xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Available January 1, 2006  (Read 92 times)

walmart

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Available January 1, 2006
« on: December 27, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »

Edit topic: Not 100% sure if it will be January 1.  Whenever the paper starts is when they will be released.

Thats correct!  Wal-Mart will be running a "tab" sales paper for January.  They are featuring the Xbox 360 and will/already have on hand Xbox 360's.  Of course though the units are already sitting in the back room as of Dec 23, 05.(Well at least all the stores that I checked within a 50 mile radius on my telxon)  Yep, they recieved them last Friday and were told by corporate not to release them until the January tab was released.  Although these units would of sold within minutes and made some disappointed children happy for Christmas they were still not released.  But I guess they need to have some on hand since its in the paper for legal reasons.

Anyhow if your looking to get an Xbox 360 still go to your local Wal-Mart before the New Year and see if you can't get a hint out of your electronics associate to verify they will be in stock or not.  Just thought I would give a heads up for those still searching.

"How May I Help You"

This post has been edited by walmart: Dec 28 2005, 02:10 AM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »

can you give us the employees method of checking inventory as to call and have them look it up?
you know, make it seem like i or whoever,  is calling from another store.

walmart

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

Yes I can.  Although I have reported my own post at this time due to the fact I didn't realize the above topic about posting this sort of thing.  What you will want to do is ask them to if they can "check the Telxon" its the handheld device they use to check and change prices of inventory.  Peak over as he scans the barcode or puts in the item number for the Xbox 360.  It will display on the screen how many are On-Hand, In Transit, On Order, ect...If they are in Transit they will arrive at any time within a week usually to that very night.  If they allow this post stay I will try to get some screen shots and the "item numbers" of the Xbox 360 core unit and premium.  I did have them around although I have misplaced them.  Basically if they don't have a barcode you could say "Hey I work at the Wal-Mart across town we have x-amount in stock here is the item number xxxxxx can you tell me if you have any in stock for the January Tab".  

You can possibly even call and see if they will tell you over the phone.  Also you can easily lie on the phone, their is no special protocol for Wal-Mart.  You can check the telxon of other stores inventory, but you usually call to make sure before you send a customer over there.  So you could say "transfer me to electronics store to store call" then just tell the person you are over at the city away or the walmart across town.  They will most likely tell you how many they have in stock ect...or ya we will have those available when they are released.

"How May I Help You"

This post has been edited by walmart: Dec 28 2005, 02:31 AM

h0osier_daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »

can you please explain a little more.  I do not understand...when the paper starts? how can i find out exactly what date?

mathias

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »

im guessing since the topic says jan 1st O nevermind  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

h0osier_daddy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(mathias @ Dec 28 2005, 03:19 AM) *

im guessing since the topic says jan 1st O nevermind  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

"Edit topic: Not 100% sure if it will be January 1. Whenever the paper starts is when they will be released."
so if ur trying to be a smartass, it didnt really work out so well for u...

walmart

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »

I never looked at when the ad paper was valid.  I will give an update tomorrow.

jkt

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

we put ours on the shelf the 22nd. of course theyre gone... but there are more in transit for tab

Zenofex

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »

man can you look up a walmart in my area? im dying here

linkpwns

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(h0osier_daddy @ Dec 27 2005, 09:26 PM) *

"Edit topic: Not 100% sure if it will be January 1. Whenever the paper starts is when they will be released."
so if ur trying to be a smartass, it didnt really work out so well for u...

I know u probably work at walmart and all, but do u have information on any other stores. See, i live in staten island, new york. The only walmart near me is in New Jersey, (atleast im like 75% positive that there is no walmart in staten island) which is not easy to get to cause i cant drive...also, will they be available online at that time frame, and if i order one now, will i get it then?

jkt

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »

your best bet is to call your local walmart on a m-f from 7am to 4pm. ask for the electronics department manager. ask how many are in transit, or on order. because 360's are listed as "deleted" in the WM system, individual stores cannot order them as they are on automatic order - basically they are sent as they become available. the only way for us to tell if there will be more is if they are listed as "in transit" or "on order". also ask for a quantity.

i apologize if this post is somewhat skewed, goddamned 2 for 1 drinks downtown has me somewhat owned. i had the item numbers memorized but since ive been drinking... well, yeah.

good luck.

(edit) typically if an item is listed as "on order" it will arrive in 7-14 days from the first date it was listed as on order. if the department manager seems cool enough, you may venture to ask him/her to check the next truck invoice. note these typically arent available till midday.

This post has been edited by jkt: Dec 28 2005, 07:06 AM

Xombe

• Archived User