xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: FreePSX beta v0.1  (Read 2102 times)

tbb033

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

Just to be clear, this only works with images, and won't play actual discs, right?

supersonic124

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »

Anyone got a compatibility list yet?

coolcono

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »

I was hoping to play Harvest Moon. Intro screens work, but nothing else.. Great work anyway..

brandogg

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »

I'm surprised at the lack of posts on this. Anyway, I just tried a few games...

Mortal Kombat II (NTSC-J) - runs perfectly
Mortal Kombat 3 (NTSC-U) - loads to "Prepare for Kombat" then just stays black
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (NTSC-U) - runs perfectly, though CDDA is not working (I can't think of any emulator that plays CDDA from ISOs)
Mortal Kombat 4 (NTSC-U) - intro FMVs play, no picture during any other part of the game

stezo2k

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2010, 03:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Twis7eD @ Dec 3 2010, 10:52 PM) *

Tried running Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and I couldn't get it to load. It froze my Xbox and didn't even load any part of the game. It froze in the PSX main screen. I was trying to boot an img file.

If you're desperate to play that game buddy the Xbox1 version works flawlessly on the 360 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Twis7eD

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2010, 04:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(stezo2k @ Dec 5 2010, 04:11 AM) View Post

If you're desperate to play that game buddy the Xbox1 version works flawlessly on the 360 smile.gif

Hah, didn't even know they made it for Xbox. Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't really desperate, just felt like trying out a game and that was the first one that came to mind. I might get the original Xbox one now that I know, though. Thanks!

brandogg

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »

I think it's called THPS2 Remix or something like that, it has some of the levels from the first game added to it and a few other things, IIRC. THPS3 was the best of the series, IMO.

jayboy86

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »

well im totally confused

in xexmenu i tried running:

psx.xex - makes my 360 turn off then reboots, tried multiple times

and

Fichiers compiles\Alpha\default.xex - will run, i assume the games are supposed to be listed here but its doesnt see any iso files, and i have lots of them. do they need to be in any particular place?

jayboy86

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »

sorry for double post

EDIT:

Fichiers compiles\Alpha\default.xex - will run, it can see the ff7disc1.iso i have in there but you click it and it freezes on that main screen

is anyone using any particular programme to make their games into isos as i have lots of copies and im currently using magiciso

kevinlekiller

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »

I only tried Grandia (us) so far with the compiles\Beta\default.xex and hq3x , it gets to after the intro video when people start talking but I got a black screen and it froze the xbox.

Haven't tried alpha or hq2x / scale 2x.

Edit : Just tried scale 2x, doesn't lag as much but it still black screens and freezes the xbox.

QUOTE(Vejita @ Dec 3 2010, 03:44 PM) *

Strange that Tekken 3 isn't working properly considering it was one of the games shown to be working correctly in the screenshots released a few months ago when it was in development.

BTW, can you run games in fullscreen?

I tried hq3x scale 2x and both look like this : http://imageupload.org/di-212915748267.jpg

There doesn't seem to be an in game menu for the emulator.

This post has been edited by kevinlekiller: Dec 5 2010, 07:49 PM

jayboy86

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »

from what i have seen so far from other peoples comments this port isnt worth using unless you can improve it. i know nothing about that kind of stuff so im in no posistion to complain about other peoples hard work, but i think im going to wait for a new or improved version, but its a good start for development.

This post has been edited by jayboy86: Dec 5 2010, 08:15 PM

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2020, 04:11:00 PM »

Need for Speed : High stakes here we go again. I wonder if it will work better on the 360, it barely work on the XB1

brandogg

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2020, 04:51:00 PM »

I don't see why this is "not worth using," the bezel is kind of annoying I'll admit, and the somewhat distorted image it produces is weird, but hwy, it's a PSX emulator for the 360. It doesn't have too great of compatibility, but for a first release, I would call it a success. It does run several games, afterall. I'm gonna give a couple more games a try later tonight, probably WWF Smackdown! 2.

Code-Red

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »

Big thanks to the gents @ Logic Sunrise. They put in a lot of hard work, and I'm very appreciative for it. Hopefully with given time, this emulator will blossom with full compatibility and full speed/sound.

reprec

• Archived User
FreePSX beta v0.1
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »

To make the emulator work properly:

Extract PSX.XEX and EFFECT.FX from PSX folder
Put them into your emulator folder, BETA or ALPHA (where default.xex is). Rename default.xex to anything else (like default.xe or whatever) to make sure FSD doesn't add this later. Rename PSX.XEX to default.xex, remember effect.fx must be there at the same folder level.

Now try it again with your games!

DRIVER and MGS working for me so far. Still sound issues but 3D games work @ good speed! (360 freezes when selecting "Try Again" option in Driver, but the game is playable at least)
Now you can't say this isn't a good alpha/beta...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5