xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Strategies For Halo 2  (Read 169 times)

I Want More CowBell

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« on: June 08, 2005, 07:39:00 AM »

Stategies for:
Rumble Pit, Head to Head, Team Skirmish, Minor & Major Clan Matches, Double Team, Team Slayer, Team Preview!
Post some of your best strategies to know to get you through a game with a victory. Give some hints/tricks to go passed an enemy to score a flag, arm a bomb, or hold down the hill.

Give some good strats on combo weapons, best way to beat other weapons, practicing your skills.

Post anything that will help! Lol not for me but for some other people! lol

This post has been edited by I Want More CowBell: Jun 8 2005, 02:39 PM

basso4735

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

you're a noob cowbell. thats why you want strategies.  :P

br0w

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

br0ws copyrighted matchmaking techniques

lockout

TEAM SLAYER

get the following weapons
sniper rifle
1x combo
sword
2x battle rifle
having both of the plasma rifles would help too

hold out at the sniper tower. have the person with the combo watch bottom, and the 1 guy with another battlerifle watch the mid. have you sniper guy run around on the little ledge, that way he can snipe people coming up the ramp as well as the outside, and he can do this quickly. do not be afriad to use gernades, dont listen to the little noobs saying "OMG STOP USING GERNADES". when you get the lead, you should not worry about moving, let them come to you.

1 FLAG CTF
offense

sniper rifle
1x battle rifle (combo)
plasma rifles

there should be one guy that should never worry about the weapons and just RUSH. the best place to rush from is to run across the middle from the plasma rifle. make sure you blow up the fusion core in front of and across the gap from the lift. once you get to that area you can do 2 things.
a. jump on the left pillar and barely land on the side, causing you to "slide" faster to the flag, increasing your rush time.

or

b. (this is faster) simply walk over to the corner and toss a gernade, then jump down and grab the flag.

once you have the flag in hand, the sniper guy should have the sniper rifle by then (remember, you can always get the sniper rifle faster on offense by shooting the fusion cores behind it). have the sniper rifle guy either stand on the left side of the center platform with the plasma rifle guy watching him, or standing right on top of the ramp. NEVER GO UP THE LIFT. this is the riskiest way to take it as enemies have a tendency to spawn up top when you have the flag. always take it toward sniper tower. now you have 2 desicions, you can either
a. run toward the center tunnel and throw it up to the sniper (if he chose to stand there) or simply to get it up there. or b, jump up the door tings to the top, bypassing having to run up the ramp, and jump up the front.

if you ever find your self in a situation that you have to bring the flag up the backramps, ALWAYS shoot the fusion cores first, as someone could be waiting for you to run past there, and you run the risk of loosing hte flag off the edge.

DEFENSE

shotgun
battlerifle
anything you can dual

the defense side has a disadvantage as they spawn near the least amount of weapons. as with the offense side, you should always have someone trying to get the sniper rifle first. usually, they shoot it off the platform by shooting the fusion cores, so one may decide to go up the lift to get it.

have the shotgun guy wait right in the door way (not outside of it becuase battle rifles and possibly the sniper rifle can reach you very easily. since you have the advantage of having a radar in matchmaking, you can wait till you see the offense rusher jumping off the edge. simply throw a frag/plasma, then rush out, and blast him. if they manage to get the flag, its always easier to wait in front of them. chasing after them leaves you open to gernades and such. so have 1 or 2 people wait at the flag cap area, and have the other 3 or 2 decide where they should wait for the flag to come.

more coming soon when i have time :)

gcskate27

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »

main strategy: for any team based game, WORK AS A TEAM... look out for each other, stay in loose packs... for any single person game, lay a little low and steal kills...

I Want More CowBell

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(basso4735 @ Jun 8 2005, 03:17 PM)
you're a noob cowbell. thats why you want strategies.  :P

lol you caught me...i was tryin to play it off....damnit....lol :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by I Want More CowBell: Jun 8 2005, 09:02 PM

th3rdeye420

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »

my favorite strategy in midship 2 flag ctf is to get two people gaurding base preferably with dual plasmas  and shotgun or sword... then one guy goes to where sword is with br and protects guy going through middle. guy in middle coordinates going in with br guy, br guy tryin to lure out people gaurding with plasma grenades. guy in middle chills underneath till time is right. goes up lift grabs flag and jumps n the middle. if you do it right you can land right on the lifts that hold up the middle platform. make sure you hit the side with two. this if done right will let you float right to other side. this should put you back on your side now I always jump around instead of going to the lift but whatever suits you i guess.

any big board always has two snipers so basically we wont coordinate an attack till we have both. I think this si called the pincher becuase you go form oposite sides sniping...

xzphatboizx69

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »

Cowbell, I will never understand how you got to be a mod.

CamdogXIII

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »

here's a strategy for rumble, kill everyone, but you. for team based games everyone but your team.

DCOtter

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 06:50:00 AM »

Stratagy
Team Skirmish
RAPID ASSUALT
IVORY TOWER
OFFENCE:
1 person grabs the bomb and heads to the second level of the lift opposite the sword.
1 person takes the sniper and kills the rockets then covers them till one of the other players on your team grabs it
The other 2 people come with the bomb guy to give them cover one should dual wield the smg with the plasma pistol on the second level which is just where you get off the lift the other person should proceed to grab the rockets which the sniper has covered.
The rocket guy should then take out the people in their spawn whilst the other person with the plasma pistol smg combo to cover him the bomb guy should proceed to jump in to the arming point to arm the bomb and score.
Things to do:
Watch out from the possible attack of the man with the overshield
Make sure you do not take the sword it just gives the other team it when you die
Communicate well and point out any problems with the plan eg. they have the rockets
DEFENCE:
1 person gets the rockets
1 person gets the overshield to take out the sniper with the plasma pistol on the top of your base
1 person gets the shotgun
1 person gets anything he can get and cover the base then you should come back to base and cover both arming points 2 on the left 2 on the right

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(xzphatboizx69 @ Jun 11 2005, 01:41 AM)
Cowbell, I will never understand how you got to be a mod.

i've been wondering the same thing..lol

I Want More CowBell

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(GLiTcH @ Jun 13 2005, 10:16 AM)
i've been wondering the same thing..lol

dont worry about it im not moderator anymore :P

basso4735

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(I Want More CowBell @ Jun 13 2005, 10:32 AM)
dont worry about it im not moderator anymore :P

lol. But the only strategy i can give that hasnt been mentioned is for head to head. Grab power weapons before the other guy, like a rocket or sniper or br, and a sword or shotty. then hang low and try to sneak up on the other guy or snipe him. But mainly camp. It is seriously one of the only ways to win head to head.

quest4547

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

Skirmish/minor clan- get control of the weapons BEFORE u do the objective

Slayer- get what u can and win your 1 on 1 battles, learn the spots on the map to control

Bigteam/Major clan- have a good sniper and control the power weapons, again get weapon and map control before trying to get the flag or bomb armed

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

Yes, for every Team Slayer game, don't complain about kills being stolen. The way me and my team work to get up to such high levels is we call EVERY ENEMY out. The second we see someone, we push that white button and we tell each other where they are. That way, whoever is close near the enemy can creep up and kill him. This game is NOTHING like Halo 1. You have to communicate well in order to win.

For CTF, it's mostly about distractions and then picking the enemies off with snipers and battle rifles. For instance, a sword guy will go and distract their team and attempt to kill them, while one guy sneaks and takes the flag. A sniper is waiting for people to start chasing after the flag guy and starts killing them as they focus on the flag guy.

For Assault or any type of bomb game, you basically play it like Team Slayer. You kill as many people as you can within a certain timeframe in order to allow the bomb carrier to arm it. You also spawn camp (watch those damn spawns!) and make sure that no enemy tries to harm the bomb armer. A key thing is to remember the enemy spawn points in the level and pay close attention to radar.

One MAJOR strategy that most good people use is muting the opposing team. This will prevent trash talk, hearing your annoying teammates that sound like 9 year olds, and it will prevent the other team from hearing any strategies that you perform.

These are all general strategies. I don't want to get into specifics because you never know who you're going to play. ;)

awal

• Archived User
Strategies For Halo 2
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »

Ive realized how gay MM is, like for example:
We are playing Lockout TS and we are at the sniper tower without the snipe and no BR, so all we have is an smg and they have snipe at BR tower, so we cant do anything with out dieing. So that is why i think Mlg customs> MM and really rank is gay.