xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rrod After Updating The Jtag Hack  (Read 110 times)

BennyBou

• Archived User
Rrod After Updating The Jtag Hack
« on: December 02, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »

Hi, I have an old Xenon that been working for the past few years. Recently I've done the JTAG hack with the three 330ohms resistors and flashed XeLL.

All went fine, a couple of days ago I flashed the new and wonderful XBReboot 0.05 bin file and I played a little bit with that xbox; no problems at all.

Yesterday, I saw the new XBReboot 8955_1 so I tought I'd give it a try. At the same time I decided to update my JTAG hack from the one with the three 330ohms resistors to the new and "safer" one with the 2 switching diodes (I used 2 1N914) and a jumper. After applying the new JTAG hack and before flashing the new XBReboot I tried booting and everything was OK.

I then flashed the new XBReboot and that's when the RRoD appeared (secondary code 0102). I then flashed back to the initial release of XBRebooter and then to the original nand backup I made. After every flash I got the same RRoD code... I'm beginning to think that the new JTAG hack is not so safe after all. Maybe have fried the GPU or maybe it's a pure coincidence that this Xbox finally died on me...

Thanks for your advices.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »

Coincidence unfortunatley.....

Have you double checked your soldering for shorts? Also make sure no excess solder has 'dropped off' and slid under the GPU, bridging some of the joints....

Other than that, X-Clamp replacement time sad.gif

saint24

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »

its usually a different error code if its bodged your xbox so yeah x-clamp fix time

WorldFormula

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »

Haha, yes the jtag hack fried the GPU....just do a hybrid fix, it'll sort you out.