xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Liteon 74 Restore To Original  (Read 1422 times)

apcarr

• Archived User
Liteon 74 Restore To Original
« on: December 02, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »

If its got 1.5 on you dont need the probe,just read the drive again and get a new dummy.bin to use.

dougiegillam1357

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »

liteon/samsung/benq drives cannot be restored to the original state so your wasting your time. The only drive that can be retored to the original firmware is Hitachi.

matycon

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »

Dougie whatre you talking about?

Samsung and Benq drives can be EASILY restored to factory by flashing the original firmware that you extracted back to the drive. no fuss, no muss.

Liteon i see there are some stock firmwares floating around that you can insert your trifecta of dummy files to it and revert it back but the actual extraction is pretty difficult and i cant comment really on this as i havent done it.

jgsieve

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »

I have the original firmware for my liteon (which is now possible BTW) I use jungle flasher as little as possible. can I read the key with the probe???

UnnA^

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »

I got hold of an original 7xxx fw. I want to know if what im going to do it right to get it back to orig. In JF i open it in the Firmware Tool 32 tab in the Target section. I then click on the Manual Spoofing option and load in my key.bin file and also my inquiry.bin file and hit ok. It appears to display correctly in JF but it doesn't show the firmware type (i assume because it doesn't know what a legit lite-on FW is?) Here is a pic of JF anyway after i have done what i posted....

http://img46.imagesh...i/86438368.jpg/

xbox360sexual

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »

the 74 "majinsoftware" f/w floating around doesnt work, btw. the other two f/w's in the .rar file seem to work fine though.

UnnA^

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »

Have you got a link to stock 7xxx for me? Or even pm me with it if your not allowed to post it.

Thanks!

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »

74XXXX firmware works its just a lot harder to stick your key into because there no programe that does it.
First you need to get your encrypted dvdkey.

You do this by injecting it into ixtream. then hex compare the ixtream with out your key and the one with your key.

Then once you have your encrypted key you need to hex edit it into the orignal firmware.

Also make sure your flashing with dosflash. I couldnt get it to work with jungleflasher it would write it then read it back and get errors.

And if you miss a section where your key is ment to be you will get fast dvd eject and insert when you push the dvd eject button.

dougiegillam1357

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 12:37:00 AM »

One  two many whiskies i think, what i meant to say was yes providing you have your original virgin firmware file for your Samsung or Benq you can restore to stock. The liteon cannot as it doesnt create an original backup when dumping. The hitachi original firmware is available for all models. I have never seen any downloadable or trusted original firmwares for Samsung/Benq or liteon. Also using your 360 for powering the drive for flashing can be detected by live and flagged, there have been numerous posts on this.

RMF

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 12:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(dougiegillam1357 @ Dec 3 2009, 08:37 AM) View Post

One  two many whiskies i think, what i meant to say was yes providing you have your original virgin firmware file for your Samsung or Benq you can restore to stock. The liteon cannot as it doesnt create an original backup when dumping. The hitachi original firmware is available for all models. I have never seen any downloadable or trusted original firmwares for Samsung/Benq or liteon. Also using your 360 for powering the drive for flashing can be detected by live and flagged, there have been numerous posts on this.

The lite-on can be returned to stock. There have been numerous posts on this  tongue.gif

UnnA^

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 01:06:00 AM »

Doug, please stop posting information as it is repeatedly wrong. RMF, if you could please direct me on how to do this i would be most pleased. I have my dump files from the original probe, i think i have obtained a blank 7xxx fw, what steps must i take to get this drive back to stock?

Thanks.

apcarr

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 02:02:00 AM »

Think dougie's been living under a rock  for the past couple of days...dougie All LiteOns can now be dumped therefore we have the OFW and can restore them to stock.

xbox360sexual

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 04:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Dec 3 2009, 04:16 AM) View Post

74XXXX firmware works its just a lot harder to stick your key into because there no programe that does it.
First you need to get your encrypted dvdkey.

Odd, I opened 74 f/w with JF target, spoofed the key and wrote to drive. It didn't work. I then done the same method with 83 f/w and it worked fine.

Why is 74 different? I suspect the f/w file is corrupt tbh.

UnnA^

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 06:02:00 AM »

I just flashed my 7xxx back to orig and it works perfect. Connected to Live perfectly smile.gif I'm off to work now but will check back in the morning to see if you got hold of the fw.

foolkiller

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 06:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(UnnA^ @ Dec 3 2009, 08:02 AM) View Post

I just flashed my 7xxx back to orig and it works perfect. Connected to Live perfectly smile.gif I'm off to work now but will check back in the morning to see if you got hold of the fw.

Which F/W did you use, the on floting around or did you dump it yourself?
Pages: [1] 2