xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xgd3 Games Not Working Anymore  (Read 963 times)

aphexacid

• Archived User
Xgd3 Games Not Working Anymore
« on: November 16, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »

I'm on LT+ 2.0 and have burned everything with my IHAS and burner max FW since it came out. Verbatim DL and 2.4x.

I've never had a problem. I tried Saints Row 3 today. When it loaded on the dash, it showed the Saints Row logo. You hit play game, and it tells you unsupported disc.

I tried it again, nothing.

Then i put in Modern Warfare 3. Same thing. I've been playing that perfectly fine since it came out.

i tried loading saints row to the hard drive. same error.

Battlefield 3 for some reason is working.

Whats happening here?

blackydave

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »

black ops and mw2 not working for me? looks like ap2.5 aswell

http://www.ixtreme.net/open-forum/18694-di...-supported.html

This post has been edited by blackydave: Nov 17 2011, 03:04 AM

64squares

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »

xkey gave me the app2.5 error black screen on assassins creed revelations...sec data clean(dont know if xval is still reliable).

funksoulbrother

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »

Could MS be updating the DAE table silently in the background over Live now? Or maybe via a title update? It was speculated that this kind of thing could happen outside of dashboard updates.

It has to be something like that, as it's only affecting XGD3 and AP2.5 protected XGD2 games and the ban flags all say that the AP25 challenge has failed.

This post has been edited by funksoulbrother: Nov 17 2011, 03:29 AM

arsa13

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »

Same here. Burned all my backups with iHas 524 or 624 drives & burner Max FW, 100/4 kprobe max scans or lower on every backup regardless of media type. MW3 now gives unsupported disc error for me and at least 3 other clients.

We all have liteon 7,8, or 9 series drives on phat 360's with LT+2.0.

I have told affected clients (myself as well) to take the game out and to NOT put it back in until we can further assess what's happening.

This post has been edited by arsa13: Nov 17 2011, 03:31 AM

Yesman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »

all XGD3 are dead for me too. for some strange reason BF3 still works though

X4life3

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »

Ya i can verify that XGD3 games(except battlefield for some reason) backups are not working. I had about 12 customers call me in the last 4 hours. All of which have the Ihas224 burner (I sold these to all of my customers).

jaredanand

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »

Words spoken from C4eva himself....

" First and foremost, a warning — at this current time it is advised that you stay offline and avoid playing any AP2.5/XGD3 backups. It has been confirmed by the team that the dae.bin is now being silently updated on all LIVE-connected boxes.

This update is not being deployed via a SystemUpdate or TitleUpdate, but rather occurs in the background without any visual indication or prompt to the user. As such, there is no means by which it can be cancelled or avoided, other than not connecting to LIVE. If you’ve connected to LIVE in the past 24 hours, your system has likely already been updated with a changed dae.bin.

All AP2.5/XGD3 backups that contain the now older AP25 replay data will fail the system’s AP2.5 challenges and indeed flag your system (the flagging has also been confirmed by the team).

Like our news a few days ago, the dae.bin is now being changed by way of an appended challenge table in the same manner on current retail dashes (13604) as it is on the preview dash (14686), however the content of the challenge tables differ. The team has determined that the appended challenge table appears to be unique per console and contains indentifying information. This means that everyone’s dae.bin is different, and can potentially be traced back to your specific console. Therefore, sharing your dae.bin with others it not advisable "

Source: http://c4evaspeaks.com/

funksoulbrother

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »

Taken from c4evaspeaks (emphasis mine): -

First and foremost, a warning - at this current time it is advised that you stay offline and avoid playing any AP2.5/XGD3 backups. It has been confirmed by the team that the dae.bin is now being silently updated on all LIVE-connected boxes.

This update is not being deployed via a SystemUpdate or TitleUpdate, but rather occurs in the background without any visual indication or prompt to the user. As such, there is no means by which it can be cancelled or avoided, other than not connecting to LIVE. If you?ve connected to LIVE in the past 24 hours, your system has likely already been updated with a changed dae.bin.

All AP2.5/XGD3 backups that contain the now older AP25 replay data will fail the system?s AP2.5 challenges and indeed flag your system (the flagging has also been confirmed by the team).

Like our news a few days ago, the dae.bin is now being changed by way of an appended challenge table in the same manner on current retail dashes (13604) as it is on the preview dash (14686), however the content of the challenge tables differ. The team has determined that the appended challenge table appears to be unique per console and contains identifying information. This means that everyone's dae.bin is different, and can potentially be traced back to your specific console. Therefore, sharing your dae.bin with others is not advisable.

More info to come.

jaredanand

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 12:02:00 AM »

You stole my source man XD

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »

There is now an official thread for this topic. Please use that from now on.