xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Nvtv  (Read 305 times)

KanadaKid

Nvtv
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2003, 09:18:39 PM »

I GOT IT!

My god, it was so simple....

I right clicked the file and went into the properties, under permissions there was no check under exec (short for execute).

That's why we got "Permission Denied"

I checked the box, and ran ./nvtv1 and BAM it ran.

Altho I picked 800x600, hit apply and got my screen rolling pretty good. I later realized it was because the default was PAL, not NTSC. I didn't know how to fix it, so I'm installing yet again. But that's how to get nvtv1 running, go into properties and check the box under exec.

Man, I'm amazed it was something that basic that had us all stumped.

Edited by KanadaKid, 04 January 2003 - 07:10 AM.

KanadaKid

Nvtv
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2003, 09:45:35 PM »

Ok, now I've screwed it up three times with nvtv running.

Make sure you set it to NTSC before applying. (Unless you own a PAL tv)

Also, my screen went blue when I tried 1024x768 in nvtv. It was like the xbox stopped outputting video, so I wouldn't recomend that either.

Later I tried setting nvtv to 800x600 (small) which works, and then changed the resolution in mandrake to 800x600. This screwed up mandrake, so I installed again.

5-6 installs later, it works!

Edited by KanadaKid, 04 January 2003 - 07:13 AM.

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2003, 12:41:34 AM »

I got it working here also! May I ask what settings you used that worked?

NerdENerd

Nvtv
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2003, 01:36:31 AM »

If you install vncserver you can run a vnc session from you PC and run it from the VNC terminal. This means if you put you TV into a state where you cant view it you can change it from your PC. Save reinstalling Linux when you stuff you video mode.

KanadaKid

Nvtv
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2003, 01:44:42 AM »

I chose 640x480 normal.

800x600 small worked, but without the ability to change the linux resolution to 800x600, it's pretty useless.

I was playing around with the settings on the different tabs. I had it looking pretty good, but the settings don't stay when you close the program. So I said screw it. I don't feel like putting in that kind of effort every time I start it up.

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2003, 01:45:17 AM »

The settings aren�t permanent but it will save on re-boots.  laugh.gif  

NerdENerd

Nvtv
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2003, 04:15:53 AM »

If this program can change the registers then why does the kernel not have this ability?

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2003, 07:38:46 PM »

Anyone got a way to clear up the text??

XDelusion

Nvtv
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2003, 11:24:29 PM »

Worked for me too! Thankx a lot.

Now if only those Linux guys knew howto write docs for there shit. All this know how, and no knowledge of doc writing. go figure.

Virtudude

Nvtv
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2003, 02:57:51 PM »

QUOTE (XDelusion @ Jan 5 2003, 08:24 AM)

Now if only those Linux guys knew howto write docs for there shit. All this know how, and no knowledge of doc writing. go figure.

Are you out of your mind? If you knew anything about linux this would have been obvious to you. UNIX file permissions are documented all over the web. Don't blame anyone but yourself when you install an OS you don't know how to use.  

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2003, 04:01:15 PM »

QUOTE (Virtudude @ Jan 7 2003, 10:57 PM)
QUOTE (XDelusion @ Jan 5 2003, 08:24 AM)

Are you out of your mind? If you knew anything about linux this would have been obvious to you. UNIX file permissions are documented all over the web. Don't blame anyone but yourself when you install an OS you don't know how to use.

Calm down dude he's only trying to learn.

KanadaKid

Nvtv
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2003, 07:24:55 PM »

Yeah man, I mean what the crap. If u knew this, u should've spoke up. Otherwise it's dealt with and that sorta input is NEVER needed.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm installing linux on my box not 'cuz I use Linux, but because I feel like adding as many uses to my xbox as possible.

I'm learning Linux as I go, and if there is a "simple" solution that u know, give us a hand. Otherwise shut up man.

stiGGy

Nvtv
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2003, 04:14:07 AM »

does anybody know how to make it stick to the settings you set it at, every time i reboot my xbox i have to go into root and re-input the settings dry.gif  

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2003, 06:18:55 PM »

QUOTE (stiGGy @ Jan 8 2003, 12:14 PM)
does anybody know how to make it stick to the settings you set it at, every time i reboot my xbox i have to go into root and re-input the settings dry.gif

This would help alot!!  

slain

Nvtv
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2003, 07:20:42 PM »

./nvtv1 --help

Find out what command line variables you'll be using.

Then, just add...

/path/to/nvtv1 -this -and -that

...to one of your init scripts.  You should find them in /etc/rc.d

Don't quote me on any of this, as I've yet to get Debian to boot from EvoX so havn't used it much, and on the PC Slackware is my distro of choice. smile.gif

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 15 queries.