xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Nvtv  (Read 304 times)

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« on: January 02, 2003, 01:14:16 AM »

NVTV ISSUE SOLVED SEE PAGE 3 or SOMETHING.

Edit: Did you guys know I was 17 when I posted this  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  

Edited by TheGreatVirus, 10 June 2003 - 08:40 PM.

WiKKiD

Nvtv
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 06:38:52 AM »

I eblieve it's a kernel patch.. Do a google search for "linux kernel patching"..

I get the feeling it's probably gonna be a bit much for the average user tho.

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 03:00:58 PM »

Ummm thanx.....  blink.gif  

XDelusion

Nvtv
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2003, 08:28:39 PM »

or if I recall correctly, you can type "man patch" in linux and that will bring up the man page.

Too bad it ain't Amiga OS we're talking about, then I could solve the screen problem in like...

...2 seconds, no extreme configuration and typing required. smile.gif

Col.Havoc

Nvtv
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2003, 05:20:14 AM »

I remember reading somewheres that your just.... run it.

I think the command is ./the.name.of.the.patch.ext

Don't quote me on that though, I just remember it from somewhere.

bradrellinger

Nvtv
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2003, 05:24:02 AM »

ok this all comes from trygg, i take no credit what-so-ever, also i have not tried this yet, let me know if it works:

---------------------------------------------
Here is a little "step by step" guide.

1. Copy the program (http://xbox-linux.so....net/down/nvtv1) to your xbox, I put mine in my home directory (/home/daniel) but i  guess you can put it someware else to.

2. Check that you are logged in as root, if you are not, type "su" and then type in the password for root.

3. goto the directory where the program is and execute it with the command "./nvtv1"

4. Now you will (hoppfully) be presented with a window where you can choose resolution and stuff, if I remember correctly you should choose the second option from the top, I�m not sure so don`t blame me if it doesn`t work (my mouse is broken so I cant check)

note that this patch have to be applied every time you restart linux, so it`s just a teporary solution until the linux guys release a distrobution with this fixed.

Good luck!
---------------------------------------------

bradrellinger

Nvtv
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2003, 10:12:23 AM »

ok, the method above doesnt exactly work, get a permission denied everytime, even as root...
but i got a little closer by doing:   bash ./nvtv1 instead of ./nvtv
but this still didnt work, a bunch of errors pop up
i was wondering if someone whos knows more about linux to take a look at it and see what the problem is. (col havoc? trygg?) thanks guys...

b

XDelusion

Nvtv
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2003, 01:04:48 PM »

I had to run a CHMOD 770 first, but once I ran the file, I got a bunch of Errors as well. AIn't Linux grand?  

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2003, 01:08:31 PM »

I tryed it to and got the same error's.

XDelusion

Nvtv
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2003, 01:14:17 PM »

Ok I grabbed an RPM of the file, but it says there is not a support video card in my system

Edited by XDelusion, 03 January 2003 - 10:15 PM.

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2003, 06:05:26 PM »

I still get a permission denied everytime I try to run it...........  sad.gif  

KanadaKid

Nvtv
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2003, 07:36:36 PM »

I thought I'd join the party

After XDelusion acted as guinea pig and installed mandrake w/out losing anything, I did the same.

Now I'm playing with settings trying to set everything right, since I too get "permission denied" when I try to run ./nvtv1

Altho I'm also getting it when I run bash ./nvtv1

I found in the mandrake configuration thing... (don't have a name, as I fucked up my install playing around w/ settings) there is a tv card option. It tells me there isn't a compatible card installed, but I was thinking maybe there's some way to tell it the existing card supports it. Or maybe I'll play around with settings until I mess up this new install.

Either way I'll keep u guys posted.

KanadaKid

Nvtv
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2003, 07:54:47 PM »

Oh, the way I screwed it up (twice now) is trying to turn up the resolution setting. So, word to the wise... don't do that. Well, unless you know what you're doing. Then do whatever u want.

XDelusion

Nvtv
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2003, 08:23:47 PM »

I forgot my Linux in my time away from it. It seems as if this is a script, I tried running it in a terminal typing sh then the name of the file, but I got a lot of errors about commands not being found and shit. If any of you are Linux savy, please look into this, I think this is the right track, in the mean time I am going to focus on getting OpenGL to work. :/

TheGreatVirus

Nvtv
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2003, 08:31:56 PM »

It's about time people start taking an interest in NVTV. Alo I tryed all kinds of different thing to get this to work and still nothing.  sad.gif  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 15 queries.