy2001

Nvtv
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2003, 05:25:33 PM »

unsure.gif I don't know about anyone else, but I got 800x600 working good on debian.  I just install the new xbv program and added the command "xbv -NTSC -auto 800 600 9.5 10" to the file /etc/kde3/kdm/xsetup.  At first you can see the rainbow color in the penguin when it boots up.  As soon as the logon menu comes on the command takes effect and no more rainbows just 800x600 with perfect color.

rolleyes.gif Now if I only had 800P working instead of 800I.  Will Xbv or Nvtv ever work with 800P?

I also added three other lines to xsetup

mount /dev/hda51 /mnt/Xbox_C
mount /dev/hda50 /mnt/Xbox_E
mount /dev/hda55 /mnt/Xbox_F

Now you can see your Xbox's C,E,F from linux. Remember you
need to make the folders in the "mnt" directory first.

Edited by SSChevy2001, 11 July 2003 - 02:44 AM.

jackusage

Nvtv
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2003, 06:51:34 PM »

QUOTE (TheGreatVirus @ Jan 10 2003, 07:13 AM)
"nvtv -t -r 640,480 -s Small -S NTSC"

When I use this setting, I just get a blank white screen.  What am I doing wrong?  Is it because I'm running KDE?

soul-

Nvtv
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2003, 08:21:03 PM »

this thread helped me a whole lot, i followed everyone's directions and got my res. fixed, but my picture still sucks. its fuzzy, like the sharpness needs to be increased a LOT. any suggestions?

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2003, 01:49:07 PM »

I'm glad you found all the information you needed as for the issues your having for now man you will just have to deal with it as I have not had any luck in clearing the screen up.

uberacer

Nvtv
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2003, 10:50:57 AM »

Okay so i read the entire topic on this website. I want to upgrade the resolution of my debian linux distribution. (i'm running kde)

So i installed this nvtv1, and when I select "800x600" the screen blinks a bit, and you can see the program is doing something with the graphics-card in the x-box, but the resolution remains exactly the same!  

I know I am a noob, but please someone help me out...

atlanta800

Nvtv
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2004, 11:49:51 AM »

OK i have tried nearly everthing listed.. I've tried to do it from the command line and from running the acual GUI, I'm a n00b to linux but i'm very good with windows and PCs in general so...

No matter what a do in nvtv1 my screen does not change AT ALL! Also i notice i get a lot of transmit errors... And when i run:
./nvtv1 -r x,y(does matter what it is) -s (does not matter) -NTSC
it always tell me there is not settings for the selected size/resolution i have chosen!

Please help me i'd love to get this working and become a Linux user!

Atlanta800

th3gh05t

Nvtv
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2004, 05:01:26 PM »

godmode117

Nvtv
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2005, 07:24:27 PM »

ok ive read this whole topic...
bu WHAT the hell is nvtv one i googled it and its some nvida tv thingy
is it like VNC or what?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 14 queries.