xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Opening The Rock Band Drum Set  (Read 147 times)

Lotus289

• Archived User
Opening The Rock Band Drum Set
« on: March 19, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

I'm thinking about trying to wire up some LED's into the Rock Band Drum Kit.  My plan is to wire 4 LED's to each drum head that will flash every time the drum head is hit.  Then 16 (maybe less, we'll see) that will flash when the bass pedal is hit.  With this many LED's I will obviously be using an outside power source.  I know how I can do the bass pedal but I'm not sure of the inner workings of the Drum Kit.  

So I have a few questions:
- Has anyone have any pics of the inside of the Drum Kit.  I saw one person that had the kit torn apart, but it wasn't clear how everything worked inside.  
- Is it possible to wire the LED's to the hit censor in the pads?  I imagine the signal needs to get to the 360 somehow.  I figured I'd just tap the + or - of the LED's sets into that power to make them flash.  
- I haven't tried to dismantle my Drum Kit just yet, but is there any type of tamper detection on the Kit itself?

I'm looking to do this mod without leaving any evidence of mods in the event my Drum Kit craps out.  I know they're prone to failure after a lot of use, and I beat the hell out of these things when I play.  I want to have the option to "undo" the mod in case I have to send it back to EA.  But I can figure out a way to do that.  All I need is a breakdown of how the Drum Heads work.  If nobody has anything, I guess I'll just tear into it and start poking around. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  Also, I have the QM Drum Set if it makes any difference.  

Thanx for any help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)