xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: My Next Car Project  (Read 1260 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Psykomantis00 @ Jul 27 2005, 05:34 PM)
What do I drive? Right now Im in the process of buying a car because I blew my precious cars up. They happen to be an 89 civic EF with GSR swap and it was turboed. My first car was a 94 mitsubishi mirage with a 4g63t swap and would have been awd if I wouldnt have totaled it. What do you drive? Ohh wait... camaro. Another bolt on GM.

EverestX

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Psykomantis00 @ Jul 27 2005, 11:34 AM)
Right now Im in the process of buying a car because I blew my precious cars up. They happen to be an 89 civic EF with GSR swap and it was turboed. My first car was a 94 mitsubishi mirage with a 4g63t swap and would have been awd if I wouldnt have totaled it. What do you drive? Ohh wait... camaro. Another bolt on GM.

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »

First of all, the only thing I would use FWD for is a winter car or a rally car and even then it wouldnt be that great, AWD would be ideal. The civic, yea that was stupid. FWD cars are not made for performance. The only reason it blew was because the guy I had helping me tune my car changed the rev limiter and went for a test drive, came back and a hole was in the block the size of a rod... hmm wonder what happened. Also when he launched at a redlight the transmission shredded itself. Byw bye civic project.

The Mirage was AWD btw. It started as FWD, but was in the process of AWD and I had transmission issues so I parked it untill I could figure out the problem.  While trying to fix the problem the engine started knocking and smoking because of a guy lying about shit he had done to the engine so I labled it as done, and was going to sell it. Before I could sell it, the car was parked across the street of my house and my drunk ass neighbor in his old shitty nissan truck always parks on my property, so while trying to keep him from doing so I parked my car on the property line so he couldnt cross it. Well he was drunk and ended up not seing the car and just plowed into it. It was soo awesome, the insurance I had was liability so I got nothing for the car. Not even for the parts and work I put into it. BTW my car was rated number 2 in the most deadliest cars on the road, so I took that as a sign from God and moved on. Now Im working on buying an accord that the guy has already riced up with 4 tv's ps2, xbox, dvd player, sound system, body kit, paint, lowered with bags, and I plan on doing a 6g72tt swap in it. Yes that is sacryligeous (cant spell) by putting a mitsu engine in a honda. But on top of that, Im going to make the car even more of a sleeper and looking into converting it to RWD. I had a shop do most of my AWD shit, but Im doing this on my own because I just had my uncle teach me how to weld some, and plus I want to say I did all the mechanical mods.

when you get your ass handed to you in what looks like a riced out honda, but is really the ultimate sleeper with a twin turbo 6 cylinder RWD hybrid car, people will start to rethink the way they mod civics. hopefully anyway. Thats what Im aiming for.

Idk about the rest of you, but Im sick of these bastards in civics that are completely stock except for an axle back and an intake that weave in and out of traffic and do the ricer fly by just because they have an unpainted body kit and shitty crome rims and on top of all that, the car is an auto. I want to be able to get up next to a mustang thats blown or turbo'd and be able to not only kill his time, but also have him wondering how a honda could do that.

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(EverestX @ Jul 28 2005, 11:11 PM)
HAHAHAHA.. Where to start.   Dude you sir are a jack ass. 

thesideinguy

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »

ph34r.gif

EverestX

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2005, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Psykomantis00 @ Jul 28 2005, 11:48 PM)

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2005, 08:54:00 AM »

The stealth and the talon are both american made auto's, it doesnt matter what they look like. The talon looks alright but the stealth is a bad ass machine. AWD Twin turbo v6, electronic suspension, and lots of other features.

The only cloud of smoke I ever see in front of me is from a rod being thrown in a stock cobra or f body and its black smoke.

An ls1 is a powerfull motor. A friend of mine has a 93 RX7 with an ls1 in it. he has had a ton of problems with doing that swap. Come to think of it I dont think it runs right now. He has to buy a new water pump and alternator and other random parts and he said parts for this engine are expensive. When he did have it running he said the IRS in his rx7 was weak. I think hes going to try and find a rear axel or something to get rid ofe the IRS.

the reason I wouldnt do an ls1 swap is I plan on driving my car daily. This wouldnt be good on gas at all and would probably break down faster than what Im used to. Now if I was doing a track only car or a weekend cruiser car I would consider doing an ls1... I might not, but you never know. If I was going to go as far as getting an LS1 why not go the extra mile and get a corvette shell and either put it all back to stock, or even convert it to AWD for better launches.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2005, 09:22:00 AM »

The problem with what you say is that Chevy 350s are pretty reliable engines...

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2005, 09:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Jul 29 2005, 05:33 PM)
The problem with what you say is that Chevy 350s are pretty reliable engines...

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

You can make the same about every rice rocket Honda and most DSMs. They get abused just as much. Frankly Ive seen more abuse dished out to imports then most Vette owners do to theirs.

And remember, MOST Stealths are FWD V6s. With NO turbos or any other means of being fast.

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

Im also not looking into getting anything other than a twin turbo v6 awd stealth or 3kgt.

If I would blow the ls1  I would be out a pretty penny. I would blow the dsm engine or a civic engine Im out 500-2k depending on what I want. Much cheaper.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Psykomantis00 @ Jul 29 2005, 10:37 PM)
Im also not looking into getting anything other than a twin turbo v6 awd stealth or 3kgt.

thesideinguy

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Psykomantis00 @ Jul 29 2005, 08:05 AM)
. A friend of mine has a 93 RX7 with an ls1 in it. he has had a ton of problems with doing that swap.

leijae

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »

i've been working with a guy who does a lot of car projects, and i've learned a lot about cars in the last 2 days.... jk...

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My Next Car Project
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »

This is an actual engine swap. And apparently its not TOO hard tho Ive never done much research on it. BUT, it's the STUPIDEST thing you can do. STUPID. God damn it, the last gen RX7 is gorgeous AND one of the best handling cars you can buy. Now you dump a V8 under the hood and frig up it's weight distrobution. And ruin the handling of such a drivers dream.

But it is doable. Here's an FC with said swap....
http://v8rx7.com/bob.htm

FDs
http://members.tripo...tructions1.html
http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/

Maybe if I did a 3 rotor swap into my Z28 it'd make it handle better......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4