xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!  (Read 75 times)

Damessiah

• Archived User
Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!
« on: November 13, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »

Hi,

After getting Halo 2, and completing the SP, I feel its time to go back to XBC and have some fun.

However, I go on and now it doesnt find my xbox? I used to play a lot of top spin and other games on XBC (only a month or so ago) and now I find it doesnt find my box on any of these games.

Is there something I might have missed, I also tried Xlink, but that doesnt work either, so I am presuming I have messed something up on my Xbox. Could someone run me through some possible problems?

munkey106

• Archived User
Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 09:41:00 PM »

i have the EXACT same problem!!! plzzz help someone

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 09:48:00 PM »

I also have this problem. Can I not play online (XBC or XLink) when in modded mode/using a modded bios?  :unsure:

Spency234

• Archived User
Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »

Try uninstalling both Xlink and Xbconnect, as well as Winpcap, and install one or the other.

I've found that they don't get along, just a thought.

hockeyguy

• Archived User
Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »

hmmm.  I wonder if this is a serious issue.  I wondered whether or not this "patch" was intentional and whether or not it would effect XBC and Xlink.

Although having the tunnel not find the xbox is not what I figured a symptom would be.  Then again, does anyone yet know whether the patch was to Halo or to system files?

DOS4GW

• Archived User
Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Nov 19 2004, 05:50 PM)
Try uninstalling both Xlink and Xbconnect, as well as Winpcap, and install one or the other.

I've found that they don't get along, just a thought.

What's the point of uninstalling Xlink when it's Xbc that doesn't work? Makes less than no sence.

Spency234

• Archived User
Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

Weelllll, because I have always been an Xbconnect user, but when the new Kai came out I thought I would give it a try.  I got it to work but nobody was playing on it, so I decided to go back to Xbconnect.  When I tried running Xbconnect again it didn't work.

So I did exactly what I told the poster to do and it worked again.  I'll never install Kai again.

At least I am suggesting something instead of being a waste of bandwith like yourself.

c-2

• Archived User
Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »

well you should install KAI again, i mean considering their is more ppl on kai now than xbc .. :]

Anti_Hero

• Archived User
Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

Been working fine with my Halo2. try installing the new version and make sure you set up your router correctly.

CIVICRACER-R34

• Archived User
Xbc Doesnt Work Anymore!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (c-2 @ Nov 23 2004, 06:09 PM)
well you should install KAI again, i mean considering their is more ppl on kai now than xbc .. :]

Is this tru? really more peeps on kai then xbc? I havent tried kai yet, I thought XBC was where its at, should I get kai? is it better then the neXBC lan? is there as many experienced (by exp I mean orig Halo plyrs, the real a$$ kickers) players on kai playin H2?