xbox-scene.com archived forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

xbox-scene.com forum restored.  registration disabled.  thanks to xboxexpert for the db dump and netham45 for cleaning it up!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A Little Bit About Me  (Read 175 times)

melon

A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2004, 12:58:57 PM »

they see him as a prophet rather than the sun of god, but in the bible one of the books, i think luke consistently describes him as a prophet and doesnt mention he is the son of god.

it was the same religion as christianity untill Abraham had his two sons, job and isaac, i know there spelt wrong but..
muslims followed the teachings of one son and christians the teaching of the other.

nemt

A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2004, 01:36:14 PM »

Mr. Chips

A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2004, 05:53:49 PM »

I agree with nemt, and it's a first wink.gif

maybe he could have tried to be polite and helpful, though...

in the gospel, Jesus says "I am the son of God" many times.  Including Luke.

The difference between a prophet and a God is huge.

just because he mispelt Jacob and Isaac doesn't make someone a complete idiot, after all he apologized.

nagmine

A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2004, 08:11:09 PM »

Ok When i first saw this thread I thought wow finaly someone actully has the guts to say he loves jesus infront of all these people. Even though he would most likely be flamed. I began reading and was pretty happy since me my self I do believe in Jesus Christ. Well then the thread turned into a big mormon talk. Ahhh man come on! Why cant someone just be a christian for once not a offbranch of it. Im sorry but i dont believe a dang thing mormons have added to the bible. I believe the bible and thats all. Sorry im a bit late in this confo but let me share a verse with jesusphreak . In the very end of revelation it says this

melon

A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2004, 04:08:26 AM »

http://magma.nationa...20011201.6.html

there you go nemt, proof muslims where the same religion untill Abraham and his son, then they branched off.

jesusphreak

A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2004, 09:13:59 AM »

That's no proof at all, Melon.

Muslims of today claim that their ancestry can be traced back from Abraham, but there is no evidence of that until the advent of Islam, and they wanted a story to trace back their ancestry.

Basically, there was Judaism, and from Judaism came Christianity, and from a meld of Judaism and Christianity came Islam....

In no way does Islam come from the same thing as Judaism, however, they use Judaism as their base, but they in on way worship the same God.

Christians worship Jesus Christ as the Son of God (we worship a Trinity).

A Muslim will outright deny the divinity of Jesus Christ and instead see him as a minor prophet. Plus, they worship one God, not one God in three forms.

Besides, many commands in Islam are completely contradictory to commands in CHristianity and Judaism. If they all worshipped a single God, that single God was an idiot because he changed his mind and contradicted himself over and over. He's not trustworthy either....then again, the father of lies can't be trusted either....

Muslims and Christians if asked will both tell you that they worship a different God. The only people that you will hear "we worship the same God" from are Christians or Muslims who don't adhere to the Bible or Koran. Both books make the difference explicity clear.

Colonel32

A Little Bit About Me
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2004, 11:58:43 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 17 queries.