xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Serious Help Burning Backups!  (Read 130 times)

veeman

• Archived User
Need Serious Help Burning Backups!
« on: November 01, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »

I cant for the life of me sucessfully burn the img file of my backed up games.I am using a plextor PX-755SA drive and am trying to use memorex dvd+r dl i know that verbatims are better i just cant get any locally so im stuck with these. I have flashed my drive with the latest firmware and am using imgburn.I am getting this error when i try to burn,

failed to set LO data zone capacity

when i tried another disc it started to burn ,got all they way to %100 complete but gave me some sort of tracking error and couldnt finalize the disc.

what am i doing wrong here?

BombTester

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »

You fogot to set somthing in imgburn i dnt know what it is and also dvd ram setting 2

mrgreaper

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(veeman @ Nov 1 2008, 07:35 PM) *

I cant for the life of me sucessfully burn the img file of my backed up games.I am using a plextor PX-755SA drive and am trying to use memorex dvd+r dl i know that verbatims are better i just cant get any locally so im stuck with these. I have flashed my drive with the latest firmware and am using imgburn.I am getting this error when i try to burn,

failed to set LO data zone capacity

when i tried another disc it started to burn ,got all they way to %100 complete but gave me some sort of tracking error and couldnt finalize the disc.

what am i doing wrong here?

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=516786 will help you

for my experience im finding a lot of discs are causing errors. i have been using bulbaq for a while with no problem but the last batch failed on layer 2, some ridisc did the same they were of the same dye so that was easy to see, yeasterday i had some verbatim and some zerodefex arrive, the latter cant close the session properly. the verbatims however work flawlessly. its annoying i know but you really get what you pay for, having said that if you havent set a layerbreak (see the tutorial) that could fix it.
good luck

veeman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »

well i found a place that had verbatims in stock and burned 10 in a row row flawlessly cant believe the difference in verbatims! now im up and running perfect! guys dont use anything but verbatims lol

xtalent

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

I have used Memorex and have had no problem burning or playing. All my burns have been good out of a 15 pack but next pack i order will be verbs to see how those turn out.